You never listened // Chapter 15

Your alarm goes of and you get up from bed. You put on some clothes and go to the bathroom. You look in the mirror and you see that your eyes are all red from crying. "Well no make-up is able to cover that up." You think to yourself. You wake Tara up and give her breakfast. After you both got ready, you went to the car and dropped Tara of at kindergarten and then drove to school yourself.

You walk into class and see Tyler and Bradley sitting next to eachother, so you go and sit behind them. "Hey guys." You say. "Hey." Tyler and Bradley say in unison. "Have you been crying babe? Your eyes are all red." Tyler asks. "Yeah..." you say looking down. "Why did you cry?" Bradley asks, putting his hand on yours. "I broke up with my girlfriend." You reply. Then the teacher all of a sudden starts his class. "Everybody quiet please." The teacher yells through the room. "I'm sorry." Bradley whispers turning around. "I'm sorry. Love you babe." Tyler mouths, squeezing your hand, then turns around as well. 

When the class was over Tyler, Bradley and you walk to your next class. "Why did you break up?" Tyler asks. "She cheated on me." You say trying to hold in your tears. "Well then she doesn't deserve you." Bradley says grabbing your hand...

You walk out of your last class with Bradley and Tyler. You walk towards your locker, which is close to tyler's. "God I'm happy I didn't bump into her today." You say to Tyler. "Omg yeah I was wondering how you would handle her still being your teacher. It's probably going to be awkward for a while now." Tyler says. "Yeah thanks for the reminder asshole." You say slapping his arm.

You go to pick up Tara. She walks out of the room with her Teacher holding something. "Hey sweetie." You say picking up Tara as she comes running towards you. "Hi (y/n). How are doing?" The teacher asks you. "Well... I'm fine." You reply. "I had the class and Tara make something for on your mother's grave. I hope you like it." She says handing you a big wooden heart with drawings and their names on it. "I love it. Thank you." You say getting a little teary. "You know I really admire you for your strength and kindness (y/n). You're a wonderfull human being and one day you'll be rewarded for it, I'm sure." Tara's teacher says. "Thank you." You reply with a smile.

You and Tara are on the way to the graveyard, which is weirdly enough very close to the mall. You and Tara get out of the car and walk towards your mother's grave. "Do you think mommy will like the heart?" Tara asks. "Yes ofcourse. It's beautiful." You say with a smile. You arrive at your mother's grave and you squat down to place the heart against the stone. "Here mom. Tara and her class made this heart for you...because you had the biggest heart out of everybody." You say getting teary. You hold Tara's hand and pull her towards you. You hug her from behind. Do you want to say somthing to mommy as well?" You ask her. "Can she hear me then?" Tara asks. "I don't know honey, but we can always try." You say. "Okay... Uhmm... I miss you mommy. I like it when (y/n) gives me a bath or brings me to bed, but I miss you doing it. I want you to come back." Tara says crying. You start crying to when you hear Tara speak and see her eyes getting watery. Tara turns around and you open your arms for her. "Come here baby." You say hugging her. "(Y/n)?" Someone yells, but you don't know who. You look around and see a family standing across the street and the man waves. You don't recognise the person, because you can't see them very well since they're across the street from the graveyard. "Who is that?" Tara asks. "I don't know sweetie." You say. "Are we going home?" She asks. "Yeah sure." You say walking away towards the car while holding Tara's hand. The man of the family is walking towards you at a high speed and the woman and child wait for him at the other side of the road. Once he is only a few feet away you recognise the man. Your heart starts to beat really fast and it's like an explosion of emotions going though your body. You start walking to your car as fast as you can. "(y/n) please wait." He says running towards you. "I'm sorry." He yells. You open the right car door so Tara can go in. "(y/n) wait please." He says. "If you come any closer I'll hurt you and I'm not afraid to do so." You say. "Okay and I get that. I just thought I'd never see you again." He says. "I hoped to never see you again either. What do you want anyway?" You ask. "I don't know. I thought I'd just have the time to talk to my daughter and apologise for everything I've done." He says. "Do you really expect me to stand here and listen to your bullshit after everything you've done. You never listened to me either. You never listened to me when I told you to stop hurting me, because you were hitting me. You never listened when you were kicking me. You never listened when I was screaming in pain. You never heard me crying myself to sleep every night, because my dad never loved me, because he hit me or because he made me hate myself. You never listened to me, so why would should I waste time on you." You say crying. "I know I should have never done those things. I got treatment for my alcohol and anger issues and when I finally realised what I had done to you and your mother I started hating myself as well. I despised myself and I realised that I lost the most important people in my life." He says. "Well then it's a good thing you already found a new family." You say looking across the street to the woman and child. "I know I don't deserve them either, but I'm lucky enough that they gave me a chance to show that I'm a better man now. I hope I can show you that too, because I never stopped thinking or caring about you. You're still my daughter, so please will you give me a chance?" He asks you. "No dad. I can't. You already made me fucked up. I can't have you screwing up my mind anymore. I need to be there for my little sister right now. I don't need you fucking up my life more than it already is." You reply. "I know I don't deserve it but please think about it. Here you have my number and please tell your mom I'm sorry for everything I've done." He says handing you a not with his number on it. "Why don't you go tell her yourself. Her grave is right there." You say pointing towards the graveyard. "What do you mean?" He asks confused. "She died of cancer... If you really care about me just leave me alone please." You say getting teary and getting in your car. "Who was that?" Tara asks. "Nobody honey. Let's go home now." You reply.

Later that evening you're getting into bed and you feel really bad and lonely. Like why can't anything go right in your life. At this point you started missing Sarah holding you when you didn't feel good and talking to you. You know you'd regret this later, but you still did it. You sent Sarah a text:

(y/n): are you still awake?

You get an immediate reply:

Sarah: Yes. I'm so sorry (y/n) I really love you and I guess I didn't realise it after I lost you.

(y/n): Can you come over please... I need you here right now.

Sarah: I'll be there right away. 

After 10 minutes Sarah was there. You open the door in your pyjamas. Sarah immediately embraces you. "I'm sorry (y/n). I love you so much." She says. "This doesn't mean everything is alright between us. I just needed you here, because of what happened today." You say. You both sit down and you explain what happened with your dad. Sarah hugs you when she sees that you're about to cry. "Can you stay here tonight?" You ask her. "Ofcourse. Whatever you want." She says. 

You give her an oversized shirt to wear in bed. There are so many emotions going through you right now and so many thoughts. Normally you always said that if someone cheated on you, you'd leave them, but you never thought you'd care about and love someone so much. When Sarah got into bed you snuggled up to her right away. You know this isn't the right thing to do, but you were to emotional to really think about it anyway. You look into sarah's eyes and then look at her lips, which you're about to kiss. "(y/n) are you sure you want to do this?" Sarah asks. "No, but I don't really care right now." You say kissing her. Her soft lips touch yours slowly, but longingly. After a while you both fall asleep. You in Sarah's embrace. This is not how you thought your day was going to be...

Heeey guys sorry I didn't upload for such a long time and sorry for the dramatic stuff again :) lol. I hope you still liked it tho <3