Chapter 111

I woke up ravenous. My room was dark as I threw back my covers and swung my legs over the side of my bed. I can't remember the last time I felt this hungry. I pulled back my door and was greeted with the soft hum of the TV. I walked slowly into the front of the apartment and saw Laurie and Alec curled up together on the couch. They hadn't heard me as I walked in.

"Hey guys."

"Ah, Christ, Row. Give me a heart attack. What's up? What do you need?" She asked, getting up off the couch.

"Food. Now."

"That a girl!" I heard Alec say getting off the couch too.

"Row, sit. Alec will make you whatever you want."

"So, what'll it be?" He asked.

I looked from him to Laurie and pondered. I had no idea what we even had so I told him whatever he could make good and fast. I watched as he quickly got to work.

"Here, Row. Your dad said this will help your eye heal quickly. He said to try and massage it a little too if it doesn't hurt. It'll help get the blood flowing," Laurie said handing me a warm compress. "You can put it on your bruises too."

I took the compress and very slowly and gently placed it on my eye. It felt nice but it stung when I put too much pressure on it. "Maybe I could get a patch. Arrrr, matey."

"You're a wierdo. Can you even see out of your eye?"

"A little. Its just like a slit," I said, shrugging. I started smelling the most heavenly smell as Alec was cooking. My mouth started watering. "Is it almost done?"

"Sure. If you are ok with raw chicken. Sit tight, it'll be done soon."

"I haven't eaten in four days. Raw chicken sounds divine."

Alec laughed as Laurie pulled out things for a salad. I watched as the two of them cooked together and sort of envied them. Why couldn't Harry and I have figured this all out? They made it seem so easy as they laughed and flirted. I let out a sigh which caught Laurie's attention.

"You alright over there?"

"Yea. I'm going to see if Marc emailed me back. I honestly have no idea how I am not fired."

"Because you kick ass."

"While totaling company cars but either way."

I heard them laughing as I went into my room to get my phone. I switched it on to check my work email but as soon as it powered on fully, I was hit with so many notifications. I ignored them and went right into my email. I had one from Maddy and one from Marc. I opened Marc's first and let out a sigh of relief when I saw he was letting me come back next week. I quickly scanned to see that Maddy had attached a list of things that I needed to get done by next week. Thankfully I saw nothing with any of the words, one, his name, or direction in them. I had a bunch of press releases to write and edit and a few articles for the website. As I was scanning the email, my phone's screen jumped to an incoming call. I gasped when it starting ringing in my hand and dropped my phone.