Chapter 138

After packing until there was only a single sock left in my bedroom corner, the three of us sat down and gorged ourselves with pizza and Chinese food. Laurie was speed talking about how much she loved LA and couldn't wait to get there while Harry and I listened to her stories. I was happy to see she was feeling better even though this trip was a distraction.

"So, Rowan, how did your mom take this whole thing?" Laurie asked, changing the subject. Only an hour ago did I call my parents to tell them the news.

"Surprisingly well. They are both excited for me. I have to call when we land. They are happy you'll be there with me."

"Good. So, where are we staying?"

"Apparently where Lauren Conrad stayed when they shot that MTV show. Villas something."

"Damn, really?"

I nodded. "Maddy sent over a packet for the trip and I was browsing through it. I guess the apartment is close to the office building."

"Interesting. Well, I figured I would stay for a little while until I'm over it then come back and hold the New York fort down. Harry, thanks so much again, seriously. I'm going to get some sleep. What time do we need to get up?"

"We need to leave by 5 AM."

"Christ, well I am going to bed now. Don't stay up too late you guys. Harry, are you flying with us?"

Harry shook his head. "No, I have to stay here to sign some paperwork and get some things organized."

Laurie nodded and gave us a wave before disappearing into her bedroom.

"I think its best she doesn't know about the new apartment yet," said Harry when we were sure she was in for good.

"I agree. I can't believe he dumped her for that. I mean, would you have dumped me if I said no to moving in with you?"

"Love, you and I have been through enough that I think we both know we are in this forever. And I would have waited until you were ready to move though. I wouldn't have lost you over something like that."

I smiled up at Harry before cleaning up the dinner mess.

"We should get some sleep. 4 AM is going to come very fast."

"It is. Good thing we went a few rounds earlier so we can just sleep."

I started laughing and smacked Harry very lightly on the arm. In one swift movement, Harry was carrying me into my bedroom and very gently laid me down on my bed. Harry took off his pants and shirt and crawled in next to me. We laid facing the other.

"Are you excited for your trip, love?"

I nodded. "I am really nervous too. I have no idea what to expect."

"You'll be great."

I smiled and reached over to touch his cheek. It was warm and I felt tingles in my fingertips. It didn't take long for my eyelids to get heavy and I was asleep.

-----

I was pulled from my sleep when I heard the shrill buzzing of my alarm going off. I groaned but remembered I was leaving for LA in just a few hours. I turned to see Harry slowly waking up beside me.

"Good morning, beautiful."

I smiled. His voice was always my favorite in the morning; still full of sleep and raspy. I pushed his hair back off his forehead and kissed him softly. I smelled coffee which meant Laurie was already awake. I pushed back my covers and threw my legs over the side of the bed ans walked into the kitchen. 

"Good morning bitch! I think I slept like an hour! Tops!"

"Woah, Laurie. Sssh. Too early."

"Shit, sorry. I'm on like my third cup of coffee. Here."

I took the full cup of coffee and took a sip. I felt it melting into my bones and closed my eyes. I wondered if LA would have the same kind of coffee. They did drink coffee right? I felt so unprepared but happy I had Laurie and Harry with me. I heard Harry's footsteps come out of my bedroom and watched as a still pant less and shirtless Harry walked through the kitchen and into the bathroom. Thank God for his tiny black boxers, not that they left much to the imagination either. I shook my head and laughed.

"Wow, Rowan. Nice job. Seriously"

"Laurie! Stop!"

"Pretty sure I just experienced what a million One Direction fans can only dream about. Half naked Harry Styles upon waking up."

I reached over and tried to smack Laurie but she moved too quickly for me.

"Hey, I am impressed, those boxers were pretty tight on his morning woo-"

We both heard the bathroom door open and Harry reappeared. I shot Laurie a warning glare but ended up laughing.

"What's so funny?" Harry asked. His voice still full of sleep. I titled my head to the side and lowered my eyes to below his hips. Laurie burst out laughing again and covered her eyes. Harry starting laughing and put his hands up in a mocking defensive way. I shook my head and continued laughing.

"Go put pants on, please," I said to Harry. He turned and walked back into my bedroom but not before slipping one side of his boxers down to revel his backside.

"Harry Edward!" I yelled between shots of laughter pouring out of Laurie.

"He is awesome," said Laurie. 

I shook my head again and took another sip of my coffee. I glanced at the time on the oven. "Shit, we have to go."

I downed the rest of my coffee and grabbed my plane clothes. A simple white t-shirt, yoga pants, and flip flops. I opted for a baseball hat that I discovered at the bottom of closet. I knew the weather was always nice in LA so I planned on not being too hot once we landed.

I looked around the apartment one last time before we left. My parents had agreed to keep an eye on it while we were gone.

"Man, I am going to miss this place while we are gone."

"Me too, Laur."

"But we will be back to it soon."

I nodded, not making eye contact with her. I wouldn't be back here when I came home because of the promise I made Harry. I decided not to let myself worry about this right now. I needed to stay focused on the path I had in front of me right now and that was headed to LAX. 

(Oh Harry, Harry, Harry. Comment and vote loves xoxo)