Childhood // Chapter 36

Eva immediately walks out when you arrive at her and your dad's house. "Hi thank you for helping us out." Eva says as she gets in the car. "Zoe is like my sister ofcourse I'll help you." You say as you give Eva your phone to look if Zoe's location changes on snap. You see that Eva has been crying. "Hey it's okay. We'll find her." You say squeezing her hand for a quick second. "I know. I'm just worried." Eva says. "I promise I'll find her." You say and continue driving.

Your close to the lake and see that you have to go through the woods to get to the lake. "I should have taken a knife with me or something. You never know what kind of people walk around here at night." Eva says closing the car door. "Don't worry." You say grabbing a bat from the trunk of your car. "Why do you have a bat in the trunk of your car?" Eva asks as you lock the car. "I don't know. For situations like this or a zombie apocalypse. Just to make sure that I'm prepared to defend myself if I have to." You say as you and Eva start walking into the woods. Eva jumps because of a noise. "Don't worry. You're safe with me. I have enough bottled up childhood trauma anger to beat someone up if I have to." You say as you reach a group of teenagers that are definitely smoking weed and doing drugs. You recognize one of the girls that Zoe has posted a lot of selfies with on instagram. "Hey. Do you know where Zoe is?" You ask the girl. "Who the hell are you?" She asks. "Oh wait. You're like her sister right?" She says clearly drunk. "Yes I am. Where is she?" You ask her and Eva already walks further into the woods to look for her. "I don't know. Probably over there." She says pointing behind her. You already spot Zoe and see that Eva already found her and run over to them. "Zoe I want you to come with me now!" Eva says angry. "No mom. I'm finally having fun." She says slurring her words. "Have you been drinking?!" Eva asks angry pulling Zoe up by her arm. "No and I'm not going with you. Bye mom." Zoe says wanting to run away with a boy. "Zoe come with me then." You say grabbing her by her arm, hoping that she'll listen to you. "No fuck you." Zoe screams at you and hits you to make you lose your hold of her arm. She quickly runs away towards the lake with the boy who looks like he is not the same age as Zoe at all. You sprint after them as they run into the lake and you get a hold of Zoe's shirt. "What the fuck!" Zoe yells as you pull her towards you. "Hey let her go!" He says pulling your arm of off Zoe's and pushing you into the water. You get up and punch the boy in the face with your fist. "Maybe you should go look for girls your own age and you are coming with me!" You say pulling Zoe out of the water. "Fine you already ruined everything anyway." Zoe says, while you pull her with you, not letting go of her arm. "What happened?" Eva asks seeing you all wet. "That idiot she was with pushed me in the water so I gave him a nose correction with my fist." You say as you get behind the wheel of your car.

"You're grounded for 2 months young lady. So no sleepovers or going somewhere with your friends for the next couple of weeks." Eva says angry. "That's so not fair. First you embarras me by making a scene in front of my friends and then (y/n) punches the cute boy in his face!" Zoe says angry. "Okay first of all he deserved that. Secondly, he gave you alcohol and he's to old for you." You say. "Pfff hear who's saying that. You literally fucked your teacher. What's your age difference again huh?" Zoe says. "That was a different situation" You reply. "Oh now you don't know what to say huh, because you know I'm right." Zoe says. "This is not about right or wrong. My relationship with Sarah is not the same as what happened tonight." You reply getting angry. "Yeah right. You know, just because you didn't have a fun childhood doesn't mean that I can't have one." Zoe says as you park the car in front of their house. "Hey don't talk to (y/n) like that!" Eva says. "Oh fuck of mom." Zoe says. "3 months grounded instead of 2." Eva says closing the car door. "No you can't do that." Zoe says. "Oh sure I can." Eva says as she walks into the house after Zoe does and you follow them inside. "I hate you! Sometimes I wish you were dead!" Zoe yells in anger. "Hey don't talk to your mother like that!" Your dad says and Zoe wants to walk up the stairs to her bedroom. "No you're coming with me first." You say taking Zoe with you. "Where are you taking her?" Your dad asks. "Don't worry we'll be back soon." You say walking out of the house and going back into your car with Zoe. "Where the fuck are you taking me?" Zoe asks. "You'll see." You reply.