Imprint? (Hermione/Paul Lahote)(Harry Potter/Twilight Crossover)

I couldn't believe it... We had lost the war. Harry was dead, Ron was dead and I was being rushed off to a safe house in America alongside the Weasley Twins, and Ginny. "Once you four get there I need you to find Carlisle Cullen, he's a Vampire, and he and his coven will get you new identities. You are never to return to the U.K." Kingsly tells the four of us as he pushes a portkey into my hands. "It's been a honor to fight alongside you." Percy Weasley tells me, as he pushes Ginny towards me. "Fred, George... Take care of them." Molly manages to say to her sons between her tears. Before anyone has a chance to respond, the portkey begins to glow, the four of us latch onto it, and we are gone with a flash of blinding light. (Molly looks at her second and third oldest sons, and Luna Lovegood... She's to be sending the three of them off to America too, but on opposite side of the country. "Find them one of these days." Is all she says to Percy as she shoves the portkey into his hands and they are gone just as quickly as the other four.)

I feel myself make impact with wet sand, and look around me to find the others. The twins are standing in front of  Ginny and I protectivly, blocking us from a group of boys standing a few yards away. "Who are you, and why are you in our territory?" The one who looks to be in charge asks us, his eyes glowing gold. Fred goes to say something, but I stop him and whisper to him and George."Those boys are shifters, look at their eyes." I didn't realize they could hear me, until one of them asks the one in the front, "Sam? How does she know about us?" I don't give their leader a chance to respond before I start talking. "We need to be taken to the Cullen Coven, as soon as possible. It's an emergency." As soon as I say the word Cullen they all growl. "They have to be Vampires." One in the back who looks kinda familiar says, his eyes looking us over. I gasp when I realize who he is, "Quil!" I exclaim in relief, watching his eyes widen at my knowing his name. "Hermione?" He questions as he pushes past his friends and approaches me.

"Oh thank God." I breathe out as I launch myself at my childhood friend, wrapping my arms tightly around him. "You know her?" The one I've learned to know is Sam asks at the same time the twins ask "You know him?" "Yeah." Quil and I both say with a laugh. "Where are Embry and Paul?!" I ask him excitedly, momentarily forgetting the Cullens. "Funny as it is, they are with Jacob Black. He's going to check on Isabella at the Cullens." Quil says before shifting into his wolf and lowering himself down so I can climb on his back. "Follow us." I bark at the twins and Ginny who are still watching me oddly. Sam, and the other two boys with him shift and allow Fred, George, and Ginny to climb on their backs before they dart off after Quil and I, running full speed to the Cullen home. The wolf with Ginny on its back runs alongside Quil and I, and Ginny asks me "How do you know him?" "Ive been here before, Quil and I met at a bookstore with Paul and Embry, we've kept in touch... I just couldn't write him during the war."

Quil takes a leap and lands on all fours outside a beaytiful house. "I told you four to stay put!" A boy I dont recognize, snaps at Embry and the other boys once they shift back. "Cut the shit, Jake. Life isnt all about you, where are Paul and Embry?" Sam snaps at who I'm going to guess is Jacob Black. Jacob opens his mouth to respond, but closes it in favor of pointing to the creek where two boys are sat talking facing away from the house. "Follow me." Quil says as he leads me over towards them. "Guess who turned up on La Push?" He calls out to them, causing them to turn around. "Hermione?!" I hear Embry exclaim as he jumps to his feet to hug me. "Hey, Em." I say with a smile, i notice Paul's shoulders stiffen a bit at the sound of my voice. Paul slowly stands up and turns to face me, his eyes snapping to meet mine. I watch them shimmer from their normal golden brown color to silver, before retiring to their normal state. I've read about what that means, I just can't seem to remember it.

"You didn't." Quil gasps out at Paul when he realizes what happened. "It's not like he can help it, Quil, none of us pick who we Imprint on." Embry says with a laugh at Quils obviously aggravated face. "Imprint?" I ask, not being able to recall what it meant. "You know how Vampires have mates? Well, Werewolves," I interrupt Quil to correct him, "Shifters." He rolls his eyes before continuing, "...Shifters have someone we Imprint on. Its the same thing as a mate. We don't pick who it is, it just happens." Paul looks mortified and embarrassed at Quils explanation. "Im sorry you imprinted on me, I'm not exactly a safe person to be around." I say, well aware of George sneaking up behind me. "What do you mean?" Paul asks right about the time George tries to mess with my hair. Without looking back, I point my wand behind me and say, "Expelliarmus!" And watch Quil, Paul, and Embrys reactions as Georges wand is sent flying into Fred waiting hand and as George himself is thrown back into the creek. "It's bloody freezing!" George exclaims as he shoots me a glare and climbs out.

"You're incredible." Paul says without thinking, immediately slaping his hand over his mouth... Earning laughs from the rest of the people around us. I don't get to say anything else before I hear Ginny let out a scream, and whip around to see whats going on. I laugh when I see a Shifter about her age following her around with a love struck look on his face, thinking quick use the water spell, and say "Down boy!" With a laugh as the water shoots from the end of my wand and hits him on the nose. Embry stifles a laugh and calls out "Seth! Leave the poor girl alone." "That's just not fair. Paul and Seth both got to imprint, and I still haven't." Quil huffs out as he pushes me towards Paul. "They can talk later. I need to get them settled, and get them new identities." A pale man says as he walks out of the house. "They are staying on the Rez. No questions asked, two of ours imprinted and we need them close." Sam says to the man, who is looking from me to Paul with raised eyebrows.

"You all need new names, and inrolled at forks high school. Come with me inside, you can bring the wolves, and I'll get you set up." The others follow him inside, but Paul puts his hand on my waist to signal me to stay behind for a minute. "Yeah?" I ask him once we are alone. "I'm sorry. I know it's not ideal to be imprinted on... I can't help it though." He says with a small smile. "Don't worry about it... Its actually a relief to be honest. At least now I have something to take my mind off the War..." My voice trails off at the mention of the War, and Paul growls. "What War?" He asks me after he calms himself down. "The place I'm from... We fought a war. We all have scars from the war... some mental like the twins and Ginny, and others physical... Like me." I say as I pull my sleeve up to reveal the bright red flesh of my scar, 'Mudblood'. Paul's eyes flash a dangerous shade of black and his breathing quickens when he realizes what I mean. He pulls me to him and burys his face in my hair, inhaling deeply and slowly calming his breathing.

"Is that why you're here? The war?" He asks me, pulling me down to sit with him in the grass. "We lost. My best friends were killed along with my parents. We got sent here to escape... They picked places based on memories from one person in each group, I guess they used my memories of You, Quil, and Embry to pick where Fred, George, Ginny, and I got sent." He looks out at the creek deep in thought before saying "You do realize I will die before something happens to you, right? Its a wolf thing." "I know Paul, I think it's safe to say I'm in good hands here." I tell him with a smile, allowing my head to drop down and rest on his shoulder. "Im switching to Forks High... Quil, Embry, and I'm sure Seth too. We want to watch over you." He says softly, turning his head to look down at me. "The big bad wolf gonna protect me from the muggles?" I ask with a laugh as I turn to look at him. "You know it." He breathes out before closing the space between us, his lips capturing mine. The moment only lasts a moment before we are hit with a stream of cold water from Fred's wand, and Quil is laughing out "Down Boy!" for the second time today... This is going to take some getting used to.

(Should I turn this into a fic? And yes or no on the crossover?)