Chapter 115

"Holy. Fuck. Row, is that...is that her??"

My eyes were wide as I took in the fact that this evil person was here right now. The cameras spotted me and a few took double takes until it was a stampede towards me.

"Rowan! Rowan! Over here!"

I was frozen. Not only were the cameras clicking and people were staring but one of these people was Meredith. She turned her head and her eyes locked with mine. If I wasn't so distracted by everything around me, including Charlie's nails digging into my arm, I would say that Meredith looked almost scared. I took a few steps back before realizing she was coming towards me. God, she was so tall. I looked down at her feet and she had black stilettos on them. Of course she did. She went to open her mouth but I shook off Charlie's hand and stepped right up to her. Well, I was more eye line with her chest but I looked right up in her face.

"Stay. The. Fuck. Away. From. Me. You evil, little, disgusted waste of space."

Now there were people with their phones taking pictures and probably recording. Great. But in this moment, I couldn't care less. Meredith looked shocked as she took a couple steps back now. I watched as her eyes filled with tears. Why was she crying? Where was the bitch that was in Ireland? This girl looked afraid and scared of me. I am sure my face looked shocked as I heard nothing around us. Everyone was waiting for a retaliation but nothing happened. She covered her mouth and ran from where she standing.

I looked back at Charlie and she looked just as confused as I did. Then, from out of nowhere, I heard applauding and cheering. I wheeled around and saw that the crowd that gathered around us were all cheering and smiling at me.

"Good for you, Rowan!"

"Yay, Rowan!"

"You told her, Rowan!"

I was bewildered. Not only were these strangers saying my name but they were applauding me for making someone upset. I pulled my hat down and grabbed Charlie.

"I'll make you cupcakes at home. Let's go."

I half ran, half dragged Charlie all the way back to my apartment.

"Row, hold on, wait. First, you're going to rip my arm off and second why are you pissed? You stood up to the girl that pretty much ruined your life."

I didn't answer her as I opened my front door, walked inside and threw my shoes off.

"Earth to Rowan."

"S-sorry. Did you see her face? She looked like she wanted to burst into tears. That's not like me to do that to someone. I know it sounds fucked up but who am I to feel better making someone upset like that in front of all those people."

"I understand what you mean but you expected her to snap right back, not cry. So, you can't beat yourself up for that. If you knew she would cry, you wouldn't have said anything at all."

"I guess. Why didn't she say anything back? She was so rude in Ireland and now she's like a scorned puppy or something."

"Who knows but let's not think about that right now. Wanna watch a movie? My train leaves in a couple hours for home but I can stay and hang out if you want?"

I nodded. It was nice having Charlie around and I didn't want her to leave. After deciding on an old romantic comedy, I felt my eyes getting heavy. As I turned to lay on my side, I winced in pain.

"You ok?"

"Ribs. Apparently they take like 6 weeks to heal or something. I keep forgetting I can't lay on my side yet," I said, grabbing my medication and taking two.

As I turned to lay on my back, Charlie gasped next to me. Without even getting up, I turned to look over at Charlie who had her phone glued to her face.

"Rowan Emerson, the scorned ex-beauty of Harry Styles, stood up to the Amazon like supermodel after Emerson found them both in bed. Words were exchanged between the two bombshells only hours ago in the Manhattan. A very jaded looking Emerson had a few choice words for the model. Click below for the full video!"

"Jaded? What the hell? I'm not jaded."

"Yea, you are. Damn, Rowan, you are short."

"Did you see her heels?"

Charlie started laughed as I shook my head and pulled a blanket over my head. I heard the sound coming from her phone but refused to listen or watch. "Char!" I yelled as I heard it replay at least four times.

"Sorry!"

The movie played as my pain killers started kicking in. I looked over at Charlie as she got fuzzy as sleep overtook me.

————

I woke up to the main menu of the movie playing over and over again and sunlight coming in through my living room windows. I quickly sat up and looked over at the other couch. It wasn't occupied anymore but I saw a note on my coffee table.

Row Row,

I didn't want to wake up but I love you so much and so happy we got to spend some time together. Call me later!

Char

I rolled my eyes at the high school nickname. I put the note back down and got up from the couch. Wandering into the bathroom, I made an effort not to check the mirror. After, I opened the fridge to get something to drink, I was caught off guard but a light knocking.

Can I just have a normal morning? I hesitated. I didn't want to open the door but it came again. I checked the time and it said 9:13 am. It was too early for the mailman. I checked the peephole and saw someone I didn't recognize. It was a man in a very expensive looking suit with something in his hand. My hand hovered on the door before opening it but eventually I did.

"Hello, Ms. Emerson," he said, handing me an envelope. It was bigger than a normal sized one and it was black. Without another word, he turned and left. I watched as he quickly got into the waiting car on the curb. It was a black SUV.

(What's in the envelope and could it be from Harry??? Comment and vote xoxo)