Her mom // Chapter 42

"(y/n)?" Sarah says soflty as you're both still dancing slowly to the song. "Yeah." You reply with your head resting on her shoulder. "I wondered how you felt about coming to live with me, cause I'd love to come home to you everyday... and Tara can always stay over whenever she wants to." Sarah says nervously. You pull back to look at her and smile. "I'd love to come live with you." You answer still smiling, caressing Sarah's cheeks and leaning in to kiss her. "Really?" Sarah asks and you nod with a grin plastered on your face. Your lips connected as you held eachother close. You both started to get a little touchy as the kissing progressed. "Maybe we shouldn't do that here where everyone can see us." You say with a chuckle. "Let's go to the car then." Sarah says grinning. 

You both get in the car and Sarah immediately starts kissing you. As you climb on top of Sarah you accidentally bump against the wheel, creating a loud honking sound, which scares you both. "Damn that's loud." You say laughing. "You're gonna give me a heart attack one day." Sarah says still a little shocked by the loud sound. "Sorry." You reply grinning. "You know I read somewhere that kissing makes you relax."You say looking into her beautiful dark eyes. "Maybe you should help me relax then." Sarah says leaning in and you press your lips together. Sarah's hands are slowly going down your hips as she traces her tongue against your lips. "I think we should go to the house, cause we won't have enough space in the car." Sarah says inbetween kisses. "I wanna cross car sex of my list tho." You say with a chuckle. "Oh we will one day. Just not tonight, because I want to see, touch and kiss every inch of your body tonight." Sarah says trailing her hands softly across your hips, making you shiver. "Well let's go to the house then Miss Paulson." You say smirking. 

While you're driving back to the house Sarah traces her hand up and down your thigh. "Are you blushing?" Sarah asks as she sees your cheeks becoming slightly red. "Nope." You say grinning, but clearly being affected by Sarah's hand gliding up and down your thigh. "Yeah right." Sarah replies teasing you. 

Sarah parks the car next to the house and you both walk to the front door. "Do you think Tara and James are already sleeping inside, cause then we have to be quiet." You say holding Sarah from behind as she pushes the key in the lock. "I don't know. Let's just hope everyone is still at the party." Sarah says opening the door and you both get inside. She turns around to face you and gently pushes you against the wall. Sarah's lips collide with yours at a perfect rhythm, slowly but passionately. Her tongue tracing your bottom lip asking for entrance, which you ofcourse grant her. Your hand entangling in her hair and the other one placed on her back to pull her closer. But then you both hear someone at the front door, so you both pull away just as they open the door. "Hey cutie was the party fun?" You ask but Tara walks straight past you, towards her room. "Did I do something wrong?" You ask turning to Laura. "She says she's just tired, but Bradley may have slipped that Sarah was going to ask you to come live with her." Laura replies and you take a deep breath. "Well I was gonna have that conversation with her sooner or later, so I'm just gonna get it over with." You say and walk to Tara's room. 

"Tara can I come in?" You ask standing by the closed door. You get no answer, so you just open the door. "Go away!" Tara yells. "No." You say calmly. "Leave me alone!" She yells. "No, we're gonna talk whether you like it or not." You say closing the door behind you. Tara turns her back to you. "Just go." She says inbetween sniffles. "Tara I know that you're sad and angry. Just talk to me please." You say sitting on the bed next to her. "Just go to Sarah. You love her more than me anyway." Tara says crying. Your heart broke a little, hearing her voice break as she's crying. "You know that's not true." You reply. "It is true! You're leaving me alone to go and live with Sarah." Tara says angry. "I'm not leaving you. Yes, I'm going to live with Sarah, but I would never leave you. You're my everything." You say. "Not anymore apparently." Tara replies still crying. "You will always be my everything and no one will ever come between that." You say and try to give her a hug, but she pushes you away. "No!" She yells at you and your eyes start tearing up. "You don't love me anymore, because you are leaving me! And if you move out we won't have any sleepovers anymore. You're not gonna help me with my homework anymore. We're not gonna play games together anymore." Tara says inbetween sobs. "Baby just because I'm going to live with Sarah doesn't mean that you're never going to see me again. I'm still going to sleepover every once in a while or you will come to me and Sarah... And I will always help you with anything." You say, while a tear slips down your cheek. "But I'm going to be home alone everyday, because dad is busy with work and now also with Christina... and you are going to live with Sarah.  You will have someone to talk to everyday and I will be alone! And you can't leave me alone! You've cared for me since I can remember and I get that you want to have your own life too. And that you want to be happy with Sarah... But what about me! I don't want you to leave me and forget about me! I don't want you to stop taking care of me, because all I've ever known is you taking care of me! I don't want you to leave me! You can't leave me, because- because you are my mom!" Tara says completely breaking down. At this point all the tears that you've been keeping in have already escaped your eyes.  Tara looks up at you and sees you crying. Tara has never seen you cry, because you never wanted her to see you cry. She slowly scooches over to you and hugs you. "I'm sorry. I just don't want you to forget me." Tara says hugging you and crying onto your shoulder. "I could never forget you. You're my reason to get up everyday. I have never loved anyone as much as you." You say crying. "Promise me that you will at least call me when you can't visit me." Tara says. "I'm still going to pick you up from school whenever I can and you can stay with me and Sarah whenever you want. I'm still going to be there for you everyday and if there's ever a day that I can't, I promise that I will call you. Just like you are used to me being around I'm used to taking care of you to. It's what kept me going for all these years." You say stroking Tara's hair. "I'm sorry for yelling at you." Tara says. "Don't be. You were sad and angry and you needed to let that out. Don't apolagise for showing your feelings to me." You say and hold Tara for a little while. "Let's go brush your teeth and put on your pyjamas." You say.

You helped her put on her pyjamas and brush her teeth. "Let me show you how much I love you." You say picking her up and walk to back door, which leads to a small backyard with a few chairs and a table. Sarah and Laura were sitting outside as well. "I'll leave you guys to it." Laura says going back to the party. You sit down on one of the chairs next to Sarah. "You know I would never keep (y/n) from you right? You can always stay over at our house and we will have many game nights and I'll buy you lots of candy." Sarah says with a smile. "Do you promise?" Tara asks. "I promise." Sarah says holding her little hand. "You know what. I'll give you two some alone time right now." Sarah says and she goes inside. 

"Tonight Sarah told me about the moment she realized she fell in love with me... It was after mom passed away and we were sitting in the garden, stargazing. I was singing you to sleep, but I didn't bring you to bed immediately after you had fallen asleep. I looked at you for a long time and I actually always have been doing that. Because after you were born I finally had a reason to get up in the morning. And you made me feel loved whenever you were comfortable enough to fall asleep in my arms or hug me. And when I look at you I feel nothing else but love and happiness... So tonight I'm going to hold you and look at you, like I wil do for many more years to come. Even when you're way to old and big for me to pick you up." You say with a chuckle, which causes Tara to smile as well. "I love you." Tara says resting her head on your chest. "I love you too." You say pressing a kiss on her forehead, while softly stroking her hair. 

After you tucked Tara in her bed you went to your bedroom were Sarah was. "Sorry if tonight didn't go as you planned... But in my defence I did offer to have sex in the car." You say as a joke, trying not to get emotional again. "You don't have to hide your feelings for me honey. Talk to me." Sarah says walking towards you. Her hands cup your cheeks as she presses a light kiss on your lips. "Lets sit down." Sarah says sitting down on the bed and pulling you on her lap. "I just don't like seeing her so upset or afraid of me to leave her... You know there's not a manual that tells you how to raise a child. Nobody ever taught me how to do it." You say trying not to cry again. "That responsibility shouldn't have been on you at that age, because you were still a child yourself. But somehow you did it and I'm so proud of you for it and I'm sure your mom would be to. She's growing up to be a strong, kind and smart girl and that's all thanks to you. So don't doubt yourself, because you're doing amazing." Sarah says looking up at you. "Thank you." You say staring out in front of you. "Is there anything else you want to get of your chest?" Sarah asks and you start crying. "She called me her mom." You say breaking down. "Why does that make you cry so hard sweetie?" Sarah asks genuinely. "Because I've always seen her as my little sister and she is slowly forgetting our mom over the years. And somehow I never saw myself as her mom, because I saw our mom giving birth to her. But tonight she made me realise that I'm all she's ever known and I've always cared for her like she was my own child. So even though I didn't give birth to her... I- I'm her mom." You say crying. "And you are the best mom she could have wished for." Sarah says wiping your tears away and giving you a small peck. "You do realise that you are like the, well not evil, but 'older' stepmother to her right." You say with a chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. "You just can't help it and cope with jokes, can't you?" Sarah says rolling her eyes and grinning. "Just blame it on me being another generation." You reply laughing. 

"Are you tired? Do you want to go to sleep?" Sarah asks. "No, I just want to stay like this for a little while." You say stradling Sarah. "And kiss you, because I love you very much." You say staring at her eyes and give her a kiss. "I love you too darling." Sarah says and leans in for a longer kiss...

Heey guys I kinda feel like I'm writing a therapy session every chapter hahah, so sorry about that. :)) I also wrote in an earlier chapter that this fanfic was gonna have about 40 chapters (I guess I was wrong about that haha, cause I'm not close to being done) I already have an idea for a new fanfic, but I won't start that one untill I have finished this one. I hope y'all are still liking this story so far tho!! <3