"It just warms my heart" // Chapter 2

You wake up and are happy that it's finally Saturday. One of the only days you can take it easy, cause then your stepdad takes care of your mom. You just have to take care of Tara and entertain her a bit.

After a few minutes you hear someone knocking on your bedroom door. "Yes?" You say. "Can I come in?" Tara asks. "Yes sweetie." You reply. She walks in and closes the door behind her. She jumps next to you on your bed. "Hey cutie." You say placing a kiss on her tiny nose. "So what do you want to do today?" You ask her. "Uhm... I don't know." Tara says. "Well we'll see what we're gonna do later." You reply. You get out of bed and change your clothes. Then you go to Tara's room to help her change her clothes. After that you go downstairs and eat some breakfast.

After breakfast. "Hey (y/n) could you please go and get some groceries today, cause we're out?" Your stepdad asks. "Uh yeah sure." You reply.

At the store you're walking through the last aisle with Tara. You're grabbing Tara's favorite cookies and then walk towards the long line at the cash register. All of a sudden you feel a tap on your shoulder. You turn around and see Miss Paulson. "Hi Miss Paulson." you say with a smile. "Hi girls." She says smiling. "Are you having a nice day out with your big sister?" Miss Paulson asks Tara. Tara nods shy. "She's a little shy." you say smiling, picking Tara up and giving her a peck on the cheek. "Is that the teacher you like so much?" Tara tries to ask you in whisper, but fails. "Uhm... yes, she's my favorite teacher." you say trying to save yourself from that. "Aw, well (y/n) is one of my favorite students also. You should be happy with such a nice big sister." Miss Paulson says to Tara...

The next day. You wake up and check your phone, all of a sudden you hear your stepdad shout your name from downstairs. "(y/n) could you come downstairs please? We need to talk about something." He shouted. "I'm coming." you shout back. You change into your normal clothes and walk down the stairs. When entering the living room you see Miss Paulson sitting on the couch. "Hi (y/n)." Miss Paulson says. "Hey Miss Paulson. What are you doing here?" You ask. "Well that's what we wated to talk about with you." your stepdad says. "Okay, what did you want to talk about then?" you ask. "Well since you told me how much you needed to do at home and barely had time for yourself. I thought why not help a bit. I mean I've known your mom for such a long time and we always got along very well, so I offered to help you guys out." Miss Paulson says. "Which we are very gratefull for, thank you." your mom says holding Miss Paulson's hand. "And.. uhm... I heard from my boss that we have to go to Chicago to present our new project, which will take a week or two. So Sarah was kind enough to offer help for those two weeks as well, which means she will sleep here, in the guest bedroom for that time." Your stepdad says. "Thank you Miss Paulson, that's very kind of you. I don't know how to thank you for this." you say with tears in your eyes...

The next day your stepdad brought your mom to the hospital and left to Chicago for 2 weeks. You brought Tara to kindergarten and then went to school yourself.

You're in your last class for the day, which is Miss Paulson's. before you walk out Miss Paulson stops you. "Hey (y/n), so you're gonna pick up Tara and then your mom right?" Miss Paulson asks. "Yeah." you reply. "Okay, so i'll go and get some of my stuff and then we'll be housemates for 2 weeks." Miss Paulson says with a smile. "Haha yeah. And I know I said it multiple times now, but thank you so much for helping us." you say looking into her eyes. "It's no problem at all, no need to thank me." She says smiling and giving you a hug...

You arrive at the kindergarten and walk inside to pick up Tara. Tara comes running towards you. You pick her up. "Hey little cutie." you say giving her kiss on the cheek. "Hi." she says smiling. "Did you have a fun day today?" you ask her. "Yes. I played with James." Tara says. "Ooh, who is james?" you ask putting her down. She points to this really cute boy. James sees Tara and walks to her. His mom follows him and shakes your hand. "It's so nice to finally meet Tara's mom. James has been talking about Tara for a while." James' mom says. "Oh I'm not her mom, just her sister." you reply. "Oh I'm sorry. I just assumed you were her mom, because you pick her up everyday. I should have known, you're way to young." James's mom says. "It's okay, you're not the first person to asumme it." you say reasuring her. Still everytime someone says this you feel weird. You are her sister, but you're doing things a mom should do and you're not a mom. This is probably even harder for your mom, she can't even help her little girl with growing up...

After you picked up your mom you go home and make some food. An hour later after you ate you hear the doorbell ring. "Ah that must be Miss Paulson." you open the door. "Hey." she says with a few bags in her hands. "Do you need some help with that?" you ask. "Yeah there's a big suitcase in my car. If you could get that, that'd be great." she says. you walk outside and get the suitcase.

"Should I show you the guest bedroom?" you ask. "Yeah sure." She replies. You walk up to the guest room with a big suitcase in your right hand. "Here it is." you say opening the door of the room. "If you need anything just knock on that door, I'm right across the hall from you so." You say with a smile. "I think I'll be fine, but thank you." Miss Paulson says...

You all sit together in the livingroom, talking and laughing at all the funny stories of your mom and Miss Paulson. "I gotta say, I know my mom was wild, but I never would have thought the same about you Miss Paulson." You say laughing. "Well i do have to get credit to your mom, cause she's the one who got me to do all of that. And you can call me Sarah when we're here." She says smiling. After a while you get to the topic of boyfriends and and you hear that you're mom had quite a few. "How about you Sarah? I bet you had a lot of girlfriends and boyfriends as well." you say. "Nope. In high school I was a total loser. Let's just say I can count them on one hand, so it's not that much." Sarah says. "How about now then, you got your eyes on someone?" your mom asks. "No, but let's talk about someone else. How about you, (y/n), you already have a boyfriend or girlfriend?" Sarah asks with a smirk. "Yeah do you?" you mom asks. "Well, I don't have a boyfriend, because I'm to gay for that. I also don't have a girlfriend, cause I'm not really interested in the girls my age. I'm more atracted to older women." you reply with a smile, while fidling with your hands. "Yeah believe me, I hear to much about Cate Blanchett and other actresses she likes." Your mom says. "Well let a girl dream." you reply laughing. after some more talking and laughing. "Guess what time it is?" you ask Tara. "Bedtime." you say. You walk upstairs with Tara and you help her put on her pyjama. You brush her teeth and walk to her room with her. You tuck her in. "Can you sing me to sleep?" tara asks. "ofcourse honey. What do you want me to sing?" you ask her. "The song from last time." She says. "okay." you reply

Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore trees
Dream a little dream of me

Say nighty-night and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me
While I'm alone and blue as can be
Dream a little dream of me

Stars fading but I linger on dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longing to linger till dawn dear
Just saying this

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me

After Tara fell asleep you went downstairs, but you were kinda getting tired yourself, so you helped your mom with getting her to bed with sarah. After that you went to the bathroom. After you brushed your teeth and washed your face you went to your bedroom. You changed into your pyjamas, which are just a tanktop and shorts. Then you heared someone knocking on your door. "Come in." You say. "I just wanted to say goodnight." Sarah says opening the door. "Goodnight Sarah and thank you again." You say giving her a hug...

Sarah's POV:
I'll just go and say goodnight to (y/n). She's such a beautiful person, the things she does for her mom and her little sister are just so sweet, I think while walking the stairs. I knock on (y/n)'s bedroom door. "Come in." I hear her say, so I open the door. "I just wanted to say goodnight." I say. "Goodnight Sarah and thank you again." She said. I see her in that tanktop and shorts and I get a little quiet, she has such a beautiful body. I'm not supposed to think this. She's still your student, but her embrace feels just so good and warm. And when I walk away and I see that smile on her face, it just warms my heart...

Hey guys sorry I haven't been updating for so long. It's cause I'm in a fucking stupid situation, but I'll still try to upload as much as I can. I hope you're liking this story so far💗