Chapter 83

"Ms. Emerson, apologies."

"M-Marsh. Where is Harry??"

I scoured the hallway looking for any sign of him but even his boots were gone. I wasn't sure what I was going to say to Harry exactly but I just needed to see him.

"Mr. Styles had to catch a flight back to Europe for the tour. I just sent him on his way. He didn't want to wake you..."

I stood frozen waiting for Marsh to say just kidding but he didn't. I raced down the stairs and pulled back the door. The cool Pocono air hit me in the face as I looked around for the curly haired boy. I only saw Laurie's car and Marsh's SUV. My heart sunk a little but I guess it was for the best, considering I didn't know exactly what I wanted to say to him. I gathered my thoughts and went back inside.

I collided with Laurie now and let out a gasp. "Jeez, why am I running into everyone right now?" I collected myself and shut the door behind me.

"He left already?" Laurie asked.

"Yea...for Europe again."

"Oh shit."

"It's fine. Honestly, I don't even know what I wanted to say to him. I have so much going on in my head right now. I just wanted to see him..."

"Yea, I know, girl. Listen, I think you should take the next couple days to just let all this shit sink in. There's no service anyways so it's not like you can call him. Well, you don't have a phone anyways so...never mind."

I laughed at her comment and realized I would need a new one eventually. I hoped my parents didn't kill me. Even though it was something I would be reprimanded for it, it felt good caring about things again. The past few days I felt like a shell of a human being. I wandered back upstairs, said good night to Laurie, and laid back down. I didn't know if I was going to be able to fall back asleep knowing that Harry didn't know how I felt. My mind was racing. I jumped back out of bed and went to find Laurie.

After opening the doors that were unlocked, I finally found her.  "Row, you ok?" She asked, taking out her headphones.

"I need to text or call him so he doesn't think I hate him. It'll be quick...I just need to so I can clear my head a little", I said, coming to the foot of her bed. "I know we don't have service but I can go ask Marsh. He also has Harry's number...since my phone is, well, not functioning."

"Uh, ok. If that will help. Come on. "

I watched as she got out of bed and pulled on her robe and slippers. She handed me her extra robe and slippers and we walked downstairs. The cool Pocono air hit me in the face again as we took the small trail leading to the guest house. It looked like a miniature version of the house. Laurie knocked and the door immediately opened.

"Ms. Emerson, is everything alright?"