Flung out space // Chapter 41

You and Sam walk over to the chairs where your family is sitting, which is just next to one of the pools. Christina sees Sam smiling while he's talking to you, which she hasn't seen in a long time. Sam walks over to Bella and you walk to Christina. "I don't know what you did, but thank you." Christina says smiling. "No problem. He just needs to get used to all of this, so just give him some time." You say. Before you know it Tara is clinged to your leg. "Hey (y/n)! Do you want to go on the slide with me?" She asks after she just got out of the pool with Sarah. "Didn't Sarah go down the slide with you?" You ask, knowing that Sarah is to much of a scaredy cat. "No Sarah would like to live another day." Sarah says with a chuckle. 

You went down the slide a couple of times, once with Tara, then with Zoe and lastly with Bella. "That was so scary. I'm never doing that again." Bella says with a chuckle as you all walked back to where everyone was sitting. 

After you talked a while and ate some ice cream, you went into the pool again with the kids, Steve, Bradley and Ethan. After a couple of minutes you catch Sam staring at you guys. You climb out of the pool and walk towards Sam. "You don't have to be afraid you know. I mean I've been walking around like someone beat the shit out of me." You say pointing to the marks that Sarah left the other night. "And if someone does look at you and bothers you I'll kill them." You say with a chuckle, which makes Sam laugh too. "I don't know." Sam says. "Hey don't feel pressured or anything. It's up to you." You say kindly. "Okay fuck it! Should we jump in and make a big splash near Bella and Zoe?" Sam asks with a grin taking of his sweater. "I like the way you think. Come on." You say and grab his hand. You run to the pool and jump in near Bella and Zoe. "Hey!" You hear Zoe and Bella yell as you come back to the surface. You and Sam burst out in laughter and Bella and Zoe start splashing you. You all played some pool games, while the others were talking and tanning.

"She's really good with children isn't she." Christina says. "She really is. I remember when I used to see her pick up Tara at kindergarten and think she was her mother. Then she turned out to still be a child herself." Laura says. "She never really had a childhood that's why she just wants to make sure that all the kids around her do have one." Sarah says. "I do find it really cute to see that even though she's very mature, she still likes watching kids movies with Tara and James. She'll have her eyes locked on the screen and just be in her own little world.  Oh and how excited she gets when she sees something from Shrek or Toy Story. And don't even get me started on dinosaurs." Laura says with a chuckle. "Oh my god you have no idea how many times she has made me watch jurassic park with her." Sarah says laughing. "It's cute that she likes it so much tho. It's sad that her mom never saw her grow up to be such a wonderfull and strong woman." Laura says. "What about her real dad? Is he still in her life?" Christina asks. "Yeah he is. They're slowly trying to create a bond again, but she also said that it will probably never be a normal father daughter relationship." Sarah says. "I can't imagine how hard it is to not have one parent anymore and not really have a good relationship with the other." Christina says. "She does admit sometimes that it's difficult, but then she also says that she somehow still got to be lucky to have you guys in their life. She's really happy to have Bradley as her bestfriend, but she also thinks of you as a motherly figure." Sarah says to Laura. "And I'm really happy to be that for her. I really am gratefull for those little moments that we have, that sometimes only mothers and daughters share. Like when she started dating you again. She came over like she does almost every week and she had such a big smile plastered across her face. So you know I asked her what made her so happy and she told me that you two got back together again. I just was so happy for her, cause I know how much she loves you." Laura says which makes Sarah smile. "I really love her too. I always have. I guess I was just to stupid to realise it, but luckily I got to see her again a couple years later." Sarah says looking over at you in the pool having fun.