He's gone // Chapter 21

Sarah's POV: 

It's tuesday evening, after the shooting happened. The first thing I did was text (y/n), but she didn't respond. So then I called her multiple times, but she again didn't answer. I was starting to get a little panicked, because something may have happened to her. I decided to call Steve and he did answer. "Hi Steve it's Sarah. Is (y/n) okay?" I ask him. "Actually she's in the hospital. She got shot a number of times." Steve says. "I'll be there right away." I reply. "Sarah-." Steve wanted to say something, but I already hung up the phone and started walking to my car. Steve called me again and I picked up the phone. "Hi Sarah. (y/n) told me about what's been going on between you two and that you broke up last Saturday. I don't know if it's a good idea that you're coming to see her. That might be too stressfull for her and she can't take that right now." Steve says. "I get that, but I just want to be there for her." I say. "And I get that, but I just want some peace for her right now. She doesn't deserve all of this and everything that happened to her. If she asks for you when she wakes up then I'll let you know, okay?" Steve asks. "Okay." I reply...

Your POV:

You just heard that your best friend died. "I just can't believe he's gone." You say to Bradley. "Me neither." Bradley says. "Wait. Steve did you hear something from Sarah?" You ask him when you all of a sudden think about her. "Yes she called me asking about you, but I told her to wait until you woke up so that you can decide if you want to talk to her. I just thought that, because of what you told me Saturday." Steve says. "It's okay. It's a different situation now. Could you call her for me tho and ask if she wants to visit?" You ask him. Steve called her and she left her house right away. After a couple of minutes she arrived and knocked on the door. "I think that's Sarah. we'll go wait outside." Steve says giving you some privacy with Sarah and he walks out of the room with Bradley and Tara. "God I was so worried about you." Sarah says walking over to you and gives you a kiss. She sits down next to your bed. "What happened?" Sarah asks me. You explain her what happened. "Did a lot of people get hurt?" You ask her. "Yes, but I don't know the exact number." Sarah says. "Did they catch the shooters?" You ask her. "Yes they did. They were the boys that were beaten up after the halloween party at school." Sarah says. "You know I could understand that they wanted to hurt their bullies, but they hurt so many innocent people, including Tyler." You say tearing up. "Is he also in the hospital?" Sarah asks. "He uh... he died. I didn't believe it when I first heard it, but he's gone" You say crying. "I'm so sorry honey." She says holding your hand. "I uhh Sarah... I just want to get it out of the way right now. I love you and we can still talk to eachother, but we're not together again just because this happened. I can't forget about what happened. Maybe later on I can, but not right now. I don't mind talking to eachother, but nothing more." You say. "It's okay. I get it. I fucked it up and it will be something I will always regret doing...

~Time skip to thursday~

It's Thursday and you just heard that Tyler's funeral would be held next week and his parents wanted to come over and talk to you and Bradley about it. But somewhere around 10 AM your dad knocked on the door. "Come in." Steve says not knowing who is standing behind the door. "Hello. I heard what happened. God I'm happy your still here." He says walking towards you. "(y/n) doesn't want to see you. I'd leave if I were you." Steve says. "It's okay Steve. He can have 10 minutes. Not more. Could you maybe leave us to talk alone?" You ask Steve. "Are you sure?" Steve asks. "Yeah I am." You reply. Steve walks out of the room with Tara and Bradley. "What do you want?" You ask him. "I just wanted to know if you were okay. I saw what happened on the news and they showed some pictures of the victems and who got hurt and then I saw your face on the pictures." He says. "Oh don't act like you care. You never cared about me. You would've been happy 10 years ago if I died." You say. "No I wouldn't." He says. "Well it sure seemed like it." You say. "I know I was a bad father and I know that now. I just want to be here for you while I still can." He says. "But I don't need you. I needed you when I was a kid. I needed you when I started hating myself, because of you. I never had a childhood, so please don't ruin the rest of my life." You say. "I'm sorry (y/n), but you're still my daughter that I love." He says. "You know I'd love to have my real dad care about me, but do you really think I could forgive for what you've done? Steve has been more of a father to me than you've ever been. I just don't know what you expect from me." You say. "I don't expect anything all I wanted was to be a part of your life again." He says tearing up. "Really? Are you going to cry? That's fucking pathetic. You know how many times I cried, because my dad didn't love me. Because I didn't seem the point to live anymore. When my mother died and now my bestfriend." You say. "(y/n) I'm really sorry and I get it if you don't want to see me ever again. I just want to let you know that I love you and that you'll always be my little girl." He says. "I want to talk to you and maybe at some point visit sometime, but you can't expect from me to act like nothing ever happened." You say. "Would you really?" He asks. "I said maybe... So how is your new girlfriend and my half sister?" You ask him. "She's really nice and Zoe is a really sweet kid. They'd love to meet you sometime." He says. "Did you tell them what happened?" You ask him. "After she saw you I told her everything and she was mad for a long time, but she gave me a chance to show that I'm a different man now." He replies. "Well she's to good for you then." You say with a chuckle. "I know... That boy that was in the room earlier. Is that your boyfriend?" He asks. "No, I'm into girls." You say. "Oh sorry I didn't know that." He says. "Well then now you do." You reply. "I guess I'll leave you to it then." He says. "Yeah... It's good to see that you've changed tho... Bye dad." You say. "Bye sweetheart." He says walking out the room. "Thannk you for taking care of her when I didn't." Your dad says to Steve. "She's a wonderfull girl and she never deserved that." Steve says and then follows Bradley into your room.

A while later Tyler's parents knock on your door. "Hi (y/n)." Tyler's mom says giving you a hug and then sitting next to you. "Hi Mr and Mrs Reyes. I'm really sorry about what happened." You say. "We are to." Tyler's father says and Tyler's mom starts tearing up, but tries to keep it in. "It's okay Mrs Reyes. It's not nothing that's happened." You say holding her hand. "You can call me Lisa sweetie." She says."I know I have only seen you for the second time now, but I get why Tyler liked you. You're a very sweet girl (y/n)." Mr Reyes says. "Thank you Mr Reyes." You say. "Call me David." He says. "So we came along so you and Bradley could maybe help us with Tyler's funeral. You both were really important to Tyler. You must know what he liked and maybe have some pictures together that we could show at the memorial. We could also play his favourite songs." Tyler's  mom says. "Yeah we do. I'm sure we have some fun videos as well. He was always a lot of fun to be around." Bradley says. "Do you have some on your phone that you could show us? We only have a lot of pictures from when he was younger, but not from the last couple of years." His mom says. "Yes. Wait you can sit here." You say scooting over in the bed, so Tyler's mom could sit next to you. "Ah fuck... Oh sorry." You say hurting yourself. "Oh watch out sweetheart. I don't want you to hurt yourself more." Tyler's mom says. "It'sokay. I'm alright." You say grabbing your phone. "This was the first picture we took together." You say showing it. You show all of the other pictures and also the funny ones. "Oh yeah this was when we stayed over at Bradley's." You say getting teared up at seeing the picture where Tyler was holding you when you were sleeping. "Oh that's very sweet. He loved you guys a lot you know." Tyler's mom says. "And we loved him to." You say. "Here I have a video of you two singing." Bradley says handing his mom the phone. "Oh yeah we were singing 'Joane' because we both love Lady Gaga. We sang this after my mom passed away. " You say. Tyler's mom starts playing the video and inbetween you can hear Bradley, Tyler's mom and dad sniffing and then you can't keep it in either. Tyler's mom hugs you. "Would you maybe like to sing that at his memorial? I'm sure he would've liked that." Tyler's dad asks after the video was done. "Uhm yes. If you'd like that." You say. "I'd love that." Tyler's mom says. "Then I'll do it." You say. "Are you allowed to come to the funeral? Did you ask your doctor?" Tyler's mom asks. "I asked and he said that I needed to be really carefull tho and if I wasn't able to walk as good, I could lend a wheelchair." you say. "Okay... Could you maybe send me all of your pictures of Tyler?" Tyler's mom asks. "Yes ofcourse." You reply. "I also wanted to ask the both of you something else. Would you maybe want  say something about Tyler at his memorial. I mean you were his best friends after all." Tyler's mom asks. "Yes ofcourse." Bradley and you both say...

After Tyler's parents left Steve went to get some coffee and someting to drink for Tara. "You know before he closed his eyes I told him I loved him and he said it back." Bradley says and he starts crying. "Come here." You say also bursting in tears. "I never got the chance to be with him." Bradley says and you just hold him tight. "I'm sure he loved you a lot babe." You say. "Yes, but he's gone now. I just can't imagine not seeing him again." Bradley says. "Me neither." You say...

Hi everybody I hope you're still liking this story so far, eventhough it's very sad most of the time. I'm sorry for not putting Sarah in the last chapter, but I just wanted to make it about you and Tyler.