Chapter 136

I pushed back from Harry's embrace and turned my face.

"Love?"

"Harry...I-I don't know how to say this. I can't move in here."

Harry's face dropped as I said those words. He put his hands in his pockets and looked down at his shoes.

"Harry, I want to but...I can't. I'm leaving for LA tomorrow. I...I got a promotion."

His face lit up. "Well, that's wonderful news, love. This can all wait until you come home. I actually prefer LA. Are you excited?"

I was taken aback by all this. Harry was happy for me and would be willing to wait until I got back. I shook my head and tried to form words.

"Harry, look, LA is going to be a life changing time for me. I-I don't know how much time I am going to have and after everything that just happened, maybe we need some time..."

I can't believe I was saying these words but something told me I needed to tell Harry how I felt.

"Harry, I love you with every part of my heart and every part of my soul but after the accident and Meredith...I just need time to figure stuff out. I lost who I was for a minute there. And, this promotion is a huge deal for me and I cannot mess this up. I don't even know how I didn't get fired from everything that happened in Ireland. I am kind of a mess."

Harry started laughing which shocked me. I basically told him I couldn't be with him.

"W-what's so funny?"

Harry took my face into his hands and pushed a strand of hair away from my forehead. I was utterly perplexed.

"Love, I know you are a mess but you are my mess. I will give you time to settle in LA and get acquainted with your surroundings. Once you are ready, I will be on the first flight or car ride out. Just because you have this huge thing going on doesn't mean this needs to end. I agree we need some time to heal and time to actually comprehend everything. Once we do that, then we can move on. Together. We will get through all this together. It doesn't need to be so serious, Rowan. I am pretty fortunate to have the connections I do to make sure I can see you. Whenever. Even in the middle of the night...when you are most vulnerable..."

With his last words, he moved his body against mine and I stopped breathing. His green eyes were staring into mine as he moved closer. His lips lingered inches from mine and I was overcome with his heavenly woodsy sweet smell. I closed my eyes and pushed my lips on his. I moaned into his mouth. I forgot how much I missed him kissing me. Nothing could touch me when Harry was kissing me.

I took a step back and looked at him. His eyes were hungry for me. The water from the pool was reflecting on his face and made his entire body glow. I looked him up and down as I took off my wedges. Harry watched me as I took off my dress. I was standing in just my bra as I slide my panties down. I heard Harry's intake of breath as I unhooked my bra. Harry advanced towards me but I put my hand up to stop him. I raised my hands up and tied back my hair. I turned away from Harry and took one step into the water. It was warm as I stepped further in. I turned and looked at Harry over my shoulder and gave him a smirk. He starting laughing as he took his shirt off, then his shoes and pants. I watched as he walked towards me, completely naked now. His tattoos were bright against his tan skin.

I was completely in the water now but Harry stood on the stairs and beckoned for me to come back towards him. His hand connected with mine and pulled me out of the water. He guided me towards the stairs and sat me on the top step, out of the water as he stepped down a few more and laid horizontal. It took me little time to see what he was doing.