Chapter 116

I stood in my entry way, holding onto the shiny black envelope contemplating whether to open it when my phone started ringing. It was a weird sound considering it had been off for weeks. I had been waiting for Charlie to let me know she got back safe but forgot to keep it on Do Not Disturb after. I hesitated as I walked towards the ringing device but took a breath when I saw it was Laurie.

"Hey, Laur. Everything ok?" It was rare my roommate being up before noon.  

"Hey, can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, whats up?"

"I need you to find this invitation I got in the mail. It should be on the fridge."

After twenty minutes of helping Laurie locate this invitation and explain what a gala was, I was ready to actually be productive today even though I was still a little tired. I didn't mean to fall asleep on the couch so I grabbed a water and went to my bedroom. I had forgotten I moved it around and was happy with the new arrangement. I sat down my bed and grabbed my MacBook. I had a few emails from work and decided to get started on the press releases. The Billboard Music Awards were coming up and I was in charge of our online content. I wonder if I was going to be allowed to go. Probably not considering I just became a full time staff member and only veterans get to go. I spent most of my morning writing, editing, and sending the finished pieces to the PR team for publication.

After sending what felt like the millionth press release for the BMAs, I rubbed my eyes and stretched. It finally felt somewhat good to stretch my ribs. It also felt nice to be productive. My mind would wander to his green eyes or swaying hips in between editing but I pushed it from my mind. I didn't want to admit that I missed him because it was too hard. I wonder what he was doing right now. I shook my head to clear my thoughts but then my mind would wander to what Charlie said. What if the cheating thing was just a set up and Harry really didn't cheat?

No, I couldn't have overreacted that bad. I know what I saw. Right? I let out a frustrated yell and ran my fingers through my hair. When I was confused or hurt by something, Harry was always there to comfort me and now he wasn't which made me hurt even more. I felt the tears rise to my eyes but sniffed them back before they could fall. I needed to stop thinking about Harry. It was too hard.

I closed my MacBook and pushed it off my bed. I looked around my room and decided to organize my closet. I needed a distraction from Harry and what better way than surrounding myself with a chore that would take up the whole rest of the day. After organizing everything from business casual to don't go out in public casual, I heard a key in the front door. I continued folding when I heard Laurie walk inside.

"Hey, Row! How was your day? Organizing the closet? Nice."

I turned and nodded. "Yup. Finally doing it."

"Did we get mail today?"

"I haven't checked yet," I said to her.

"Well, then what's this black envelope?"

Holy shit, I had totally forgotten. I jumped up and ran into the kitchen and ripped the envelope from Laurie.