Chapter 93

After my tantalizing shower, I wrapped a towel around me and wiped the condensation off the mirror. I looked at myself and smiled at my flushed cheeks and my eyes at their brightest blue. I pulled back the bathroom door and the cool air felt refreshing after the steamy shower. Laurie's door was closed so I assumed they had left or were behind it. I grabbed the leftover dinner and walked into my bedroom. My mind wandered back to being in a different country tomorrow...with Harry. My stomach flipped knowing I would be with him soon. I quickly dried off and changed into pajamas and grabbed the plate of food.

While eating, I grabbed the packet Maddy had given to me earlier and flipped through it. It was the itinerary for the entire trip and it was filled with different locations for the interview. I hadn't released M&G was doing a full spread on their European tour. I saw that every day until Friday was packed with group interviews, individual interviews, fan interviews, and even their team was doing interviews. The location names were similar to reading Chinese for me and I had no idea how close or far away they were away from each other. Even the address of the hotel was different and I wondered if Harry and I were even staying in the same one. My heart starting beating a little faster as I getting overwhelmed with the amount of work that I was about to encounter. I hadn't thought of any of that until now. I was so wrapped up in seeing Harry, I had forgotten that it was because of my job which meant I had to work.

I told myself to calm down and knew I would be spending time with him when we both weren't working. At least our nights would be together...well, I hoped they would be. I finished my dinner and distracted myself with cleaning the dishes. When I was finished, I looked around the apartment and decided to move my suitcase and bag by the front door and get ready for bed. It was almost eleven and I had to be up for the flight so I quickly shut off the lights in the kitchen, locked the front door, and crawled into bed. Sleep came on quickly as my mind fluttered over memories of Harry that melted into my dream. I dreamt of Harry and of him waiting for me in Ireland. 

My alarm ringing loudly pulled me from my wonderful dream but I was more excited for reality right now. I shut off my alarm and jumped out of bed. I let my hair air dry last night and I left it in the messy knot on my head as I switched on the coffee pot and changed into a pair of gray sweatpants cinched on the bottom, a loose white tank top and I laced up my Nikes. I brushed my teeth then wrapped up my bathroom essentials and threw them into one of my traveling bags. I had about twenty minutes before Marsh would be here as I pulled down a cup and poured the hot coffee in. I sat down at the kitchen table and scrawled out a text to my parents that I would text when I landed. It hadn't hit me yet that tonight I would be sleeping in a different country.

Before I could register another thought on that, I heard Laurie's door open. My roommate emerged with dishelved hair and only a robe.

"Hey, sorry, did I wake you?"

"No, no. I just wanted to see you off. Marsh almost here?"

I nodded and she returned the nod. "Are you excited? Ireland is going to be amazing."

"I am more nervous than anything. I was looking at the itinerary for the week and we are so busy. I hope I have time to actually see the country and see Harry..."

"Positive thoughts. Remember? You will be able to see Harry and Ireland and kill it at work. Stop worrying so much, ok?"

I nodded and took a deep breath. She was right even though I knew I would still worry. I promised her I would try to be positive. I heard a knock and we both looked up then at each other.

"Time to go, you jet set lady you. Please call when you land and try to not worry. You'll going to be fine," she said, pulling me into a hug. I walked to the front door and pulled it open to see Marsh carrying a coffee and reaching for my bags.

"Good morning, Marsh."

"Ms. Emerson. Here you are," he said, handing me the coffee.

"Oh, wow, thanks. You didn't have to do that."

"Its fine, Ms. Emerson. I have my own in the car. Come on, let's get going before we miss the flight."

We both got into the black SUV and made our way to the airport. I couldn't believe the amount of paparazzi that greeted us when we pulled up to the airport. Marsh must have foreseen this as I saw more security coming towards us. In the rush, someone drove off with Marsh's SUV as someone else grabbed our luggage, and Marsh grabbed me. I was pulled through the glass doors as the cameras followed us. I didn't feel like I took any air in until I was seated in the first class seat of the airplane with my seatbelt strapped on. Marsh was sitting across from me and looked calm and collected. I was always fascinated as to how he stayed so focused.

"Marsh, do you like your job?"

He looked taken aback by the question but cleared his face and answered. "Yes and no. I like the idea of protecting others but sometimes it's hard on the personal life. The wife and I want children but not until my line of work changes. I love this job but the hours and the time commitment can be hard."

I nodded. "I can see how that must be difficult. I can't imagine how your wife deals with you leaving all the time and flying all over the world. It's like you love her but your attention is constantly on someone else. She must be really strong..." my voice trailed off as I started to come to a strange realization.

"She is...and so are you, Ms. Emerson. You just described your life as well. Mr. Styles works very hard at what he does and his attention is on his fans and his career, but he still loves you just as I love my wife. It can be hard but at the end of the day, as cliché as it sounds, love always finds its way in."

I let what Marsh said wash over me a few times before realizing that Marsh was right. Harry was constantly flying in and out of my life in more ways than one and here I was again flying right back into his.

Catching Red Eyes - NYCOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara