Chapter 78

The relaxing weekend back home was exactly what I needed after a long week at work. My parents and I went golfing, played tennis, and spent time together before I had to go back to the city. I loved being able to get away from the busy, crowded streets of New York to come back to the quiet waves of the ocean. As I was packing my things up, I heard my phone buzz. I quickly ran to answer it, hoping it was Harry. I hadn't heard from him all weekend which caused the weird, queasy feeling in my stomach to worsen.

"Hey, Laur."

"Hey, Row. You coming home today?"

"Yea...what's up?"

"Nothing, just wanted to make sure. Miss ya."

"Ok...I'll see you soon."

That was weird. I looked down at my phone and contemplated the five second phone call. I pushed it from my mind as I headed downstairs to say good bye to my parents. I hugged them each tightly and promised to come back and visit as soon as I had a break from work. I had no idea what this full time editorial position had in store for me.

I peeked out the front window and saw the black SUV waiting in the driveway. I hugged my parents one last time before I left and was greeted by Marsh and jumped into the back of the truck. The back was empty which was odd, considering I was so used to seeing Harry's roses. I paid no mind though as we headed back to New York City.

As soon as the truck came to a stop, we were instantly surrounded by cameras and people. I never saw so many in my life unless Harry was with me. They must have assumed he was because this was crazy. Marsh quickly jumped out and pulled me through the chaos. People were shouting and screaming all at once and I couldn't comprehend a thing. After thanking Marsh for the ride home and the protection, I put putting the key into the front door, something immediately felt off. I couldn't place what was making me feel so off, but the subtle queasy feeling I was having all weekend hit me full force. I dropped my bag and steadied myself on the kitchen counter.

"Hey, Row..."

I didn't answer as I was trying to stop the uneasy feeling from taking over.

"Shit, Row. Are you ok? I hope all this shit didn't kill your weekend home..."

How did she know I wasn't feeling well? I looked at her with a confused look on my face, waiting for an explanation.

"What shit..."

"Fuck, Row. You didn't see all that shit all over the media, did you?"

"What are you talking about?" My mind went to the worst possible scenario. "Is Harry ok??"

"Oh, he's fine...shit. Here, just look...I-I don't even know what to say..."

My hands shook as Laurie handed me her phone. I felt hot and dizzy because Laurie was never at a loss for words on anything.