I wish he was here // Chapter 28

Your P.O.V:

It's friday which means that it's prom time! You're getting ready and Laura is helping you. Bradley is waiting downstairs with Steve. Laura already helped you with your make up and hair, which she curled for you. "Oh my god you already look really beautiful. The last thing you have to do now is put on your dress." Laura says with a smile. She hands you the dress and turns around so you can change. "Can you help me with the zipper in the back?" You ask her when you put the dress on. "Sure honey." She replies turning around. "Uhm (y/n)?" Laura says. "Yeah." You respond, waiting for her to pull up the zipper. "I'm sorry to ask this. I'm just worried about you, but what happened that you got those scars on your right side. I know those are not from the shooting." Laura says pulling your zipper up and turning you around. "I'll maybe tell you one day, but I just had a rough childhood." You say. "Oh I'm sorry I asked." Laura says. "It's okay. Thank you for caring tho." You say giving her a hug. "No problem honey. Now lets's go downstairs and show how beautiful you look!" Laura says excited. You walk out of your room and towards the stairs. "I present to you. The  sweet, the funny, the beautiful (y/n) (y/l/n)" Laura says walking down the stairs before you do. Bradley and steve look up and you slowly walk down the stairs, since you don't want to trip on your dress. "Oh my god." Bradley says and nothing else. "Well do you like it?" You ask him. "I- I'm- yes I do. You already look beautiful in your sweatpants, but this is on another level." He says smiling. "Stop." you say hitting him playfully on his arm. "No just kidding continue." You say joking. "I agree with Bradley, you look really beautiful sweetie." Steve says giving you a hug. "Thank you." You say. "Guys it's picture time." Laura says. After you had taken like a hundred pictures, you post your favorites on insta. 

You and Bradley arrive and are supposed to be escorted to the room where prom is held by a teacher. Bradley gets escorted by your music teacher and ofcourse the teacher who would escort you had to be Sarah. "If you want someone else, which I would get,  you could just wait until another teacher comes back." Sarah suggests. "No it's fine. I mean it would be nice to share the last big thing of my school career with you." You say and take Sarah's arm. You don't know where this is coming from, but fuck it. You walk towards the entrance where they are taking pictures. You put your arm around Sarah's waist and she does the same to you. "You look beautiful by the way." Sarah says walking back to the other students after the picture was taken. "Thank you, so do you." You say and walk towards Bradley. "Was it awkward?" Bradley asks you. "No, not really. It was nice actually." You reply. "You're really confusing me right now." Bradley says with a chuckle. "I mean it was nice, because I probably won't see her anymore after this, so it was nice to share this last thing with her." You explain. "Oh yeah okay... Do you wanna join Jason and his friends over there?" Bradley asks. "Yeah sure." You say taking Bradley's hand and him leadig you through the crowd. "Wow (y/n) you look beautiful." Jason says. "Thank you. You look good to." You reply with a smile. "Thank you... To bad Bradley asked you first or I would have." Jason says with a smirk. You smile and hit him on his arm playfully. "What? You're a bad ass chick and you're sweet, funny and pretty cute." Jasons says smiling. "Well to bad she's gay huh? Believe me if she wasn't I wouldn't have just asked her to be my prom date." Bradley says. "He's right I'm pretty gay, but I don't mind the compliments so continue." You say joking. 

You all danced and talked the whole night. The last song they put on is 'The night we met' (the song above). "Oh my god I love this song." You say. "Well... can I have this dance then my lady?" Bradley asks with a grin, holding his hand out. "Ofcourse." You say holding his hand and following him to the dance floor. Bradley puts his hands on your waist and you put yours on his shoulder. "You know if Tyler were here, he would have probably made a joke that they put on a song that was used in '13 Reasons why'." You say with a chuckle. "Yeah he hated that show." Bradley says laughing. "How could they renew a shit show like this, instead of 'One day at a time'." Bradley said imitating Tyler. "He wasn't wrong tho." You say laughing. "Yeah... I wish he could have been here tho." Bradley says. "Me too." You say. "I don't know what I would have done if I lost you to." Bradley says. "Well lucky for you that I'm not that easy to get rid of." You say with a chuckle and Bradley laughs with you. "I don't know if you want to know, but Sarah has been looking at you all night. I don't think she's completely over you yet." Bradley says. "Well she made her decision and she didn't choose me, so there's not much I can do about that." You say. "True, but what if she broke up with that woman... would you take her back then?" Bradley asks. "I don't know. I can't deny that I still love her, but I don't want to be with someone who still has feelings for someone else. Maybe if we cross paths again and she's completely over Cherry I would give it a chance, but for now I don't know." You answer. You keep dancing and talking for a while until the song ends. 

You text Steve that it ended, so that he could pick you two up again, since he also gave you two a ride to prom. You waited outside for a couple of minutes and talked to some people from your class. You all took some cute pictures together, until Steve picked you two up. "Hey guys how was it?" He asked. "It was really fun." You both say in unison...

Sarah's P.O.V: 

I get home and I'm alone. Normally I don't like being alone, but now it was nice to have some time to think about everything. The problem is that I can only think about (y/n) right now. She looked so beautiful tonight. She always looks beautiful tho and she was so kind tonight. I mean she could've made a scene when I had to escort her, but she didn't instead she acted very mature and kind to me. All I want to do right now is talk to her. I know it's not a good idea, but I'm going to text her anyway. 

Sarah: Hey sorry to bother you again, but I just wanted to say that you looked really beautiful tonight and thank you for being so kind and mature towards me when I had to escort you.

(y/n): Thank you and why wouldn't I? I mean it's not like I hate you or anything.

Sarah: Well I would get it if you did. I guess I realised that I made a huge mistake letting you go.

(y/n): What about Cherry?

Sarah: She doesn't make me happy like you did. You always made me smile... I still love you and I can't stop thinking about you.

(y/n): Well you were able to stop thinking about me when you decided to get back together with her again. I didn't make that choice. You did. You chose her over me and there's nothing I can do about that. I still love you very much, but I don't want to be with someone who still has feelings for someone else. And also why are you still with her if you still love me?

Sarah: I just thought that we were really over and she texted me one day and I felt lonely and one thing led to another.

(y/n): But you shouldn't be with someone just because you're lonely. If you really loved Cherry you would stop thinking about me and the same goes the other way around.

Sarah: You're right. I shouldn't be with her just because I was lonely... Thanks for the talk. I hope I'll see you again one day. Bye

(y/n): No problem. Bye

Maybe she's right. I shouldn't be with Cherry if I don't really love her. Maybe it's better for me if I'm just by myself for a while...

Heey guys I hope y'all liked this chapter. I don't know when I'm able to finish the next one cause I'm going to have a lot of tests these next weeks, but I'll do my best <3