Chapter 119

The next morning I woke up and checked my phone. It was only 8 AM and I was wide awake. I slept like shit considering my last conversation with Harry. My stomach was in knots and I felt sick. Why was I worried about this so much? I felt this really sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach that I only got when something was going to happen.

I decided I needed a distraction and opened up my MacBook. I spent the day working on new press releases and sending them to the office. I kept my phone right next to me to know when to start to get ready to meet Harry. Laurie woke up around two and started making coffee. I got out of bed and wandered into the kitchen.

"Morning, roomie."

"Morning."

"Woah, you sleep ok? You look like shit."

"I'm ok."

"So, what time are you meeting Harry? I'm so glad you two are going to talk and figure this shit out."

"Not sure yet. I haven't heard from him today. Yea, me too."

"You haven't heard from him today?" She asked, looking at me over the brim of her coffee cup.

I shook my head. "I'm sure he will call soon."

Laurie nodded as she sipped her coffee. I looked around the kitchen nervously and felt sick again.

"Want coffee?"

"I'm alright. I just...I just have this really sick feeling in my stomach."

"Like...like how?"

"I don't know. I can't really figure it out."

Our conversation was cut short by my phone chiming in my hand. I looked down and my heart leapt when it said it was from Harry.

*Be ready by 6pm. I'll send a driver."

I read it a few times before it registered. Laurie came around and read it over my shoulder. I looked up at her with my eyes wide and concerned.

"That's...that's a little informal but I am sure he is just busy."

I shook my head and went back to my bedroom. I sat down on my bed and stared out the window. What was going on? Was I overthinking this or maybe Harry was just busy? I didn't do anything wrong, right? I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them.

"Row? You ok?"

I shook my head and felt small tears escape my eyes.

"What is it, Row?"

"Why is he so cold right now?"

Laurie sat down next to me and pulled the hair off my face. "Sweetie, I am sure it's nothing. He is probably busy and honestly this is the first time you two have had any kind of communication since everything happened and he probably has no idea how to act around you. You literally ran away from him yesterday and in Ireland."

"Yea, maybe." I wiped my tears and grabbed my phone. I wrote back an "Ok." And sent it.

"Let's figure out what you're going to wear. You only have a couple hours before you need to leave."

Laurie spent the next few hours poking and pulling on me with makeup and hair tools. I was forever grateful for her being here right now because as the minutes clicked on, my stomach hurt more and more. Harry never responded to my last text.

I had about twenty minutes before the car was going to come get me and I looked at my reflection. I looked nice considering how sick I felt. Laurie straightened my hair and it hung long over my shoulders and back. She carefully covered the bruises that were left on my face and my eyes were shining underneath the lashes she created for me. My outfit was simple. Tight black jeans, a loose fitting white tank top with gold plated accessories on the shoulder, and black strappy sandals. She secured a black hat on my head to cover my face if there were photographers and I slipped on sunglasses.