This isn't working // Chapter 25

You woke up to a few texts and missed calls from Sarah:

Sarah: Hey, I'm sorry I didn't reply. I may have gotton a little drunk last night.

Sarah: Are you okay tho?

Sarah: Did something go wrong at your dad's last night?

*missed call*

Sarah: Hellooo?

*missed call*

(y/n): I'm fine don't worry. 

Sarah: Thank god. You got me a little worried babe. 

(Y/n): Being around my dad just triggered some emotions, but Bradley came over so I talked about it with him. 

Sarah: Oh okay. Is he still there with you?

(y/n): Yeah he stayed over. Why?

Sarah: Nothing. 

(y/n): You can just tell me if it bothers you that he stayed over.

Sarah: It doesn't bother me. I just don't like it when the girl I love sleeps with someone else in her bed. 

(y/n): so it does bother you. 

(y/n): Maybe we should talk about this in person and not over the phone.

Sarah: Yeah that would be a better idea. 

(y/n): Do you want me to come to yours tonight?

Sarah: Yeah sure. 

"Is that Sarah?" Bradley asks. "Yeah. I think she's a little jealous." You reply. "Why?" He asks. "Because you stayed over." You reply and show him the texts. "You know I love you and that I want you to be happy, but what's going on between the two of you right now is not good." Bradley says. "I know... and I think she won't like hearing about the kiss I gave you last night either." You say sighing. "Are you going to tell her about that?" Bradley asks. "Yeah. You know I'm an honest person. I couldn't hide that from her." You say...

~Time skip to later in the day~

You arrive at Sarah's house and take a deep breath before you walk to the door. You get out of the car and ring the doorbell. Sarah opens the door. "Come in." She says holding the door open for you. This is going to be pretty awkward you think to yourself. "I'm just going straight to the point... Bradley stayed over, because I felt emotional after I left my dad's house. I wanted to come to you at first, but you weren't home and you didn't respond and then he texted me how it went. I told him I wasn't feeling very good so he came over and I don't know why I did it, but I kissed him... I guess it just happened in the moment, but I don't love him in that way." You say looking down. "You kissed him?" Sarah asks. "Yes." You reply still looking down. It gets quiet for a while. You see Sarah tearing up. You walk over to where she's sitting, which is at the kitchen table. "I'm sorry. It was just a kiss. It didn't mean anything." You say. "I guess it's just karma for what I've done, right?" Sarah says. "No, I'm not like that. I just wanted to be with someone at the moment. I wasn't feeling like myself... Maybe I should just stay away from you, until I sort everything out in my life, because this isn't working Sarah." You say. "You're right this isn't working... maybe you should go." Sarah says looking away from you. "Fine." You say and you walk away. You get in the car and let your head fall into your hands. Tears are streaming down your face...

When you've parked your car in the driveway you get out and walk into your house. You hang up your jacket and want to walk up to your room straight away, but Steve stops you. "Hey are you okay?" Steve asks. "Yes, I'm fine." You say walking upstairs. You just let yourself fall onto your bed and cry your eyes out. You hear someone coming up the stairs. It's probably Steve. He knocks on your door. "(y/n)? Are you sure your okay?" He asks. You don't reply, so he opens the door. "Hey sweetie what's wrong?" He asks worried and sits next to you on your bed. You just keep crying, because you can't manage to speak. "Hey come here." He says and he embraces you. "Tell me what's wrong please?" He asks. "It's- it's just- to much." You say inbetween stutters. "What is sweetie?" He asks. "E- Everything. I lost mom, I lost Tyler, then my dad just suddenly walks into my life again and then there's Sarah. I just don't know what to do anymore. I just keep losing everybody." You say while still bawling your eyes out. "Life hasn't treated you right kiddo, but I will always be here for you and so will Tara. We'll help you get through this. Okay?" He says. You nod. "Thank you." You say. "You don't have to say thank you, you weirdo." He says with a chuckle...

Sarah's P.O.V

"No, I'm not like that. I just wanted to be with someone at the moment. I wasn't feeling like myself... Maybe I should just stay away from you, until I sort everything out in my life, because this isn't working Sarah." She says. "You're right this isn't working... maybe you should go." I say out of frustration. "Fine." She says and walks away. I hear the door close and immediately feel like I screwed it up. Why did I tell her to go? If I never cheated on her in the first place, she would have still been here with me. Maybe it's better though if we don't be with each other for a while. I'll still see her at school though. Fuck, why is this so complicated? I never fell for someone as fast as I did for (y/n). She could just light up a room in a second. Her little quirks and her smile could make my whole day a lot better. It's not fair how I acted after everything she has been through. She lost her mom and bestfriend and got shot herself for god sake. Right now I just want to tell her that I'm sorry, but maybe it's better If I leave her alone for a while. 

I'm laying in bed and think of the good times we had together, like the first time we kissed or the first time we made love. The way she looked at me and touched me. Her skin on mine. The weird selfies she would send me, which would always make my day a lot better. The first thing I want to do when I unlock my phone is text her, but now I can't. I look through my pictures and look at the pictures she took with my phone or sent me or that I took of her. God I already miss her...

 ~Your P.O.V~

Tara comes up to your room and opens the door, but you're still crying and you don't want her to see you like this. "Sweetie please go downstairs. I don't want you to see me crying." You say. "What's wrong?" She says standing next to your bed. "Nothing sweetie." You reply. "Then why are you crying?" She asks. "I said it's nothing, just go." You say with a strict voice. "Sorry." She says and walks away. "Hey I'm sorry. Come here." You say hearing her sniffle. You hold up the covers for her to come join you. She climbs into your bed. "I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that. I'm just a little sad." You say holding her close to you. "Why are you sad?" She asks. "A lot has happened this year and it's just a little to much for me sometimes." You try to explain. "Do you mean mommy going away?" She asks. "Yes that's one of the things. Probably the worst one." You reply. "What are the other things?" She asks. "I don't think you'll understand everything sweetie. I'll explain it to you when you're older." You say. "Okay." She replies...

Heey guys sorry the story takes a dramatic turn again, but I couldn't help it :)) The story will probably have around 40 or more chapters, so I hope that that will make it a little better. <3