Chapter105

After the show, I waited for Harry in his dressing room. My mind was still swarming with the interaction between Meredith and me. I replayed the conversation over and over in my head. I hadn't realized that I had bitten all my nails down when I heard laughing from the other side of the door.

"No, Mer, you are so wrong! The best kind of boots are the ones that are worn in just after a month or two. Brand new ones are too...well, new. I promise you, I will let you wear mine and you will see!"

"No way Harry. Nothing is better than slipping on a pair of gorgeous new Jimmy Choos and strutting around!"

I watched as Harry and Meredith talked back and forth about shoes or something. They hadn't even noticed I was in the room yet. I'm sure Meredith noticed but chose to ignore me.

"Oh, hello love! Have you been in here the whole time? The show was great. Did you see it?"

I nodded. "I was side stage." I caught Meredith's over Harry's shoulder and her eyes were slits.

"Oh! Sorry, love. Are you hungry?"

"Um, I'm ok. Are we going back to the hotel now? I am so tired from the day." I wanted to get back to the hotel and away from Meredith. Harry spun around to face her and her face instantly lit, eyes wide open now like a puppy dog getting a treat. She really was evil.

"Well, um, Meredith and I are going to dinner since she is leaving tomorrow. Is that ok?"

My blood starting boiling. No, it wasn't ok. No, it wasn't ok that she and Harry were going to dinner alone.

"Harry, can we talk? Alone."

Meredith gave Harry a quick smile and said sweetly, "I'll go wait out here. No worries." I wanted to bash her head in for the disgustingly, fake sticky sweet voice that came out of her mouth.

The minute the door shut behind her, I turned to face Harry. "Harry, you can't go to dinner with her. She wants you back. I swear she is not over you."

"Love, listen to me, Meredith and I haven't been together in over a year. We haven't even kept in touch. She called me when she saw that I was in Ireland the same time she was. I promise, her and I are friends. Marsh will take you back to the hotel. Get some rest and I'll be back before you know it."

"Harry, I am really not comfortable with this at all. She wants you back and this is her way of getting you alone. I'm not going to be able to sleep until you're back anyways. Please, don't go."

"Love, stop. This is silly. She is just my friend."

"Harry, please just believe me. She is still in love with you! You have to trust me!"

"Knock, knock. Harry, we are going to be late for our reservations," said the same sweet fake voice owned by Meredith from behind the door.