Lupin (Chapter One Draft) (OCxRAB)

He'd arrived in the family room of my home no less than fifteen minutes ago, and to say I'm livid would be the understatement of the century. I'd known after Sirius was disowned things at home had been much harder for Reg, but I just hadn't realize the full extent of his troubles. How dare that woman? How dare she use unforgivables against her children? Torture is not a disciplinary punishment, and to think it is one would have to be absolutely mad. No matter how angry I am at Walburga Black, I am even more cross with her eldest son. How could he leave Reg to face that alone? He knew that as soon as he left all pressure would fall on Regulus, without him there to act as the heir to the Black fortune it all fell to Reggie. The expectations to be perfect, to join the dark lord- the punishments for refusal... how could he  just leave him behind like that? In all the years I've known Sirius Black, never would I have thought he could truly do something so evil. I'd never do it to Remus, where he goes I go, it doesn't matter if we're not in the same house at school... we're still siblings at the end of the day.

"I'm going to get Remus, I'll be back in a moment, Mum!" I call, entering my bedroom to find my Mum working diligently over an unconscious Regulus, her efforts an attempt to ensure he would have no lasting damage from his torture at Grimmauld Place. "He should be awake soon, hurry, Accalia." I don't even bother putting on my shoes as I race into the family room and straight for the floo. Black better hope I can find my brother before I come across him because I'm not sure I'll be able to contain my anger without Remus to act as my voice of reason... not that Remus particularly cares what I do anymore. He hasn't since I got sorted into Slytherin first year, and here lately he's started pretending like I'm no better than the rest of my housemates. Like I'm nothing more than a little Death Eater in training, but he's wrong. He's let his friends poison him against me, Sirius in particular, and it's about time all four of them learned their lesson... shame it'll have to be at my hands.

Grabbing a handful of floo powder I toss it into the flames and make sure I say my destination clear through my anger, emotionally distraught or not I don't want to end up in the wrong family room. "Potter Manor!" The moment the flames turn green I step into them and feel myself being pulled through the floo network, the flames spitting me out arse first onto the floor of the Potters sitting room only moments after they'd engulfed me. Standing, I make to straighten my pajamas, only to stop when a throat is cleared somewhere to the right of me. "Miss Lupin! To what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?" The moment the welcoming voice of James's mother washes over me it's as it the dam holding me together breaks and tears begin rapidly pooling in my eyes. "Remus! Please, I need Remus." My appearance must clearly convey the urgency of the situation at hand because in a flash Mrs Potter is calling for an elf to go fetch my brother, wrapping her arms around me and pulling me to her chest the moment the creature disappears with a pop. She leads me to sit next to her on the loveseat, and from floor above us I can hear the frantic footsteps of several people rushing through the hall.

Remus is the first to reach the sitting room, his appearance quite disheveled as he rushes to pull me into his arms. "What's going on? Is everyone okay? It's nearly three in the morning, Accalia! Do I need to come home?" Remus begins questioning rapidly, not really giving me time to answer his a question before the next one is bursting from him. By the time Remus finally shuts up long enough for me to tell him what's happened, the snarky voice of one Sirius Black graces my ears. "Who died?" He asks, smirking as he takes in my mismatched pajamas and red eyes. "You." Snarling I push myself from my brothers hold and move until I'm face to face with Black. "I'm afraid you'll have to do much more than wish me dead to see it, Love." Sirius winks at me, ignoring my brothers frantic signaling for him to just shut the bloody hell up. I don't even need to think twice as I draw my hand back and smack him clear across his smug little face.

"How dare you," I'm practically growling up at Black, his towering form casting a shadow over me as I can see nothing but red. "How dare you leave him there? After everything those people did to you. You had the audacity to just up and leave him? Did you not think for even a moment that in doing so you'd singlehandedly signed his death certificate?" His anger is replaced with confusion, but he doesn't get a chance to voice it... no, the million galleon question comes from James. "What are you on about, Lupin?" My attention doesn't leave Sirius's face for a moment as I grit out what's happened. "You left him alone with those people, not that you care but he's safe now... Just unconscious and trembling due to blood loss and long exposure to the cruciatus curse." Realization flickers behind his eyes, and I know he knows what I'm talking about without needing to be told. "Accalia, who's unconscious?" Remus grabs me by my shoulder and spins me to face him, his chest is heaving... he's never taken these things well.