"I love you mom"// Chapter 7

"Hey wake up honey." Sarah says trying to wake you up. "What's wrong? What time is it?" You mumble. "It's 8 A.M, but you need to come with me." Sarah says. "What? Why? It's Saturday, let me sleep." You say. "Your mom isn't feeling well." Sarah says. "I... I'm coming." you say getting out of bed and going over to your mothers room immediately. You walk inside her room and see her laying there on her bed, her skin really pale. Sarah was in the hallway calling your stepdad. "What's wrong mom?" You ask her. "I think it's time." She says. "What do you mean? You'll be alright." You say trying to reassure her, but mostly yourself. "No, I'm not going to be alright honey. I need to say some things to you first, incase that I go." Your mom says. "No you're not going yet. You can't go. I need you. Your my mom and I love you." You say. Your mom holds your hands. "You (y/n) are the strongest, sweetest, funniest and most caring girl that I know and you don't deserve all the things that happened to you. I'm sorry for everything I did wrong, I'm sorry for not giiving you enough attention or affection, I'm sorry for not standing up for you against your father and I'm mostly sorry for not being there for you. I love you and please promise me that you will take good care of Tara and also yourself." She says. "I promise and you were a great mom and I love you so so so much." You say. After a few minutes Sarah walks inside the room. "He will be here in a few hours." Sarah says to your mom. "Thank you." Your mom replies. "I'll leave you two alone for now." Sarah says. "No wait, could you please come here for a moment?" Your mom asks Sarah. "Sure, ofcourse." Sarah says walking over to the bed and sittting next to your mom. You walk out, because your mom wanted to speak to her alone. You were curious though, so you stood by the door holding your ear close. "I don't mind you and (y/n) being together and yes I know about the two of you. (y/n) has had a crush on you since she met you and that time you danced together kind of gave it away." Your mom says with a chuckle, which made you smile. "All I want to know is that you won't hurt her. She has had enough pain in her life. You know, since she met you she has been smiling again. Not that she never smiled before, but truly a happy smile and not just a fake one or one to make me or Tara happy. She also became very close to you, which she normally can't do with just someone. Can you just promise me that you will take care of her, please?" your mom asks. "Ofcourse I will. I promise you that I will take care of her." Sarah replies. "Thank you. I'm sorry that I didn't reach out to you before this." Your mom says. "I'm sorry as well." Sarah says. All of a sudden Tara walks out of her room. "Why are you standing at mommy's door?" Tara asks. "Shhh." You say, holding up a finger in front of your mouth. "Sorry." Tara says walking over to you. "It's okay. Let's go downstairs and make some food for you." You say...

After a while a doctor arives, which Sarah had also called. "Well I'm going to be honest with you. I could take you to the hospital so they can give you all sorts of medication, which will help you for a few days or you could just stay here for the time that you have and spend it with your family." The doctor says. "I would rather have the last one." Your mom admits...

You're sitting in your room, alone, until Sarah walks in after knocking. "It's okay to cry sweetie." Sarah says. "No, I need to stay strong for Tara ." You reply. "She might not understand right now, but she will eventually." Sarah says holding you in her embrace. "I just don't want to loose her." You say with tears streaming down your face...

"Steve (your stepdad) called and he said he woud be here in 10 minutes." You say. You also see your mom become weaker and paler, I think she might be waiting for us al to be together. "Hey mom do you remember everytime when I didn't feel so good you would hold me in your arms and I would get tired and eventually fall asleep, because I felt comfortable with you?" You ask her. "Yes I do honey." She says with her eyes getting teary. "Well now it's your turn to feel comfortable and go to sleep if you want to, eventhough I'd rather have you awake." You say holding your mom in your arms and her head on your shoulder. "What I'm trying to say is that it's okay to let go if you want to. I don't want you to be in pain." You say. "Thank you honey." Your mom says with a tear streaming down her cheek. You held your mom, even when your stepdad came and they talked for a while, because you didn't want to let her go. Eventually everybody entered the room. Everybody was sitting on the bed and you still held your mom in your arms. "There is one last thing I want to ask you." Your mom says. "Sure what is it?" you ask. "Do you remember that song from the sond of music 'Edelweiss'?" Your mom asks. "Yes I do." You reply. "My mom always sang me that before I went to sleep and I sang it for you when you were a baby. Would you want to sing it for me?" Your mom asks. "Ofcourse." You reply and immediately start singing:

Edelweiss Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white
Clean and bright
You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever

Your mom closes her eyes. You give her a kiss on her forehead and  continue singing with a tear going down your cheek.

Edelweiss Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white
Clean and bright
You look happy to meet me

Your mom falls deeper into your embrace...

Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever

You sang noticing she was already gone. You hold her closer to you. "I love you mom." You whisper into her ear, holding her lifeless body. "Goodnight mommy." You hear Tara say. You give your mom one last kiss on her cheek and walk over to Tara holding her hand. "Come on sweetie." You say walking away with Tara to your room. "Why are you crying?" Tara asks sitting on your lap, while you're sitting on your bed. "You w... won't understand honey. Can you just give me a big hug please?" You ask. Tara nods. You hold Tara close, not letting her go for a while. 

After your mom was picked up you went to your stepdad, who was also heartbroken. "I'm sorry Steve." You say. "Come here." He says, motioning for you to hive him a hug. "At least we were all there with her. What you did was very sweet." He said with a tears streaming down his face...

Your stepdad wanted to be alone for a while, so you offered to go upstairs with Tara and Sarah. Sarah and you sat next to eachother on your bed and Tara sat on your lap. "Where did mommy go?" Tara asked. "Mommy is in a better place now." You say. Sarah saw that you were getting teary again, so she held your hand. You looked up at her and put your head on her shoulder. "When is moomy going to come back?" Tara asked. "She isn't going to comeback, but one day you will go to the same place as her and then you will see her again." You say. "Are you and Sarah going there to one day?" Tara asked. "Yes, cause I'm not going to leave you two alone up there." You say...

Later at night you put Tara to bed and then go to your own bedroom. You crawl into bed and burst out in tears you cried for like half an hour with your hand covering your, trying not to let anyone hear you. Sarah did hear you and walked in. She climbed on the bed next to you and holds you in her embrace, her front to your back. A tear streams down Sarah's face, because she doesn't want you to be in pain. You turn around and push yourself closer to Sarah. "It's going to be alright someday." Sarah says giving you a kiss on your head...

Omg guys sorry this is so sad, but it's a part of the story so... I hope y'all  still like this story ! :)