Chapter 125

"Yea, Meredith and I are pretty happy. We fight occasionally but we love each other nonetheless."

"Mer-Meredith?" No. No this cannot be real. It was a coincidence. Of course. There was no way. Absolutely not.

"Rowan, are you alright? You look white as a ghost."

"Your-your girlfriend's name is Meredith?"

He nodded and pulled out his phone.

There she was. Smiling at me with Graysen kissing her on the cheek. It was his background on his phone. I felt sick. I knew I was going to throw up now. I put down my fork and put my fingers up to my head. Rowan, calm down.

"Um, how long have you two been together?"

"It'll be four years next month. July 28th."

"Four-four years? As in years?"

"Yes, Rowan. Seriously, are you ok?"

I closed my eyes and debated on what to say next.

"Look, Graysen, I know we don't know each other that well but there is something I need to tell you. I don't want to but I have to..."

Now it was Graysen's turn to stop eating.

"Remember how I told you that Harry and I broke up?"

He nodded but still looked so confused.

"God...I don't know how to even say this..." I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. "Graysen...he cheated on me...with Meredith. I walked in on them...that's how I got in a car accident. I broke my ribs and sprained my wrist. I had a wicked black eye but its healed now. I walked in on them and apparently drove into a pole because I was so fucked up from seeing them. I immediately broke up with Harry and haven't spoken to him since. Well, he called last night but he was really drunk and that has nothing to do with this conversation..."

I watched as Graysen looked down at his plate. His jaw twitched as he ran his hands over his face and through his hair.

"Please, say something."

"Rowan, I don't...I can't believe you...please, just go."

"What? Graysen, no, I am not lying to you. Why would I lie to you? I don't even know you that well. Honestly, what would I have to gain from lying to you?"

Graysen shook his head. "Meredith wouldn't do that. I think you need to leave. Now."

"Fine but she isn't who you think she is, Graysen. Ask her about Ireland."

I grabbed my bag, threw back his door, and flagged down a cab.

I was fuming as I slammed the cab door. I folded my arms in front of my chest and reviewed the conversation I just had with Graysen. I understand where he was coming from because he didn't really know me but what did I gain from lying to him? I am not a vindictive person and maybe I shouldn't have said anything. Laurie better be home. My head was still swimming with what just happened as I rushed through the front door.

"Laurie!" I screamed walking inside.

"Damn, Row, what the hell? Who died?" She asked, coming out of the bathroom.

"Meredith...he...Graysen...dating...girlfriend...didn't believe me..."

"Woah, woah, slow it down. What's going on?"

Laurie's eyes got wider and wider as I further explained who Graysen was and told her what happened.

"No fucking way, dude. No way. So Graysen has been dating Meredith for three years and you told him about Ireland and he bugged?"

I nodded.

"Wow. I need to sit down."

I walked over to the kitchen table with Laurie but stood because I was too anxious to sit.

"What should I do?"

"I honestly have no idea. Damn, maybe you shouldn't have said anything?"

"Laurie, I had to. If I kept something like that to myself, it would eat me alive."

"True, true. It was definitely her, right?"

"Yes," I said, remembering Graysen's phone background.

"Jeez."

We both pondered in thought for a few minutes. "I have to talk to him," I said walking over to my bag.

"Wait, wait, wait. Rowan, stop. Let him talk to you because right now it is probably world war III over there. You know he is probably confronting her as we speak."

She was right. I put down my phone and started pacing. "Ya know, I remember Harry telling me she had a damn boyfriend too. I just would have never thought it was Graysen. God, she is so evil."

"What about when you and Charlie bumped into her?"

I thought back and remembered her basically running away from me. "It was all an act. People were around. She is only evil in private."

Laurie shook her head. "Rowan, you sound crazy but I guess it could be true."

"It is! I bet she has been cheating on Graysen for years. I bet Graysen doesn't even know the real Meredith. I bet she keeps Graysen on the back burner for when she's in New York-"

"Rowan! Chill!"

"Sorry. I-I just don't want to see Graysen hurt anymore then he already is..."

"Yea, I understand but right now he needs time to think. You have to give him space and you need to calm the hell down before you hurt yourself."

I nodded and sat down next to Laurie.

"Oh, and Harry called me last night."

"Holy shit, no way. Seriously, do you ever have a normal day?"

I shook my head and told her what happened.

"Damn, girl. Well, he is obviously jealous of you and Graysen."

"Whatever."

"Stop, Row, you still love him and care about him which is totally understandable even with all the shitty things he said. Are you going to try and talk to him about all this?"

"Who, Harry?"

She nodded.

"I hadn't thought about that...what would I gain from telling Harry this?"

"Uh, probably protecting his pretty little face? Graysen has been with his chick for a long time and he probably wants revenge. With his fists. On Harry's face."

"Like you did?" I said, laughing.

"Exactly but I imagine I am smaller then Graysen."

"This is true."

I imagined the fight between Graysen and Harry and figured Harry could defend himself. God knows he has enough bodyguards to protect him. I just hoped Graysen wouldn't resort to violence.

(Who wants a double update?! Comment and vote xoxo)