"What happened?" // Chapter 5

You get waken up by Sarah. "Hey wake up." She says shaking your arm. You groan, because you wanted to stay in bed. "What time is it?" You ask. "It's 7:30." Sarah says. "What!" you say jumping out of bed. "I need to wake up Tara and get her dressed and make her breakfast. I also need to help mom get out of bed." You say stressed. "Hey don't worry. I already did all of that. Tara is ready, your mom is downstairs. All you need to do is dress yourself." Sarah says with a smile. "Oh okay. You should have told me that first though, because I was stressing really bad." You say taking a breath. "Just take your time." Sarah says and then walks away. You walk over to your chair that always has a pile of clothes on it and take of your top and shorts, so that you're left in your panties. You take your red lace bra and put it on. "By the way (y/n), did you... oh crap sorry." Sarah says walking into your room all of a sudden, turning around seeing you in your underwear. You put on your favorite shirt with and black ripped jeans. "Are you done?" Sarah asks. "Yeah." you say a little embaressed, because Sarah saw you in your underwear. "Did you uhh... did you.. I totally forgot what I wanted to ask. If I remember I'll ask you later." Sarah says walking away. "Okay." You say...

At school you're sitting next to Tyler in music class. "So everybody, in a few weeks the school has organized a talent show, with gues what? A prize. So if you want to sign up, you can do that by asking me. Then I'll sign you up." Your music teacher says. "So are you gonna sign up?" Tyler asks you. "Yes I'm gonna do it after class." You reply. "Oh cool. Are you going to dance or sing or what?" He asks. "I'm gonna sing." You reply. "Cool." He replies...

Second period you had English class. You walk into the classroom and sit in the back with Tyler. Everybody sits down and Sarah starts the lesson. "Hi everybody. So today is the last day you can hand in your reading assignment. If you don't hand it in today, then you're going to get a 1 (which is the lowest).

After class you walk to Sarah, with Tyler walking behind you. "Here you go." You say with a smile. "Is there a reason you wanted to read the book 'Carol'?" Sarah asks. Tyler starts chuckling behind you. "Stop it." you say slapping his arm, trying to hold in your laugh. "Actually... uhm... many reasons." You say, trying to be calm and not laugh. "Can you name a few?" Sarah asks. "Well first of all it's a very good book." You say. "I need a better reason than that." Sarah says with a smile. "Because Cate Blanchett is on the cover." You say laughing. Sarah lets out a light chuckle. "Okay fine. You can go now. I was just teasing you." She says laughing...

In the last class of the day you didn't have anything else to do, so the teacher let everyone just go on their phones. Your mom texted you, so you replied back:

Mom❤: Hi honey. Sarah is already here and she picked up Tara on the way. So you don't have to do that anymore.

(Y/n): Ah okay. Have the new painkillers been working btw?❤

Mom❤: Yes. They're better then the first ones.

(Y/n): Okay that's good.💗

Mom❤: Well i'll see you later honey. Bye😘

(Y/n): byeee💖💕

"Hey I'm sorry I looked at your conversation with your mom, but is she okay? I mean you were asking about painkillers so." Tyler said. "Uh... well actually she has cancer." You say. "Oh I'm sorry I asked. Sorry I looked on your phone as well. Just sorry." Tyler said embarrassed. "It's okay, don't worry. You couldn't have known." You reply.

Once you come home after school, you immediately get attacked by Tara. "Hi!" She says excited, holding onto your leg. "Hey cutie." You reply picking her up and giving her kisses on her cheek...

After dinner you go and make some homework and then you go and give Tara a bath. After you washed her hair, She wanted to stay in a little longer. "Can't i stay in longer, please?" Tara asked. "Okay fine." You say splashing some water at her. She let out a chuckle and splashed a lot of water at you as well, then she started laughing. "Tara!" You say. "What you did it to." She said. "Because you are already wet and you don't have clothes on." You reply. "Sorry." She said. "It's okay." you say giving her the side eye and then laughing. After you dried her of with a towel, you take of your top since it was soaked. You didn't think Sarah was upstairs, so you walked through the hallway in your bra. You're almost in your room, until you walk against Sarah. "Oh sorry." You say. "No sorry, I wasn't looking out either." She says looking at you and your body. "Uhmm... I'll just go and get another top." you say turning around and into your room. "Hey what is that on your back?" Sarah asks. "What do you mean?" you ask. "This." She says walking towards you, touching the scar on your back. "Oh that's nothing." You say putting on your top. "It doesn't look like nothing. Have you been in an accident once?" Sarah asks. "Uh... I... uh...uhm" you get cut of by Tara calling your name. "Sorry I have to go to Tara." You say walking past Sarah. 

You open Tara's door and walk into her room. "What's wrong cutie?" you ask. "I can't sleep." Tara says. "And what do you want me to do about it?" You ask her. "Sing the song about the rainbow." Tara says. "Okay." you reply. "Can you come lay next to me?" Tara asks. "Sure sweetie." You say and start singing, while looking at your little sister. 

Ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dream of
Once in a lullaby

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
And the dreams that you dream of
Dreams really do come true

Someday, I wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
And the dreams that you dare to
Oh why, oh why can't I?

Tara already fell asleep so you stopped singing. You walked out of her room and went downstairs to help your mom get ready to go to bed. After you did that you waited until Sarah was done in the bathroom and then went in yourself to get ready for bed. When you brushed your teeth and put on your pyjama's you walked to your room. "Hey (Y/n) so you where going to tell me where you got that scar from. It doesn't look like nothing, it looks kind of serious." Sarah said, standing by your bedroom door. "It's uh... it... it happened when I was younger, like 10 or something." you say, trying to shrug it of. "What happened?" Sarah asks sitting next to you on your bed. "Well when my dad found out my mom filed for divorce he got very angry. My mom was not home at that moment, she went out for groceries. I saw the madness in his eyes when he got angry, so I went upstairs and locked the door. Everytime he got angry or stressed he would out it on me, hit me, kick me, hit me with his belt, throw things at me and say that I was a nothing or that I couldn't do anything. That day he was way worse. He knocked really loudly on my door. I remember him screaming that I had to open the door or else he'd hurt me, but I was to afraid. I grabbed my deodorant to spray it in his eyes, so I could get away from him, but I didn't get to use it. When he knocked down the door he ran straight towards me and hit me on my face. I still have a cut here, because of his ring." You say lifting up a strand of your hair. Sarah's eyes start tearing up hearing the story. "He started screaming at me. Things like: you're nothing, you were the biggest mistake I ever made, no one loves you and no one will ever love you. I kicked him, so I could try to get away, but he grabbed me and threw me on my bed. He took of his belt and started hitting me on my back, until I was bleeding. I heard the front door open and realised it was my mom, but I was in to much pain to move. My dad said to me: "Dont scream or I will kill you." It was either me getting hurt or my mom, so I did scream really loudly. My dad kept hitting me until I was bleeding everywhere. Luckily my mom heard me screaming. She grabbed a pan from the kitchen and walked upstairs to my room. She tried to hit him, but he was way stronger than my mom, so he took the pan from her and threw it across the room and started hitting her. I got so angry. I tried to forget my pain for a moment. I grabbed the pan and hit my dad on his head. I threw away the pan and started kicking him. I was so angry. Eventualy my mom took my hand and walked out of the house with me and called the cops. They took my dad away. He got 8 years. I was taken to the hospital, cause I was a complete mess. My whole body hurt for such a long time, but I survived." You say with tears in your eyes. "I'm so sorry." Sarah said holding your hands, while looking into your eyes. "So I had a pretty shitty childhood. I wanted to make Tara's childhood the best, but there isn't much I can do now that mom is sick and she isn't going to be better." You say looking down, crying. "Hey... look at me." Sarah says tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. "Tara and your mom adore you... and so do I. It's not your fault that your mom got sick. Tara knows that. She will always remember that you always were there for her even when it was tough for you. You are the most amazing person I know. I have never met anyone that has gone through so many things and still remained kind, caring, funny and so many other great things. Anybody  should be lucky to have you in their life. " Sarah says gazing into your eyes...

Ooh TBC😏😂 Haha sorry guys but I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as possible😊