Pictures // Chapter 52

~Time skip for 3 months~

You've been packing your stuff into boxes, so you could move into Sarah's house. Sarah and you both decided you'd spent the rest of the week with Tara before you move in. Not just because you know Tara is having a hard time with it, but also to show her that she is still your baby and you love her. 

"Are those your photo albums?" Tara asks pointing to the albums in the back of your closet. "Yess they are. You wanna take a look in them?" You ask and Tara nods. She sits down next to you as you open one of the albums. "Oh my god is that you?" Tara asks suprised pointig to your baby pictures. "Yep that's me." You say with a chuckle. "You were so cute. I mean you still are, just different" Tara says with a chuckle.

"Is that your dad?" Tara asks pointing to a picture where your dad was holding you when you were about two years old. "Yes. I should send this one to him, cause I think he doesn't have it." You say taking a picture of it with your phone and sending it to your dad. "We looked so happy there." You say looking at the rest of the pictures with your dad and mom on that page.  

After having seen one album you open another and with every age you see your smile becoming faker and more forced. There were no more pictures with your dad. "How hard did you fall when that picture was taken?" Tara asks laughing, while pointing at a picture where your arms and face are covered in bruises. "I don't know I fell all the time." You lie, still not wanting to explain to Tara that your dad caused your bruises. "What's wrong?" Tara asks when she sees you tearing up. "Nothing... Some pictures just bring back some memories." You say. "What memories?" Tara asks curious. "I think you're still a little to young for that. You won't understand right now." You say looking at a picture where you are wearing a t-shirt in a swimming pool, because you hated the way you looked and wanted to cover bruises on your body. "I'm not dumb. Just tell me." Tara says a little annoyed. "It took me a long time to understand things, so just let it go." You say with a stern look. "I'm sorry. I just want to understand why you're crying." Tara says looking down, not used to you being so secretive. "I was crying cause I was wearing a shirt in the pool, because I was insecure and hated the way I looked." You admit. "Are you still insecure?" Tara asks. "Sometimes, but not as bad as when I was younger... You and Sarah actually helped me with that a lot." You say. "You don't need to be insecure. I wish I looked like you." Tara says. "You're crazy. You have no idea how beautiful you are. You're the spitting image of mom when she was younger." You say with a smile. "Really?" Tara asks smiling and you nod...

You and Tara were having a Marvel movie night, since you're moving in with Sarah tomorrow. Luckily you already brought a lot of boxes to her house, so you'll have to drive less tomorrow. "Are you going to make Sarah watch all the Marvel movies?" Tara asks with a chuckle. "I don't know. I mean Marvel is our thing and I don't think she really likes those kind of movies." You say shrugging your shoulders. "Or are you just afraid she'll see you gay panicking over all the female characters?" Tara asks. "Yeah that as well." You reply laughing...

~Saturday~

"Are these the last of your boxes?" Sarah asks carrying boxes from your car inside the house. "Yep they are." You say closing the car and picking up another box, carrying it inside. "What's in them?" She asks curiously. "Old cd's, dvd's and photo albums." You reply, placing down the box. "Can I look through your albums?" Sarah asks sitting down on the couch where your boxes stand next to, happy that she can finally sit down with you after carrying boxes all day. "Sure. Do you want something to drink?" You ask already heading for the kitchen. "Yes some water would be nice." Sarah says. "Oh my god you were so cute!" You hear Sarah say from the living room. "Were?" You joke, walking in the room with her water. "You still are." Sarah says when you sit down next to her. "Hmm better." You say placing your head on her shoulder. "How old were you here?" Sarah asks pointing to a picture where you're in front of the tv watching Harry Potter. "Uhmm I think 5 or 6." You say looking at the picture. "You still have the same look in your eyes when you watch it now." Sarah says with a smile, admiring how mesmerized you were by the movie.