Hard to forget // Chapter 24

Today everybody is going back to school again after the shooting. Bradley was going to pick you up and drive to school together. "Hey are you ready to go back again?" Bradley asks. "I guess... what about you?" You ask him, while getting in the car. "I don't know. It'll feel weird without Tyler talking through every class and his weird jokes." Bradley says. "Yeah... I think a lot of other students will feel the same tho. I mean Sarah told me that 14 other students passed away and 9 were injured." You reply. "Yeah I heard... but wait... have you been talking more to Sarah again?" Bradley asks. "Yeah. I missed her, so I asked her to come over when Steve wasn't home. So please don't tell him anything" You say. "It's okay. I won't, but are you guys back together or what?" Bradley asks. "I wouldn't say that we're back together. I guess we're just dating... Why? Are you jealous?" You ask him jokingly. "Yes, I am so freaking jealous." He says with a chuckle...

Your third period was taught by Sarah and she asked you to stay behind after everyone was gone. "Hey how has your first day back been going?" Sarah asks. "I don't know. It's weird not having Tyler around me... but it's good to see you again." You say placing your hands on Sarah's waist and pulling her towards you for a kiss. "As much as I like this I don't think it's a good idea to do this in school." Sarah says with a chuckle. "Yeah you're right. I just can't help it, sorry." You say smiling and pulling away from her... 

~Time skip to Friday~

Sarah's class has just finished and like most days you stay behind for a while. "Hey I was wondering if you'd like it if I came to your house tonight." You say. "I would love to, but one of my friends has their birthday party tonight." Sarah replies. "Oh okay. Maybe another time then." You say with a smile and give her a kiss. "Weren't you supposed to go to your dad anyway?" Sarah asks. "Oh shit yeah. I don't know why I ever agreed to meeting his new family, but I guess I have to meet them someday." You say, not really wanting to go. "Hey if something doesn't feel right tonight or you just don't feel comfortable then call me, okay?" Sarah says hugging you. "Okay." You say...

You drove to your dad's place, walked to the front door and rang the bell. Your dad's girlfriend, you guess, opens the door. "Hi I'm (y/n)." You say extanding your hand. "Hello. I'm Eva. It's so nice to finally meet you." She says shaking your hand. "Nice to meet you to." You say while shaking her hand. "Hi sweetie. I see you've already met Eva. Come inside." Your dad says walking to the door. You walk in and your dad leads you to the living room, where your half sister is sitting. "Zoe? A hand?" Eva says hinting that she should shake your hand. "It's okay." You say to Eva. You walk towards the little girl, who seems to be not much older than Tara ( she's Eva's child not your father's). "Hi sweetheart. I'm (y/n). You can just give me a high five, because shaking hands is boring." You say squatting down, so that you don't seem like a giant in front of the kid. You hold up your hand and at first she hesitates, but then she slaps your hand. "Wow that was a good one!" You say and she smiles. "What where you doing?" You ask her. "Drawing." She replies. "Cool! What where you drawing?" You ask her while sitting next to her. "Minions." She says. "Oh my little sister loves minions. Have you seen the movies to?" You ask her. She nods her head.  "What do you want to drink?" Eva asks you. "Uhm... just some water please." You say. Your dad joins you and Zoe at the table. "So how was your first week back at school like?" Your dad asks. "Nick... maybe she doesn't want to talk about that." Eva says walking in with your drinks. "Oh no it's fine." You say with a smile. "It's not like it used to be and It's just pretty weird not having Tyler around me." You say.  "Was that your friend?" Eva asks. "Yeah he was my best friend." You say looking down. "Oh I'm sorry sweetie. I couldn't imagine the fear and pain it all caused. How have you been doing tho... since I heard what happened to you?" Eva asks. "I'm doing better. The first 2 weeks were tough, but I'm doing better now. I think loosing Tyler hurt more and you know... loosing mom a few months before that." You reply looking down. "I couldn't imagine how hard that must have been. You're one strong woman." Eva says. "Yeah... well I need to be there for my little sister so. She's the one that keeps me going." You say...