Worth the wait // chapter 32

You haven't been able to see Sarah for a couple of days due to your work. There was one important meeting after another, which you needed to attend. You wanted to see Sarah, but you were to tired after work and you also needed to take care of Tara. 

Sarah: Hey when can I see you again? I miss you 

(y/n): Hii  I'm free tonight. If that's okay with you?

Sarah: Ofcourse that's okay with me you weirdo. As long as I get to see you. 

(y/n): Okay then I'll see you tonight! 

Sarah: See you tonight 

Before you start cooking, Steve is about to tell you and Tara something. "So what is it that you wanted to talk about?" You ask him. "Okay uhmm... so I met someone a while ago and I started to have feelings for her. I thought I wasn't able to have feelings for someone anymore after your mother passed away, but I guess I was wrong. She's really kind, smart and pretty and I was wondering if you'd like to meet her today. Maybe she could stay for dinner." Steve says. You notice that Tara is a little shocked, but you're happy for Steve. "Ofcourse we'd like to meet her. Why don't you invite her over for dinner then I'll just cook for four." You say with a smile reasuring Steve that you're happy for him. "Yes I'll do that! But what about you Tara. How do you feel about it?" Steve asks. "Uhm.. I don't know." Tara says still not sure how to feel about this. "Hey honey I get that it's weird and you probably will find it weird for a while, but maybe she's a very cool lady, so lets give her a chance. Okay?" You ask Tara. "Okay." Tara replies. "Thank you." Steve says. "No problem. Now go and call her then I'll start cooking." You say walking to the kitchen. 

You just finished eating and you were talking with Christina, Steve's girlfriend. She seems very kind, eventhough you've only known her for an hour. Tara has been quiet the whole time and you get that. It's probably very weird for her.  

You've been talking for a while now. You look on your phone and see that Sarah texted you an hour ago. 

Sarah: hey are you still coming over or what?

(y/n): Hi sorry. Steve wanted to introduce his new girlfriend to us and I wasn't paying attention to the time. I'll be there in an hour.

Sarah: okay

You're about to leave until you hear Tara crying in her bedroom. You knock on her door and then open it. "Hey why are you crying sweetie?" You aks her. "Nothing leave me alone." Tara says, while laying on her bed. "It's okay you can tell me." You say walking over towards her. "I said to leave me alone!" Tara yells. "Hey you don't need to yell at me. I just wanted to help you." You say a little shocked. "You don't need to help me. Your not my mom." Tara says. "I know I'm not your mother, but I'm still your big sister. I've taken care of you since you where a baby and I missed a lot of my teen years taking care of you and mom, so a little respect would be nice, okay?" You say with a stern look. "I never asked for you to take care of me." Tara says. "You know what. We'll talk about this tomorrow, because you're clearly upset over something and don't know what you're saying." You say getting up. "Maybe I'm upset, because everyone leaves me. Mom left, dad has a new girlfriend who he's going to spend a lot of time with, you have Sarah and nobody will care about me anymore." Tara says crying. You sit on the edge of her bed and pull her close. "I care about you and Steve does to. Just because he has a girlfriend now doesn't mean that you won't get any attention from him anymore. And you know that you will always be the most important person in my life. I love you so much you have no idea and I will never leave you." You say to Tara. "I'm sorry for what I said. I just get really sad sometimes." Tara says holding you tighter. "I get it honey. It's not always easy, but whenever you feel sad I want you to know that you can always talk to me, okay?" you question Tara. "Okay." She says in between sniffles. "You want to watch a movie with me?  Or play a game?" You ask her. "Aren't you supposed to go to Sarah?" Tara asks. "Yes, but I want to stay with you tonight. I'm sure she'll understand." You say grabbing your phone to text Sarah, but Tara pulls it away from you. "Hey what are you doing?" You ask her. "Go to Sarah. It's okay, I'm tired anyway. Go have fun with your girlfriend." Tara says teasing you. "Oh shush. She's not my girlfriend, yet." You say and give Tara a kiss on her cheek before you leave.