Chapter 65

I gravitated to the living room and cried until my head hurt. I must have fallen asleep because I woke up and it was dark. I quickly checked my phone and there was nothing from Harry. I felt like I was waiting for my execution inside this hotel. I needed to get out but I know he told me to stay. I was restless. I went into the bathroom and the girl looking back at me was broken. This wasn't like me. The girl looking back at me was a stranger. I was instantly angry that I was being told to stay put. I grabbed my phone.

"Charlie, hey, listen can I come stay with you?"

The best thing about Charlie was that she never asked any questions. It only took twenty minutes before I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to just see that Charlie was in the hallway alone. I felt a sting that Harry didn't leave even one guard behind but was grateful considering I wanted to leave unnoticed. I put all the borrowed clothes back onto the racks and made sure everything was there. I changed into my clothes that I wore into Boston and realized I had nothing else with me.

"Damn, Row. You really didn't have anything...it's totally fine, I have more than enough stuff for you. Come on."

As I was about to leave, I remembered I had something of Harry's.

"Hang on, Char."

I walked back into the dining area and opened up my wallet. I put his credit card on the table. It felt heavier than it did last night. Along with the card, I put the Ray Ban sunglasses and the Grateful Dead ring down. I fought back tears but knew this was what was best for me. I had lost myself and needed to find me again.

"Ok, let's go."

The sheer madness that greeted us when we walked from the lobby to outside was something I could never be prepared for. I was blind from the cameras flashing and the things people were screaming was unreal.

"Rowan! Rowan! Why did you cheat on Harry?? Did he kick you out??"

The fans didn't make it any easier either.

"You don't deserve him!! You're such a slut! How could you?!?"

I felt Charlie's hands pull me through the crowd and we bolted towards a cab. Charlie shouted an address and the cab shot off. I knew Charlie lived close to the hotel but I was grateful we were safe as we could be inside the cab. After circling the block a few times, Charlie and I finally ducked inside her apartment. I was, of course, in tears again.

I covered my face and leaned against the brick wall inside her apartment. "I-I'm s-s sorry, Ch-Charlie. I'll p-pay you back for the c-cab."

"Rowan, stop, its fine, I'm glad you called. Come on, why don't we get you some clothes and we can talk."

After changing into fresh clothes, Charlie made tea and we sat in her small but beautifully decorated apartment.

"Ok, so what happened...I feel awful because I wanted you to go out..."