Chapter 108

When I went back to my seat, I didn't look at Harry. He would glance over at me but I kept my sunglasses on and my eyes focused ahead. I needed to get away from him. I needed my life back where I wasn't jumping into cars and crashing into things. Yes, I loved him with everything in my soul and in my heart but not at this cost. I was losing myself. If the Rowan a year ago saw the Rowan now, she wouldn't believe it. Sure, people do crazy things for love but not me. Not anymore. I was only 21. I had my whole life ahead of me. I wasn't worrying about Harry anymore. My life was all consuming around him. Even my job revolved around him. This whole trip to Ireland was about him. Maybe I'll ask Marc and George to keep me away from One Direction events from now on. I knew I was angrier at him and at myself more then anything right now and the hurt and pain would come later but I didn't care. I was used to this by now...like Meredith said. I pushed it all from my mind when I remembered I was home. Finally home. The plane was landing and I switched on my phone. Laurie, Alec and a few of his work friends were already waiting at the airport for me. I wanted nothing to do with Harry or his team of bodyguards. I would miss Marsh the most but I am sure Harry will find someone new for Marsh to tag along with soon.

My phone started immediately ringing.

"Hey, Laur. Yea, just landing now. No, I can walk. Laur, really, I don't need a wheelchair. I'm sure there are a ton of paparazzi. Ok, well if I forget to thank Alec  please do it for me. I really appreciate you guys here to help. Ok, love you too. See you soon."

The plane was stopped now and I saw Lincoln town cars and a few SUVS waiting right outside. We must be the first ones here which calmed me because I did not want anyone to see me right now. I threw my carryon bag over my shoulder very carefully, straightened my hat, and gripped the back of the seat in front of me. I saw Harry struggling with his bags in an effort to come help me but I was not having it. I motioned towards the flight attendant who hurried over. Harry stopped what he was doing and watched the flight attendant grab my bag for me as I held onto her arm. We slowly walked towards the exit, leaving Harry alone. I heard him moving behind us and hoped he wouldn't try to talk to me before I left to find Laurie. This was heartbreaking enough walking away with all this anger towards him. I knew it wouldn't last forever but it didn't mean this was easy.

I saw Marsh waiting for us at the end of the stairs. I felt sad knowing I wasn't ever going to see him again. When the flight attendant and I finally got to the end of the stairs, I motioned for Marsh to come to me.

"Yes, Ms. Emerson? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Well, not really but can you do me a favor?"

He nodded. "Grab Laurie and my friends. They are probably in front waiting for me but I can't go out there. I just need to get away from all this."

Marsh looked from me to Harry then back to me before nodding. He jumped into his SUV and sped off to the front of the airport. Another guard was helping Harry put his luggage into another SUV. Harry was watching me. I felt his eyes on me. He didn't need to wait for me. I knew he was stalling but I wish he wouldn't. I didn't want him to say anything to me. I prayed Marsh would come back soon. After a few minutes of Harry staring in my direction, I turned my head to face him. I knew he couldn't read my face because it was hidden under the hat and sunglasses but I could read his. It was shattered into a million pieces. His eyes were the brightest green I had had ever seen. His hair was softly blowing around his face as we continued to stare at the other, not saying a word. We were far enough apart that with the noise and wind of the runway, we wouldn't hear the other anyways.

Finally, I heard Marsh's SUV come back followed by Laurie's car. Harry saw it too. Alec must have been driving because Laurie threw open the passenger side door and ran towards me but stopped when she saw my face.

"Oh, Rowan, honey. God, look at you. Come on, let's get the fuck out of here. This place is a madhouse with cameras and shit. Babe, grab her stuff!" Laurie said and then yelled to her boyfriend over the sound of more planes landing and taking off. Alec and his friends quickly jumped from the car and grabbed my things. I softly waved to them while Laurie helped me towards the car. My back was to Harry as I tried to get to the car as fast as I could with my bruised body but it was still a snail's pace.

"Laurie, hold on." I turned around to motion Marsh to come to me. Harry was still watching me.

 Marsh quickly ran over. I threw my arms around his waist. "Thank you, Marsh. Thank you for everything. I-I don't know what I would have done without you through all this. You're going to be a great father to your kids one day."

Marsh didn't say anything as he hugged me back. I didn't need him to say anything. I let him go after a few more seconds. He stood and waited for me to get safely inside the car. I put my head down to shield my face away from everything. I carefully wiped the tears that had escaped. I played with the thread coming undone on my sweatshirt sleeve when something outside caught my eye. It was Harry. Walking towards me. Marsh stepped in front but Harry forcefully pushed him out of the way. My door was being flung open as Harry was in front of me. On his knees. Begging.

"Please, Rowan. I am so sorry for this. Please, don't leave like this. I can't bear this." He was crying. He grabbed my hand but I took it back. He was crushed but I didn't say a word to him. If I opened my mouth, I wouldn't be able to stop the tears. I pulled away from Harry and looked over to Marsh who walked over and grabbed Harry by the shoulders away from me but he wasn't budging. I knew Marsh was much stronger but he didn't want to fight his boss.

"Harry, get the fuck away from her. Seriously. Everyone knows what you did. Back the fuck up!" I heard Laurie scream from the side.

The scene around me was too much. Harry groveling at my feet and crying. Marsh unsure of what to do and Laurie fuming. Alec had one arm on Laurie as she started advancing towards Harry with red in her eyes. With one quick movement, Harry stood up and Laurie's fist connected with his jaw.

(Comment and vote!! xoxo)