Chapter 77

The rest of the week was spent in a dizzy haze of copy editing press releases, helping Marc and George with interviewing, and updating spreadsheets for tax documents. I hardly was able to keep up with normal adult responsibilities like showering and eating, let alone Harry. We talked and texted when we could but it never felt enough. It felt odd not being able to physically touch the person I wanted to spend my life with.

It was finally Friday and I couldn't be happier. I planned on taking the train to Red Bank to spend the weekend with my parents. I was actually excited to not have to worry about press releases and celebrities for a whole 48 some hours. I was pulled from my work when Maddy phoned and told me Marc needed to see me. It was almost five and I prayed he didn't need me to do anything else today.

I saved what I was working on and headed to Marc's office. It was a beautiful office with cream walls and turquoise accents. Marc sat behind his cherry wood desk with his Mac computer big and bright. George was seated in one of the chairs across Marc. The walls were lined with photos of him and George smiling with various celebrities. I was always in awe whenever I was in here. It was the life and office I wanted for myself one day.

"Sit, sit."

This was different. Marc or George usually told me to do something and I scurried off to do the task. I did as I was told and sat down next to George. George turned to face me and spoke first.

"So, Rowan, you have been with us for a while now and have shown wonderful progress since you started. We are both impressed with your dedication. On behalf of M&G Productions, we would like to offer you a position on our editorial staff. If you take the job, you will attend daily meetings with us and the rest of the staff, write for the blogs, and once we feel you are ready, you will be out on the field on your own. It'll be long nights, and long flights with shitty hours, but it'll also be the best experience of your life. Do you wish to accept this offer?"

I couldn't contain my excitement as a smile broke across my face. This was actually happening right now. I spent most of high school and all of college dreaming and working towards this moment and it was finally here.

"Yes, yes. I accept. 100%. Thank you so much."

"Great. Also, you'll be coming to Ireland with us next month. Figured it would be nice for you to see your boy toy and we've got the rest of the staff on other projects during that time," added Marc.

I nodded enthusiastically and shook both my bosses' hands. I wanted to call everyone I knew to tell the news but Harry was the first person I called. I wasn't sure were or what he was doing but I needed him to know first. The line rang with no answer. I knew he would call when he could. I quickly packed up my things and headed towards the front to tell Maddy.

"I got it!"

"Yes! I told you they would! Congrats girl!" Maddy said, pulling me into a tight hug. "Wanna go out and celebrate??"

"Can't. I am going to my parents, remember? How about when I get back?"