I can't lose you// Chapter 20

(this could be a trigger warning for some people, because it involves a shooting)

You're sitting in your classroom with Tyler and Bradley behind you and everybody has been a little quiet after everyone heard the knews about those boys being beaten up. So monday wasn't really a productive day at school, but Tuesday is a day you'll never forget. 

The bell rang and your 4th class was done. Everybody starts walking out of the classroom and all of a sudden someone starts speaking over the school speakers. "This is for all of you." Someone said and then a song starts being played over the speakers. (start the song above) Everybody got a little confused, but still walked out of the classroom into the hallway. "What the fuck is this?" Someone asks. Then all of sudden you hear loud bangs. They sound like gunshots and they're being followed by screams. "Where those gunshots?" Tyler asks. "I don't know." You say. Then people start running down the stairs towards the schools exit. Everybody is getting pushed around and you loose your sight of Tyler and Bradley. The boys restroom isn't that far down from the hall, so you run towards it. You bump into Jason and you both start running towards the boy's restroom. When you turn the corner where the restroom is you see that it's closed and Jason starts kicking it, but nobody is opening it. "Open the fucking door." Jason screams. Just when they're about to open the door the boy with the gun turns around the corner and aims at Jason. "Jason watch out." You say covering him and you get hit in your side. The kids inside the restroom open the door. You push Jason inside and before you know it you get hit again, once in your shoulder and once in your stomache. You didn't feel it right away, because of the adrenaline, but after a few seconds you did feel it. You fall into the restroom and Jason closes the door and locks it. "Fuck. (y/n)? (y/n) stay with me okay." Jason says sitting down next to you trying to stop the bleeding. "Why didn't you open the door earlier you fucking idiots? If you opened it earlier she wouldn't have been shot!" Jason yells at the kids. "It's okay. Don't yell at them, they're scared to." You try to say. "It's not okay. Someone shot you and you're losing a lot of blood." Jason says. You all of a sudden start hearing a lot of sirens. "They're coming to help us okay. Stay with me pls." Jason says trying to keep you awake. "(y/n) don't close your eyes!" Jason says in panic. You don't know what happened after you closed your eyes, because everything turned black and the last thing you heard was that song playing in the background.

Bradley's POV:

"Tyler please don't leave me." I say holding him in my arms, sitting on the ground with some kids in a classroom. "Please stay awake. I love you." I say. "I love you to." Tyler says. I have never been more scared in my entire life. I couldn't lose Tyler and I don't know where (y/n) is either...

Steve's POV:

I was working and one of my coworkers walks up to me. "Doesn't your kid go to (y/schools/n)?" She asks. I nod yes. "I just heard on the news that there's a school shooting." She says. I drop everything and run to my car. I drive as fast as I can and I put the radio on for any new news. "The police and ambulances are on their way. When I arrive at the school I can't find (y/n) in the crowd. A lot of ambulances are already filled with students that got hurt, but I can't find (y/n) anywhere. A lot of parent's are trying to get inside the building, but the police won't let them. Everybody is waiting unpatiently for their kids to come outside. There are parent's screaming, because they just saw their child's lifeless body being carried out. All I coud do was hope that my girl didn't get hurt. All of a sudden I see Bradley walking out of the building holding someone in his arms. The people from the ambulance take the person out of his arms. I run straight towards him. He's crying and totally freaking out. "Where is (y/n)?" I ask him. "I don't know we got split up." He says walking towards the ambulance where Tyler is taken to. It felt like hours when it was only just 10 minutes that I was waiting for (y/n) to walk out and be completely fine, but then I saw a boy walk outside carrying a girl with (y/h/c) hair. As I got closer I saw that it was (y/n). I have never ran so fast in my life. When I saw the boy holding her lifeless body it was like my heart skipped a few beats. He carried her to an ambulance and they put her on a branchard. "let me through that's my daughter." I yell and push everyone out of the way. "Sir I need you to calm down." One of the people from the ambulance said. "Calm down? She's been shot for gods sake. I say, but take a step back so that they can help her. "What happened?" I ask the boy who carried her. "We wanted to hide in the boys restroom and she pushed me in and right when she was about to walk in the shooter walked around the corner and hit her." Jason explains...

I rode in the ambulance with (y/n) to the hospital, praying that she would be okay...

Bradley's POV:

I was waiting outside the surgery room, because they were treating Tyler.I already called his parents and they were on their way. But then I saw them bring (y/n) in a room as well. "What happened?" I ask her stepfather. He tells me what Jason just told him and we both wait for as long as we have to. I don't even know how much time has past, but Tyler's parents arrive just when a doctor walks out of his room. "Are you his parents?" The doctor asks. "I'm sorry to tell you this, but your son didn't make it." The doctor says. His parents burst out in tears and his mother falls into his dad's arms. It felt like my heart had broke in two when I heard the news. My friend was gone. The boy that I had grown to have feelings for passed away. All I could do was cry and feel pain. "Come here." Tyler's mother says to Bradley, hugging him since she knew that Tyler had feelings for him as well and knowing how happy he made Tyler. "I tried to protect him, but I couldn't." I say inbetween stutters...

After a long time of waiting a doctor walks out of (y/n)'s room. "Are you her father?" The doctor asks Steve. "I'm her stepfather and legal guardian." He replies. "She's stable, but hasn't woken up yet. If you want to you can come in and be with her." The doctor says and Steve walks towards the room immediately. "Can I come in as well?" I ask the doctor. "Only family members can see her now, sorry." The doctor says. I still wait though, because she might wake up later. My mom starts calling me. "Where are you? Are you hurt?" She asks panicked. "I'm in the hospital waiting for (y/n)." I say. "I'll be there right away." She says hanging up. After a few minutes she arrived. "Oh thank god you're okay." She says hugging me tight. "How is (y/n)?" She asks. "Uhm she's stable, but hasn't woken up yet. She lost a lot of blood." I reply. "How about Tyler?" She asks. "Uhm.. he- he didn't make it." I say bursting out in tears. "Ow sweetheart." she says hugging me again. "I loved him mom." I say. "I know honey." She says. "No mom. I loved him, not just like a friend, but more." I admit. "Oh I uh- I didn't know you're... uhh." she says. "I found out recently that I'm bisexual. (y/n) has been helping me through it. I can't lose her either." I say. "It's okay baby." She says. "Can you please not tell dad yet tho?" I ask her. "Yes ofcourse. You need to do that yourself." She says. Steve comes walking out the room. "Hi. Could I maybe ask you for a favor?" He asks. "Yes ofcourse." I reply. "Could you maybe stay with her, while I pick up Tara? I'm sure Tara would never forgive me if she wasn't here and (y/n) wouldn't wake up." Steve asks. "I could pick her up and bring her here. I need to pick up James anyway." Mom offers. "Oh that would be really nice. Thank you. I get why (y/n) always talk so highly of you two." Steve says. "Well she's a sweet and wonderfull girl and also very strong. She'll get through this." My mom says...

~Time skip to the next morning~

Your POV:

You're slowly waking up, but your eyes aren't opening yet. You hear voices around you. Two of them sound like Bradley and Tara. "Is she going away like mommy?" Tara asks Bradley. "No she wouldn't leave you sweetie and she's a really strong girl." Bradley says. "Like a superhero?" She asks. "well yeah. Why don't you think of a fun superhero name for her for when she wakes up." Bradley says. You felt that Bradley was holding your hand. You trying to move your hand, but it's taking you a lot of energy but eventually it starts moving. Your eyes start to slowly open. "(y/n)?" Bradley says when he feels your hand moving. "Where am I?" You mumble. "In the hospital. Oh my god I need to get Steve. "Wait. Are you okay?" You ask Bradley. "Yes, you don't need to worry about me." Bradley says. All of a sudden Steve walks into the rom with 2 coffee's. "Oh my (y/n) you're awake. You had me so worried." Steve says walking over to you. "Well it takes a lot to put me down, apparently." You say with a chuckle. "Yeah like a superhero." Tara says. "Where is Tyler tho? Is he okay?" You ask not knowing what happened. "Uhmm... uhhh.. Tyler...he passed away." Bradley says with his eyes tearing up. "What?" I say. "He got shot, because he tried to protect me and he died later in the hospital." Bradley says with tears streaming down his face. "No... no, he can't be gone. Did they give me something? This can't be true." You say thinking that you're maybe high on medication. "No babe. He's gone." Bradley says. You start to cry. You just lost your best friend. "He can't be gone." You stutter, while crying. bradley holds your hand with his and you cry together. While crying you thought of all the fun times you had with Tyler and how he would always make you feel better. You really loved and cared about him, you never could imagine living without him. But now you had to live without him...

HI guys this was a really dramatic chapter. I hope you still liked it tho. I mean I tried my best and I may have shed some tears writing this. <3