Chapter 129

"Very funny."

"Seriously, Row, does Marc know what he is asking here?"

"I don't think Marc knows what's actually going on with all this."

"Isn't that his job, like all of your jobs?"

"Well, yea, but I guess I'm doing a good job of keeping it out of the press."

"For now."

"Laurie, stop. What am I going to do?"

"You should talk to Graysen. See how angry he is. Maybe tell him you talked to Harry and how Harry is denying it because it isn't true. The allegations Meredith has could totally ruin Harry's reputation. I mean, this is some serious shit. Maybe you should tell Marc?"

I felt sick. I hadn't thought about any of this. If Meredith got wind of me trying to ruin her relationship with Graysen and Harry, who knew what she was capable of. If Meredith wanted to salvage anything with either of them, one of them had to be on my side. My head was spinning.

"I need to talk to Harry. If Meredith wants to keep playing this game with him then he needs to like play double agent or something. Get Meredith to spill about Graysen and Ireland. Something needs to happen that she confesses to lying before this blows up and gets really ugly."

"Seriously, because she isn't going to be happy once she finds out you are behind all this. She obviously doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone except herself and Harry."

"You're exactly right which is why Harry needs to be on my side to get her to come clean so his name isn't dragged through the mud. I can use her infatuation with Harry to get her to confess."

"How are you going to do that?"

"I won't do anything. It has to be Harry."

I got up from the couch and started pacing. My mind was working on overdrive as I tried to come up with something that Harry would agree to.

"Maybe Harry and I can pretend we are back together? No, that will probably set her off even more to spread lies."

I halted mid pace.

"What, Row?"

"I have to call Harry." I ran from the room and took my phone with me.

The line rang but it picked up on the second ring.

"Rowan?"

"Harry, we need to talk. Face-to-face. It's an emergency. Where are you?"

"Calm down, Rowan. I am in the city looking at houses. I can meet you in a few hours if you'd like?"

"You're-you're looking for houses in New York City?"

"Yes but it'll be a couple hours still."

"Oh, yea. Sure."

"Where?"

"My house. If that's ok? I don't want anyone overhearing us."

"Um, alright. I'll see you soon."

He hung up as my mind continued to run in overdrive.

"Mind telling me the master plan here?"

"I haven't figured it all out yet but it has to happen tonight before anyone says something." I was pacing and biting my nails. I was a nervous wreck knowing Harry would be here soon and also knowing this plan could fail miserably.

"Ok, well, I am meeting a makeup client so I'll see you later. Rowan?"

I looked up at her.

"Be careful with all this. Meredith is like a ticking time bomb and well you and Harry aren't much better. Please call me if you need me and don't get arrested."