Bravery and Loyalty

Cedric:
It's been an hour since Hermione Granger impersonated Harry Potter and saved my life during the final task- and the two of us are currently sitting in Dumbledore's office awaiting the headmaster and the minister of Magic. Not only did Hermione break about six laws, but she also stopped the rise of the dark side... which I, personally, believe should exempt her from being expelled- and from Azkaban. She's a hero, and I owe her a life debt. If they try and cart her off to Azkaban, well, they'll have to take me too. "How'd you know something was going to happen?" Turning towards Granger, I, for the first time, question her as to how exactly she knew of You Know Who's attempted return. "I didn't. I just knew Harry didn't need to compete... I could feel it in my bones that something was off." I guess they really don't call her the brightest witch of her age for nothing, she just stopped a war using only her gut feeling, Gryffindor courage, and loyalty to Harry Potter as his friend as her justification for her actions. Hermione Granger is the bravest witch I've ever had the pleasure of meeting- and she's only fourteen years old.

I jump slightly when the door to Dumbledore's office slams open harshly, but Granger hardly bats an eye. "Someone explain to me how it's possible that a fourteen year old just impersonated a triwizard champion and managed to fool everyone." An Auror shouts after following Dumbledore, McGonagall, and the Minister into the room- his eyes wide and locked on Grangers small frame. "I'm fifteen, actually, and instead of trying to figure out how I did what I did- maybe you should be looking more into the Portkey that transported Diggory and I to a cemetery where we were almost murdered by Peter Pettigrew, or how about you find out how Harry's name got into that blasted goblet in the first place! It's outrageous that you allowed Harry to compete, but what's even more astounding is the fact that instead of worrying about possible death eaters on campus, you're in here interrogating me, the witch that just saved your champions life, even though I'm going to be hailed a hero in the Wizarding community come Morning." Holy shite, she's hot when she's mad. Who knew Granger had a temper on her?

The Auror and Minister look taken by surprise at the harsh, yet accurate, words coming out of my witches mouth. Wait, what? My witch? Where the bloody fuck did that come from? "Miss Granger, you are aware we could send you to Azkaban for this, Correct?" Oh no, bad choice of words Mr. Minister. "You could, but you won't. Not only would you be putting the chosen ones best friend in prison, which would cause riots, but you'd also be calling your triwizard champion a liar when he comes forward with our story tomorrow in an interview I'm sure is already booked for him so he can talk about his winning; Face it. I'm the reason that Cedric Diggory is alive right now, and I'm the reason Harry Potter is untouched in the care of two close friends. I am the only reason you morons won't be having to deal with Amos Diggory in court over the death of his beloved son- I'm the reason you won't be the laughing stock of the Wizarding wold because you decided to allow a fourteen year old to compete in your death games. Threaten me with Azkaban all you'd like, you really should be thanking me."

If they try and send her to Azkaban they'll have to send me with her because she's not at all wrong. "If you'll excuse Hermione and I, I'd like to escort her back to her tower before proceeding back to my common room." When the Auror opens his mouth to say something to Hermione, I rudely cut him off and stand from my seat; All my kindness for today seems to have been tortured out of me in the Maze. "Yes, Mr. Diggory, please escort Miss Granger back to Gryffindor tower- Professor McGonagall and I can finish settling things with the ministry." Dumbledore sends us off with a twinkle in his eye, an unmistakable smirk gracing his features. "Hermione." I After her my arm and smile when she takes it and allows me to lead her from the office. "Thank you for the distraction, Diggory." "No problem, Hermione- and my name's Cedric." "Well, Thank you Cedric." "Who'd you leave Harry with?" She snorts in laughter at my question, forcing me to raise my eyebrow. "You'll never trust me again- but Fred and George Weasley." Stopping dead in my tracks I can't help but stare at her wide eyed.

"You've lost your bloody mind. You left the chosen one, Harry Potter, in the care of the Weasley Twins?" This witch is bloody crazy, she really felt the twins responsible enough to be in charge of Harry's life. "Yes I did, They also happen to be the only other people who knew I was going to enter the maze before I actually did." Now that doesn't surprise me, the Weasley brothers know the in and outs of the laws, and it's not at all shocking they knew Granger was intending to break six laws. "Follow me." Suddenly I'm leading her towards the prefects bathroom instead of the Gryffindor common room; It's been a rough three and a half hours and I think we could both use a relaxing swim. "Where exactly are you taking me, Diggory?" "You'll find out, Hermione- and, once again, It's Cedric." "Fine then, Cedric, Where are you taking me?" "I told you to wait and find out, Hermione, or are you incapable of having a good time?" "Oh, You're dead Diggory." Noticing the look of playfulness on her face I release her arm and take off running towards the prefects bathroom, her chasing after me hot on my heels.

Upon reaching the prefects bathroom I half shout the password at the door and don't slow my sprint as I dash into the room, Hermione following in after me and slamming the door shut behind her. "Where are we?" She asks, her body skidding to a stop when she sees me turning on the taps to the massive bath. "Prefects Bathroom, go in the changing room stalls to the left and transfigure your clothes into a swimsuit- We're going to relax for a while because that task was actually bloody hell." Instead if arguing with me like I had assumed she would she simply nods her head at me and leaves for the changing rooms, her hips swaying as she walked... Damn, that witch has a nice arse. As soon as I hear the door to her stall lock behind her I strip myself from my shirt and transfigure my trousers into a pair of muggle swim trunks. I wait until I hear the stall door open before I dive into the water, knowing she would be able to see he muscles of my back flex when I stretched to jump; I hope she's impressed... turns out it's a good thing Cho dumped me for Krum after all.

When I resurface I get a good look at Hermione and my jaw almost hits the floor. She's wearing a muggle one piece swimsuit with the Gryffindor house crest on it, it's not what most would consider sexy- but I think she looks breathtaking. "Are you coming in or not, Hermione?!" I call out to her, not at all expecting her to raise her eyebrow at me then dive in immediately. When I Cho and I used to come here she'd never get her hair wet, it was borderline boring hanging out with her here. When Hermione resurfaces a few feet in-front of me her hair is completely dry, probably due to a charm, and I grin. "I'm in aren't I, Diggory? Any other requests?" I growl playfully at her when she calls me by my last name again and swim over to her, closing the distance between us. "Just one," I breathe, leaning my face closer to hers, "call me Cedric." Closing my eyes and praying she doesn't hex me I lean into her and press my lips to hers gently; Fireworks seem to explode around us... Hermione Granger is a very special witch.

(Part 3 set 11 years in the future?)

Hermione and Cedrics swimsuits ^^