"You can call me" // Chapter 1

Hey guys this is gonne be a really dramatic fanfic, so be warned lol. (Also trigger warning, about health, cancer. Idk if everything is right in the story about the cancer, but i'm trying to do my best so.)

You're in your last year in high school, which is year 4.

Your last class for today is English, which is taught by Miss Paulson, your mentor (a teacher that helps a perticular class with stuff.) . She's your favorite teacher, cause she's really funny and kind. You've also known her for a couple of years now, cause she's been your English teacher since your first year in high school.

"Hey (y/n) could you wait a minute before you walk out please?" Miss Paulson asks you. "uh yeah sure." You reply. you wait until everyody left the classroom, including your bestfriend Shane. "What did you want to talk to me about?" You ask. "Well, I've been noticing that your grades haven't been that good lately. How come?" She asks. "I've just been really busy and i don't really have time to study that much." you reply. "Everybody uses that excuse sweetie. Is it because of your mom?" she asks. "I'm sorry i have to go and pick up Tara (your little sister, she's 5 years old) from kindergarten." you say and walk away. You didn't like to talk about your home situation, because it just sucks. Your dad used to hit you until your mom had enough and your parents got divorced. A few months after the divorce your mom met a really sweet guy, which she married and then your little sister Tara was born. After Tara turned 4, you found out that your mom had bone cancer. She got really tired and lost a lot of weight. Her bones could break very easily, so she had to sit in a wheelchair, also because she just couldn't walk anymore because of it. Your stepdad works a lot of the time to make sure that your mom gets good treatment and you have enough money to buy food... so you have to take care of Tara most of the time, clean the house and take care of your mom as well, when's she's not in the hospital.

You picked up Tara and went straight to the hospital to pick up your mom as well. You walk to the room your mom is in. "Hello cuties." your mom says. "Hi mommy." Tara says running towards your mom and hugging her. "Hey mom." you say also giving her a hug. "Oh btw I have news." your mom says. "What's the news?" you ask your mom while picking her up out of the chair she was in, to place her in the weelchair to take her home. "Well, next week I'll finally have the surgery and if it goes according to plan I will be cancer free." your mom says smiling. "Oh my god mom! That's the best fucking news ever!" you say giving her a hug.

When you arrive back home you take care of your mom and then do some chores. A few hours later it's already 7 PM. You start cooking, cause your stepdad will be home around 7:30 PM. He's always home late from work and he works very hard for your family. He has been more of a father to you then your actual dad and he is so kind with your mother, Tara and you. It's to bad that he has to work so hard, cause you'd rather see him more often, but there's not much you can do about it.

After dinner and some talking it's 8 PM, so it's time to give Tara her bath eventhough you are so tired you feel like your gonna faint. "Come here sweetie." you say to Tara. "But i don't want a bath." She says crossing her arms. "Well I don't want to give you one either, but i still have to so come here." You say. When she's finally in the bath, you're washing her hair. "Why can't mommy do it?" Tara asks. "Because she just can't at the moment." you reply. "Yeah but why not?" tara asks. "She just can't okay. Just stop asking questions about it please." you say with teary eyes, cause you're tired and you don't know how to explain to Tara, that your mom is really sick. You pick her up out of the bath and grab a towel to dry her her. "Okay, sorry." Tara says looki. ng down. "It's okay." You say with a tear rolling down your cheek. Tara hugs you, which made your clothes wet as well. Then she wipes away your tear, which made you even more emotional. "Come on let's bring you to bed." you say to Tara and you pick her up and bring her to bed. You still had to finish some homework and then you finally went to bed, at 12 PM.

The next day you were in class, Music, which is your favorite. All of a sudden there is a knock on the door, it's Miss paulson. Your music teacher walks towards Miss Paulson and they discuss something in the hallway. "Uh (y/n) could you come with me for a moment?" Miss paulson asks you. "Yeah sure." you say. you walk towards the door and Miss paulson closes the door. "What's wrong?" You ask, while walking to Miss Paulsons classroom. "I wanted to talk to you about yesterday. Why you just left when i asked about your mom." Miss paulson says. "Well what do you want to hear me say about it. That my mom is sick and I have to take care of her and Tara, cause my stepdad is working most of the time to make sure that we have enough money to buy food and clothes. That I barely have any time for myself. That I barely get any sleep. That my grades are bad, because of it. That my life is just shit. Is that what you want to hear?" I ask with tears streaming down my eyes. Miss paulson hugs you tight. "Why didn't you tell me before? I could've taken it into account." Miss Paulson says. "I'm not really somebody who asks for help, cause no one listens to me anyway." You say. "Hey, i do." Miss paulson says. "Can I just go please. No one can do anything about it anyway. The cancer can't just go away." You say. "It can when she has the surgery for it. Do you finally know when she'll have it?"Miss Paulson asks. "Yes, next week." You reply. "I'm sure she'll be fine. Your mom is a strong woman, she has been since she was young."Miss Paulson says. (She and your mom go way back. They were always nice to each other like friends, just not close. The friend that you talk to once in a while.) "I know, but you can just see that she's in a lot of pain and that just hurts me a lot." you say. "you know what, if you dont mind I could tell the other teachers that they should take it into account to. Then maybe your grades will be a bit better, then there's atleast one thing solved." Miss paulson says. "Yeah that'd be nice." you say. "And if there's ever something wrong or you just need to talk, You can call me okay." she says giving you a paper with her phone number on it. "Thank you." you say. "No problem honey." She says. "Well, I'll better go back to Music." You say. "Isn't that class already done?" Miss Paulson asks. "Yes, but i still have to perform a song for a grade and I'd rather do it now, cause I'm really nervous to do it and then it will be over with." You say.

"The stage is yours (y/n). Goodluck." Your music teacher said. "Thank you." you say very nervous. You sang one of your favroite songs 'I will always love you' by Whitney Houston. "Wow (y/n) that was amazing. Don't tell anyone yet, but i'm giving you an A+." Your music teacher said. "Really?" You ask. "yes ofcourse." your teacher says. "Thank you so much." you say...

I hope you guys liked the first chapter eventhough it's not really a happy one. I know this is my second fanfic and i haven't even finished my first one, but this idea came to my mind. So i thought why not publish it already. I'll try to update as much as possible, but i can't promise anything.