Chapter 130

It was twenty minutes before Harry was supposed to meet Meredith, aka Evil Bitch. I easily snuck into the bathroom and took my place in the first stall which was a bit darker than the others. I texted Harry a thumbs up and told him to place his phone on the table with the lock screen up as it recorded and connected to me so I could hear the conversation. I nervously bounced my knees up and down and stared at my phone that was connected to Harry.

"Can you hear me ok?"

"Yes, Harry. Now stop talking and put the phone down."

After about ten minutes of silence, it began.

Evil Bitch (EB): "Harry, babe, so happy to see you two days in a row. How did I get so lucky?"

I cringed when I heard her voice but kept quiet.

Harry (H): "I missed you and wanted to see you again."

I silently rolled my eyes.

EB: "Aw, how sweet. So, you wanted to talk about us?"

H: "Yea-yes. I've been meaning to talk to you about this sooner but with our schedules and the other being so busy, its been hard."

EB: "I know, darling, but we here now. Together."

I shifted uncomfortably on the toilet seat. I wish I could see them. I should have had him FaceTime me or something but this was enough for now.

H: "Listen, Meredith, we have been friends for a long time and I think its time we took the next step."

I felt sick listening to Harry say these things to her but what kept the bile down was knowing it was all a scam to rat her out.

EB: "Oh, Harry! You have no idea how long I have waited to hear you say this! Of course, I'll be your girlfriend!"

I made a disgusted face as I heard this.

H: "You will? That makes me so happy but first...there is something I need to know before we move forward..."

Here it comes.

EB: "Of course, anything, my love. Anything."

I heard him take a breath before he asked.

H: "What exactly happened in Ireland?"

Silence. She didn't say anything. Come on, Harry, come on.

H: "I just want to know so I start our future on the right foot."

EV: "Oh, Harry, you remember what happened. We went out and had a bit to drink then went back to my hotel room and well...we...made love. It was a bit messy because we were both so drunk but it was still so amazing. Than your stupid ex came and interrupted us. How about tonight we recreate that night? Of course, this time, she won't be interrupting."

I actually felt vomit coming up now. This whole thing backfired on me. I wanted to race out of that bathroom and run all the way home but I told myself to calm down and stay put.

EV: "Oh, Harry, I have to powder my nose, Order us a champagne so we can celebrate. I am so happy."

I froze. Thankfully, I was in a stall and not pacing. I sat very quietly and quickly switched my phone to start recording. This is my last chance for ever being with Harry again. I held my breath as I heard the door swing open and shut. Her high heels were clicking away as she walked up to the mirror. I slid a few inches to the right to see that she was staring at herself in the mirror. I could also see her disgustingly short black dress and long horrid blonde hair as she brought her phone up to the ear. I prayed I would get what I needed. 

"Cher? Oh my God, Harry asked me to be his girlfriend! Yes, we are. No, I am in the bathroom right now. I'll dump Graysen later, he is the least of my worries. Besides, he's still trying to sell that lame story I told him to the press but I will deny it up and down now. I'll probably tell people Graysen is stalking me or something. I should tell Harry too. Get him on my side so when Graysen tells the press what I said, Harry will defend me. I know! Its perfect! Harry asked me about Ireland too. I told him that we made love. I know! Well, duh, I can't tell him the truth that nothing actually happened because he was so drunk. Plus, he kept going on and on about that stupid American girl, Rowan. What kind of name is that anyways? Remember when I saw her and pretended I cared what she said? Ha, the press loved that. They made her look so evil. Anyways, I have got to run. Harry is waiting for me! I will call you tomorrow. Ta-ta."

I waited to exhale when I heard the bathroom door close. Without even thinking, I swung open the stall door and looked at my reflection. I knew what I had to do.

I spotted the back of Meredith's head and locked eyes with Harry. I put my finger up to my lips to keep him quiet. I couldn't imagine what was going through his head right now.

"Well, well, well what do we have here," I said, pulling up a chair. Harry watched me as I sat down and Meredith's mouth opened as her eyes turned to slits. If look could kill, I would be dead.

"Rowan, what a pleasant surprise. Why don't you join us in celebration? Harry has just asked me to be his girlfriend," she said as her disgusting fingers wrapped around Harry's hand. I saw Harry cringe a bit as I pulled out my phone. The waiter was at the table and poured the champagne into their glasses. He asked if I wanted one and I shook my head with a smile. I turned my attention back to Meredith.

"I'm good on all that. Hey, next time you go to the bathroom and you start spilling your secrets, be sure you are alone."

I hit play on my phone and her nasty, high pitched voice filled our ears replaying every last second of her bathroom confession. The anger I saw on Meredith's face was nothing short of a demonic possession. I reached over and grabbed her glass of champagne, took a sip, set it back down, then got up. Harry's jaw dropped as a smile spread across his beautiful face. He unhinged his hand from hers and looked over at Meredith with disgust. Finally. 

"My question, Mer, is how did you get Harry's shirt off?" 

"I-uh-" Her eyes were racing between mine and Harry's. 

"You know what, we got what we needed. No need to lie and don't even think about making ANYTHING up to ANYONE," I said to her, waving my phone in her face. 

"Goodbye, Meredith," Harry said.

"And please, get some medication," I said as Harry and I both got up. 

I turned and Harry was at my heels. I put my hand out for a cab and thankfully one stopped just as we saw Meredith trying to run after us. She was screaming so loud that I was certain only dogs could hear her now.