Taking things slow? // Chapter 51

"Hey (y/n) I just wanted to talk to you about something real quick, before Bradley starts making things up again." Lana says with a chuckle, when you're both sitting behind your desks and Bradley is not there. "Sure what's up?" You ask looking over at Lana. "Well when you were talking about Sarah and you getting back together, Bradley thought he saw me not being happy about it. So he thought I might have been getting feelings for you, since we've gotten so close lately. But I just want you to know that I don't. I was just worried about you, because I don't want you to get hurt. I know you love Sarah, so I just hope that nothing like this will happen again to you. Because I know how much it hurt you and I don't want you to feel so miserable again." Lana says honestly. "You don't have to worry Lana. I know we are just good friends and nothing more. I just think it's very sweet that you're so worried about me, but you really don't have to be. I had a pretty good conversation with Sarah yesterday, which we didn't have in a while and I'm sure that me and Sarah will be fine together." You say with a soft smile. "Oh good. I guess I was also just a little scared that maybe Sarah wouldn't want us to be friends anymore, cause you told me how jealous she could be." Lana admits. "You don't have to worry about that. You're still my very good friend and Sarah knows we are just friends and nothing more." You say trying to comfort Lana...

Steve was going to pick up Tara from school today, so you could go straight from work to Sarah's place. You park the car in her driveway before going over to the door and ringing the bell. "I hope you're hungry, cause I already started cooking." Sarah said with a big grin after she had opened the door. "You know me. I'm always hungry. What are you making?" You ask her when you walk in the house and follow her into the kitchen. "I'm making a casserole." Sarah says with her back turned to you, putting the casserole in the oven. "Have you ever made a casserole before?" You ask, since Sarah doesn't really cook that much. You're mostly the one who cooks, because let's be honest Sarah is just not that good. "Don't worry. I'm sure I did it just like you always do it." Sarah says looking over at you with a small smile, knowing that it won't be as good as yours. "Okay baby. I trust you." You say, but a small chuckle escapes your lips. "Yeah right." Sarah says, while trying to look at you with a stern expression, but failing. You walk over to Sarah and wrap your arms around her from behind. "I think it's gonna be great. I'm just teasing you." You say pressing a kiss on her cheek and resting your head on her shoulder...

"Is it good?" Sarah asks after you took a bite. "It's great!" You say trying to fake smile, cause it doesn't taste good at all. "Really?" Sarah asks excitedly, before taking a bite of it as well. She looks over at you with a defeated expression, while chewing the food. "It's sweet that you're trying not to hurt my feelings, but this tastes like shit." Sarah says getting up from the chair and throwing the food in the bin. You bring your plate to the kitchen, so you can throw it away as well. Once you put the plate down you wrap your arms around Sarah and give her a kiss. "What do you say to pizza?" Sarah asks with a small smile. "Pizza sounds great." You say and walk to the freezer to pull out a pizza and put it in the oven. 

After dinner you're laying on the couch with Sarah resting on top of you. "Maybe you should cook tomorrow." Sarah says with a chuckle. "Alrighty... I love how you did your best on the casserole tho. Next time we'll just make it together." You say while stroking her hair. "Okay." She says with a cute smile when looking up at you, before kissing you. 

"I'd love to continue this." You say referring to the both of you kissing. "But I know you still need to grade some papers and I have to go home and take a shower, cause I was to lazy to do it this morning." You say with a chuckle. "Or you could shower here with me and stay the night." Sarah suggests with a big grin on her face. "That sounds really great, but whenever we're in the shower together something else happens and you won't ever get to grading those papers. So what do you say if I go shower and in the meanwhile you grade those papers and after we can do whatever we want to." You suggest with a small smirk. "Okay. I'm sure you still have some clothes of yourself here or you can just grab something from my closet." Sarah says smiling and pressing a quick kiss on your lips, before the both of you get up.