Chapter 132

"YOU!" Meredith screamed, running as fast as her heels would carry her towards me with one sharp manicured finger nail pointing at me. I quickly jumped up and ran for cover behind Graysen.

"Woah, Meredith! Chill!" Graysen yelled, putting one arm in front of him to stop Meredith. It was a time like this I was glad for Meredith's size zero. I took a step back as Meredith continued to try and claw my eyes out.

"You-you horrible, sneaking, deceiving little bitch! Do you know who I am?!" She continued screaming as Graysen physically picked her up and moved her into the kitchen.

"Meredith! Calm down! Christ, stop!" I watched as she continued to tear at Graysen but stopped once we all heard loud footsteps running down the hallway. I didn't realize Graysen's apartment door was still wide open.

"Rowan!"

My stomach flipped when I recognized his voice and for that second as his frame filled the doorway, I forget a small blonde was trying to kill me.

"Harry!" I said as I ran over to him. "I-I thought you left?"

"Well, we made it to the end of the street when I saw her stomping up to Graysen's brownstone," he said nodding towards Meredith. I turned to see Marsh a few feet away. My face broke out in a smile when I saw him. He nodded and crossed his hands in front of the other.

"Oh, well, isn't this bloody fantastic! Everyone is here!" Meredith screamed from under Graysen's arm. "Graysen, get off me. I won't touch her. I am obviously outnumbered," she said, struggling away from him and fixing her hair.

"Fine. What are you even doing here, Meredith? You and I are over," Graysen asked, letting her go.

"Graysen, can't we talk in private? I know your uncle may have said some things about me but if you would let me explain-"

"You mean lie," I interrupted her. She shot me a menacing glare but turned back to Graysen.

"Graysen, please-"

"No. How about we all talk about this right now. Why did you lie to me about Harry forcing himself on you? Don't you get how fucked up that is? I was pissed! I wanted to kill the dude!"

We all turned to look at Meredith. She had four sets of eyes on her as she squirmed. She opened her mouth and then closed it. I saw her eyes cloud and for a second I felt bad for her, only a second as she let out a frustrated squeal.

"Oh my God, fine! Fine! Yes, I lied to you! Nothing happened with Harry! You didn't even need to know about it until that bitch opened her mouth!"

"But you tried to sleep with him? Yes or no?"

Meredith continued squirming and looked over at me then back to Graysen. "I don't remember, I was really drunk...please, Graysen can we talk alone?" I watched as she reached for his hands and interlaced her fingers in his. She was looking up at him with her eyes wide and clouded again. I saw Graysen's shoulders droop as he looked into her eyes.

"Graysen, don't..." I said as Harry's grip around me tightened.

"Love, we should go, this isn't about us..." Harry whispered into my ear.

"Graysen, don't listen to her!"

"Love, come on."

I watched, helplessly, as Harry dragged me out of Graysen's apartment and into the black SUV.

"Harry, he deserves to know how awful she is! I'll just send him the recording-"

"Love, stop," he said, as he grabbed my hands and brought them up to his face. His skin was warm and felt nice under my hands. "Look, maybe in the movies you go back, save the day, get the guy and we all run into the sunset but this is real life, Rowan. Graysen is a real person who is obviously in love with the girl and sometimes love is blind. If he wants to believe whatever lies she is saying right now then that's Graysen's problem. It is very enduring and sweet that you want to save him from her but you don't need to save anyone."

I looked up into Harry's shining, bright, beautiful green eyes and realized he was right. I let out a sigh and leaned into his chest. "I just don't want him to get hurt again."

"I know, love. I know. One day he might get it. You are a queen in my eyes for caring about him."

I felt his lips press into my hair as I shut my eyes. I didn't realize how tired I was until this very moment.

I opened my eyes when I felt the car stop. I saw my home come into view and I looked up at Harry.

"Do you want me to stay?" He asked.

"Not tonight, Harry. It's been a really long day and I just need some quiet by myself."

"Ok, love. Call me tomorrow."

I nodded and looked up into his eyes again. They were so warm and comforting. His hand moved to my cheek and I melted into his hand. I felt his other hand reach for mine as he pressed his lips to my hand. I smiled and gave his hand a squeeze before turning to walk inside.

(Comment and vote xoxo)