Chapter 133

It was quiet inside the dark apartment. I shut the door behind me and walked into my bedroom. Without even removing a shoe, I fell into my bed.

"Hey! What happened! Spill!"

I jumped and almost fell off my bed when I saw Laurie bounding into my room, a towel wrapped around her head.

"Jeez, Laurie! I almost peed myself."

She laughed and I began my very detailed story of the dinner to the confrontation to Graysen's apartment. Laurie let out gasps and covered her eyes on more of the brutal details like the recording of Meredith confessing.

"So, do you think Graysen will take her back? I mean, Harry is right...you have to just let that go even though you and Graysen are friends..."

I shook my head. "I have no idea what they are doing and yea I know Harry is..."

"Wow. So, what about you and Harry?"

I looked over at her and shrugged. "We haven't officially said we were back together but we also didn't officially break up so I honestly have zero idea. He is my world so I want to say we have gotten through this together. There was no way we could have ever found out the truth without the other. I have to talk to him but I just need a couple days of quiet. I am exhausted."

"I cannot imagine. All that planning and scheming would tire anyone out."

After saying good night to my roommate, it took all of my effort to change and crawl back into bed. Before I could even contemplate another thought, I was out.

------

The next day my eyes opened slowly. I checked my clock and I still had about half an hour before my alarm would go off. I was oddly comforted knowing I still had time before I had to get up. I looked up and around my room and appreciated my home. I slowly got up and made my bed. I walked into my kitchen and switched on the coffee machine and wandered into my bathroom. I looked tired but somewhat rested. The bags under my eyes were present but not prominent. My hair was its usual mess but I wanted to take the time to actually curl it today. I found the iron tangled with other cords and quickly turned it on. I grabbed the fresh coffee and went back into my bedroom. I pulled out a simple lacy orange dress and paired it with a tan belt and tan wedges. I still couldn't walk in high heels but wedges I could manage and I felt confident today.

After curling my hair and putting on some makeup and changing, I was ready for the day. As I went to turn my front door knob, someone was knocking. I took a step back and shook my head as I pulled it open.

"Good morning, Ms. Emerson. Ready?"

"Marsh!" I all but jumped and fell on him. He was taken aback but laughed at my surprise jumping embrace. I looked over his shoulder and saw the black SUV.

"Thank God. Those cab rides were getting expensive," I said, turning and closing my front door. 

Marsh laughed again and I followed him to the car. I hopped in and hopped onto Harry's lap instead.

"Oh! Harry, w-what are you doing in here?"

"Uh, well, it is my car but if you would like me to leave-"

"No! No. I-I'm sorry, I just wasn't expecting you."

Harry started laughing and I felt him lift me up and shift himself over. I felt tiny electricity shoot up and down my body as Harry's long fingers gripped my hips to move me. Blood rushed to my cheeks.

"I've missed your cheeks blushing that way when I touch you. Remember when we first met? I thought your cheeks were forever that rouge color."

I shook my head and turned to look out the window. I felt Harry's hand move onto my neck and softly massage it. I fell into his hand and closed my eyes.