Chapter 22

"Ah, Mrs. Styles is home!" Marc said as I was putting my clutch down.

The four of them were sitting on the couch, their eyes burning into mine. I wasn't expecting this. I needed to focus on getting my homework caught up.

"Hey, guys. What are you all doing here?"

"They wanna ask you about your new lover," said Laurie looking a little annoyed. It was too early on a Sunday for her to be awake.

"Uh, well, there isn't much to tell. Just hanging out." To tell Laurie the truth was one thing but to tell a room full of paid gossipers was another. "Look, guys, I have a ton of work to get done before tomorrow."

"What? No gossip for your bosses who are hoping to one day hire you full time. Come on, Rowan, tell us something," said Marc.

"Really, there's nothing to tell. I had some wine and passed out in his hotel room then woke up and came home." Lying, yes, but also protecting Harry and myself from unneeded attention.

"Fine, don't tell us the slutty details but know we will find out if there is anything to find out, my dear. Your face is already all over the internet."

What. They must have noticed my shock.

"Oh yea girl. They got you but no one knows who you are, well except us. Imagine the coverage we would get if they only knew Harry Styles' new beau was our very own intern," said Marc with a cheeky grin.

"Please, you wouldn't, would you guys?"

"Look, there are some things that should stay private and we won't do it unless you want us to," George said which was comforting...sort of. "You just promise us when it's official, we break the story first."

"Agreed."

With that settled, the three left and I went into my bedroom. Sure, they were my bosses but there was no need to intervene in my personal life quite yet.

Since I had already showered, I changed out of my clothes and into something that wasn't on a hotel floor and opened up my book bag. Before I even had the chance to open up my email, my bedroom door banged open.

"Ok, the hounds are gone. Details please before I go back to bed."

"Laur, I really need to get this stuff done." I did want to tell her but something about his life always being on display, I felt this need to protect him.

"Really. I don't have like a wire on me. You can tell me."

"It was...nice. We went to dinner then we went back to his hotel and just hung out and then I fell asleep."

"Hung out naked?"

"Laurie! Stop, really. Its nothing I haven't done before."

"Rowan! No, this is a celebrity!" she said while laughing. "Look, you don't need to tell me anything but when and if you do, you know where I live. Oh, and let's hope that annoying Swift chick doesn't write a song about you," she said and left my room.

I was finally alone. Before I opened my email, I decided to google something first.

And there I was.

Well, sort of. Whoever took the shot, managed to only get half my face while the half was being covered by bodyguards and Harry. They did manage to get his hand in mine and had blown that up and put it in the corner in its own little bubble.

HARRY HOLDING HANDS WITH NEW MYSTERY GIRL. WHO IS SHE??

I wonder if Harry knew this was here. I hoped it didn't bother him too much. I suppose he was used to it. After what felt like years, I finally put a solid dent in my homework. I went into the kitchen to get a drink when I saw my phone lighting up. I had a few texts and a missed call from an unknown number.

*Hello, love. Just finished the first interview, hope your day is going well.*

*Just got out of the last interview, getting a bite to eat with the lads before the press release.*

*Hello, gorgeous. I miss you terribly, hope you're almost done so we can chat for a bit.*

My heart swelled. I wasn't used to guys actually caring to text me this much. I decided to call him. It rang about three times before he answered.

"Hold on, love," he said as I heard screaming. I pulled the phone away from my ear. "Are you there? Sorry, we are heading to another studio." I wonder if he ever got used to the screaming.

"Y-yes. I am here. Sorry, I just saw all your texts."

"I figured you were busy with your homework."

"Yea, but I am finally finished for today."

"That's great, would you like to have dinner tonight? I hope you aren't sick of me yet."

I couldn't help but smile. This was too perfect. When was it all going to stop being so?

"I would love to and it would take a very, very long time for me to get sick of you."

"Good to hear that. I'll call when I am finishing up."

We said goodbye and hung up. I didn't know whether to jump up and down or collapse into a pile of gooey love on the floor.