good or bad news? // Chapter 27

Your P.O.V:

You wake up, because 3 crazy people jump onto your bed and on top of you. "What the fuck!" You yell. "Suprise!" Bradley, James and Tara yell. They all give you a big hug. "God you could have given me a heart attack. You're lucky I love you or I would've beat your ass." You say to Bradley. "We love you too. Don't we?" Bradley asks the kids. "Yes!" They both yell still hugging you. "What are you guys doing here?" You ask. "Well remember that we were going shopping for a prom dress for you?" Bradley asks. "Yeah." You reply. "Well my mom wanted to join, because she always wanted to do girly things with her children, but she got boys who didn't want that, so now we're both stuck with her. Oh and james and Steve and Tara are joining to." He says. "Okay." You reply with a chuckle. "Well then come and get changed." Bradley says. "Maybe you should get off me first then." You say. "Oh yeah that's a good idea. Hey guys why don't you go downstairs already." Bradley says to James and Tara and they do so. "Hello what about you?" You ask him with a chuckle. "What about me? I thought I'd just sit here and watch the show." He says laughing. "Oh fuck off." You say slapping his arm. "Hey! ... (y/n)?" He questions. "Yes." You reply. "Why are your eyes so red? Did you cry?" He asks. "Yes." You say and explain everything, while changing or you'll still be here at midnight. "I'm sorry babe." Bradley says. "You know I thought I'd stop thinking about her after a couple of months, but I still think about her. I still have feelings for her, but she doesn't for me." You say. "She just doesn't know what she's missing babe." He says hugging you...

While you're walking through the mall you're talking to Laura, since she's walking beside you and Bradley is talking to Steve. "You know Bradley has been dying to tell you something, but I told him I wanted to tell or wel ask you, since you've always been so kind to Bradley, james and me and well just because you deserve it. The company I work for was looking to hire some new younger people and they are offering jobs that come with a free study, so you can climb up the ladder when you're older and more experienced... So I may have been able to arrange to give one to Bradley and you. Only if you want it though." Laura says. "Oh my god yes. Ofcourse I do. I don't know how I could thank you for this." You say giving her a hug. "You don't have to sweetheart. I already like doing this today. I always wanted to do those mother daughter things. Not that I don't like doing this with Bradley or james, but it's nice to do these kinds of things for once." She says with a chuckle. "Then I'm happy enought to do that with you." You say with a smile. 

You went through 4 shops already, but didn't find anything, because you're really picky. You went into a nice store with Laura and Steve and the kids, because you wanted the dress to be a suprise for Bradley since you where going to prom with him.  You saw a beautiful red dress (like the picture above) and wanted to try it on. It was just on your price range. "So what do you think?" You ask when you opened the curtain from the changing room. "Oh my god it's so beautiful." Laura says. "I agree with Laura it's really beautiful. You look just like your mother." Steve says with a smile. "No I'll never be as beautiful as mom. I wish she could've been here tho." You say with a weak smile. "I'm sure she would have been really proud of her little girl, who has now turned into a beautiful young woman." Laura says holding your hands. "Thank you." You say. "Do you guys like it?" You ask Tara and James. "Yes!" James yells. "You're really pretty." Tara says. "Thank you cuties." You reply. 

~Time skip to thursday, the day before prom~

You and Bradley are impatiently waiting to get your call to hear if you graduated or not. After 10 minutes Steve and Laura were also getting impatient. "Imagine how hard it is for us." Bradley says joking and not even a minute later his phone rings. He picks up and the first thing you hear is: "Oh my god! Really? Thank you. (y/n) is also here if you , so you don't have to call her also. I'll give her my phone." Bradley says to Sarah on the phone, since she's your and Bradley's mentor she is the one giving everybody in your class the good or bad news. "Hey." You say. "Hi (y/n). I won't let you wait any longer since I know how impatient you are." Sarah says. "I know, just tell me." You say. "You passed all the exams with a perfect score." Sarah says. "Omg I did? Fuck yeah!" You yell. "Glad to hear your happy. Now I have to go, cause I need to call 12 more students." Sarah says. "Okay good luck. Oh and uhm thank you." You say. "No problem ." She says and hangs up. "We fucking did it!" You yell and hug Bradley. 

Later at night you get a call from Sarah. "Hey I forgot to congratulate you on passing your exams, so congratulations. I don't know if it matters to you, but I'm proud of you." Sarah says. "Thank you." You reply. "So are you ready for Prom tomorrow?" Sarah asks. "Yeah, but not to be rude or anything, I think it's better if we don't talk anymore or at least for a while. It just really messes with my head. I mean I thought I was slowly getting over you, but I guess I'm not. And it just hurts me to talk to you and know that I'm not the one you come home to everyday... I just want my life to become a little more positive for me and I can't do that if I keep thinking about you. I wish you everything good in the world and I hope you are happy, even if that isn't with me." You say with a tear rolling down your cheek. It really broke your heart, knowing that you'll never have a conversation with Sarah like you used to, kiss her, hug her, touch her or just be with her. "I'm sorry for treating you the way that I did. I really fucked everything up, didn't I?" She questions. "I wouldn't say that. It's just... you let me go and moved on with your life. I guess it just takes me a little longer to do that, but talking to you doesn't help me moving on." You reply. "I get that. I guess it's just weird for me not to talk to you anymore, cause I could talk about anything with you. You were always the one who got my stupid jokes." Sarah says with a chuckle. "Yeah, but you're with Cherry now and not me... I have to go now Sarah, cause Tara is calling my name. I'll see you tomorrow." You say wiping away your tears, while lying about Tara calling your name. "See you tomorrow, bye." She says...

Sarah's P.O.V:

God why does she still have to be so nice. It would be a lot easier if she wasn't as nice. Maybe I should try to avoid her tomorrow, cause I don't want to ruin her prom. She's probably going with Bradley. I don't know why I always got so jealous when he was around her. (y/n) doesn't like men. They're just really good, close friends. At least he's always trying to make her happy, that was something I wasn't able to do. All of a sudden Cherry comes walking down the stairs. "With who can you talk about anything? (y/n)?" Cherry asks. "Yes, I'm sorry." Sarah says. "Do you still love her?" Cherry asks. "I- I don't know." I reply. "Do you really think you have a future with that girl? She's 20 years younger than you. You're probably her first love and those relationships never go the long run Sarah. Do you think she'll still like you in 5 years? I'm going home. You better decide who you really want to be with soon or you'll end up without either of us." Cherry says slamming the door behind her. Maybe she's right, maybe I don't have a bright future with (y/n)...

Heey guys I hope you liked this chapter! I'm trying to write as much as I can, since I had a week of from school. I'll be really busy the next few weeks tho, so I'm already trying to write up to chapter 30 so I still have something to upload for the next month :))