Lana's dinner // Chapter 47

You're getting ready for the dinner, so you're trying to cover up that you've been crying. You haven't cried as much as you probably had to, because you didn't want anybody to see that something was wrong. So you're trying to keep it in until you're alone at night in your room, because that's what you've always done. You never wanted anyone to see you cry when you were younger, because it was scary to be vulnerable around people. But now you're just hiding it because you don't want to ruin the evening for anybody else. 

"Do I still have red eyes?" You ask Tara. "No not really. You look very pretty." Tara says. "Thank you honey." You say giving her a kiss on her head. "Can I wear the new dress?" Tara asks. "Ofcourse honey. You don't need to ask." You say with a chuckle and she runs upstairs to go and get her dress. 

"Does it look okay?" Tara asks coming down in her dress. "You look like you're ready for the red carpet. Cinderella would look like shit if she was standing next to you." You say and Tara laughs. "So you ready to go?" You ask Tara. "No wait! I made a drawing for Lana." She says running upstairs again.  

"When did you make that?" You ask her. "A couple days ago at school." Tara said as you were holding the drawing. She drew her and Lana playing games. "This looks really good! You really liked playing games with Lana huh?" You say. "Yeah! She's really nice and funny." Tara says. 

You arrive at the apartment building. "Remember what I told you to say." You say to Tara and she nods, so you click on Lana's apartment number. "Hello?" You hear Lana's voice say through the speaker. "Hello there. I'm looking for a lady with a killer smile." Tara says and you both start laughing. You hear Lana laugh over the speaker as well before she pushes a button to let you in. You walk up the stairs and Tara starts running to get to Lana's apartment. "Jeez slow down I'm not that young anymore." You say with a chuckle. Lana already opened the door and saw Tara running towards her so she kneels down to be at Tara's height. "Hey there girly!" She says as she hugs Tara. "Hi! I made something for you!" Tara says excited and looks back to see if you had already caught up with her. "God there are a lot of stairs." You say out of breath and hand Tara her drawing. "Here I made this for you!" Tara says handing Lana her drawing. "Wow! This looks amazing! Can I put it up somewhere? So I can see it everyday." Lana says smiling. "Yeah!" Tara replies. "Hey princess." You hear Bradley say from inside the apartment and Tara runs to him. "Hey I don't know what kind of spell you put on Tara, but she can't stop talking about you." You say with a chuckle. "No spell needed. I guess we're just besties." Lana says with a chuckle. "No but like she has been counting down the days to come here again." You say smiling. "Aww well I love having the both of you around. Where did you leave Sarah by the way?" Lana asks. "She wasn't feeling very well, so she decided to stay home." You say. "Aw I'm sorry. It would've been really nice to meet her." lana says and you both go inside. 

You walked into the livingroom and saw Tara already seated next to Bradley. "Hey why didn't you bring Sarah?" Ethan asks as you sit down next to him. "She wasn't feeling very well, so she stayed home." You say trying to not show any emotion, because Bradley could always tell when you were lying. He could also see if you had cried by small details on your face. "Aw that's to bad." Bradley says smiling softly at you, knowing that Sarah was not sick, but that you probably had another fight again. "Yeah... Do you need any help Lana?" You ask loudly since she was still in the kitchen. "Nope. No help." She says with a chuckle, since you've helped her a lot when she moved here. Lana walks in with bowls of food. "Oh my god that smells good!" You and Ethan both say in unison. "Thank you." She says smiling while carrying more food to the table. "I didn't know if you liked all this food. So I made something else incase you didn't like it." Lana says to Tara, putting a plate of chicken nuggets and fries in front of her. "I love you." Tara says jokingly, while looking at the chicken nuggets and everybody laughs. "Yeah uhm where are my chicken nuggets?" Bradley asks trying not to laugh. "Here have one." Tara says holding up a nugget, not realising that Bradley was just joking. "Aww that's very nice of you, but those are yours sweetie." Bradley says smiling at her.