Chapter 128

Before I found my way home, I decided to stop for some well-deserved ice cream. As I sat in Central Park and watched people walk or exercise by, I almost envied them. They didn't have the kind of drama I had. They led easier lives that involved sunbathing in the middle of the day in a park. Maybe they left work early too or maybe they didn't need a job because they had trust funds. As I sat and ate my ice cream on the hot day, my mind wandered back to Harry. He would love this. Sitting here, not being bothered, just enjoying what life had to offer. The simple, small pleasure of something cold on a hot day. Another perk of New York City is that even if people know you're famous, they tend to leave you alone for the most part unless they are paparazzi but celebrities know when and where they usually are. I felt my phone buzzing in my bag and thought for a second it was Harry. I quickly grabbed it and saw it was my dad.

"Hi daddy!"

"Oh, hi sweetie. I thought I would get your voicemail. Aren't you at work now?"

"Oh, um, lunch break."

"Oh, ok. How are you feeling?"

"Fine. The bruises are pretty much gone and I can breathe normally again. My wrist hurts sometimes but I have my brace with my in case it really starts to hurt."

"Good, good. How's work and everything else been?"

"Fine. Work has been crazy busy."

"And the boyfriend situation?"

I decided it was best for my dad to only know things if he really needed to. "There isn't any boyfriend situation, dad. Just me and Laurie and work."

"Ok, sounds good sweetie. Listen, I've been meaning to call you about your blood work."

Blood work? When did I do that? "Wait, what?"

"Honey, remember I sent it out for some things Laurie said were ailing you? The dizziness and the light headiness?"

"Oh, oh, yea. I completely forgot. Is everything ok?" I felt my body get tense. I hadn't thought about that. I quickly remembered how sick I felt in Ireland.

"Everything is fine but your blood work showed you were completely dehydrated and your blood sugar was dangerously low. Sweetie, you have to take better care of yourself. This stuff isn't something to mess around with."

"Wow, ok. I-I had no idea. Thanks for calling me, dad. I love you."

"Love you too, sweetie. Please just make sure you are eating and drinking enough, ok?"

"Ok. I promise."

I hung up the phone and quickly walked over to a street vendor and got a water. I downed the water and grabbed a cab for home. I opened my front door and saw Laurie sitting on our couch. I walked over and slumped down next to her.

"Hey, you're home early or have I been watching too much trash TV?"

"Ugh, I had the worst day possible."

"Spill."

After telling Laurie about what Meredith said about Harry and the conversation with Harry and also my dad, Laurie just shook her head.

"So, Meredith is really insane, Harry is so jealous, and you need to drink more water. Interesting. Oh, and Graysen is delusional."

I nodded and looked over at the TV. "Oh my God, those are today?" I asked, pointing to the screen.

"No, next week. Row, you work for a PR company, shouldn't you know when the Billboard Music Awards are?"

"Well yea, I guess but I'm not going so it doesn't matter when they are."

"That's right, you ripped up the tickets Harry sent you. Why did he send those anyway?"

"No idea. When they were sent here, it was right when I got back from Ireland, remember?"

"Ah, yes. How could I forget you ripping them up in front of him?"

I nodded and continued to stare at the celebrities on the screen covered in their beautiful gowns. My mind wandered to what it would be like to go...with Harry. On his arm. In front of millions of people.

"Row, your phone!"

I was pulled out of my daydream by my phone ringing. I was scared to look at who it was.

"It's Marc. Shit, I have to pretend to be sick...Hello?" I said, lowering my voice to mimic sleepiness or sickness. 

"Rowan, are you feeling alright? Maddy said you went home."

"Oh, yea. My dad said it was dehydration. I'm just resting for today. I'll be back tomorrow. i sent you the venue information via email."

"Yes, thank you, I got it but let's hold off on that because Graysen's band got a last minute invite to the Billboard Music Awards and you will be going with them. So get hydrated and be ready for the next week to be very busy. There is even rumor of them getting to perform."

"Holy shit, really? I mean, great. Can't wait. See you tomorrow!"

I quickly hung up and looked over at Laurie.

"Nice cover with what your dad said. Quick thinking there-"

"Stop. I'm going to the Billboard Music Awards."

Laurie sat up and looked over at me from her side of the couch. Eyes wide and jaw dropped. "What. No fucking way. I am so jealous! Oh my God, what are you going to wear!? I'll do your makeup and hair. I'm thinking like a vampy look, smoky eyed and wine color lipstick."

"Laurie, I-I, oh my God, this is crazy. Fuck, I am going with Graysen of all people."

"Why are you going with him?"

"Because its for his band," I said, with my head in my hands. "God, why does my life have to have so much drama?"

"Maybe nothing will happen and everything will go fine," she said looking at me. "Who am I kidding, of course shit will go down. You're Rowan Emerson."

(Whattttttttttttt! Comment and vote xoxo)