Guilty (Draco×Ginny)

In the midst of the battle, many things could be seen. Hermione Granger and George Weasley sobbing over the lifeless body of Fred Weasley, Percy Weasley dueling the Minister of Magic himself, Neville Longbottom fighting alongside Luna Lovegood... willing himself to keep pushing. In a far off corner of the battle if you looked you would see Ginny Weasley, her eyes on fire as she raised her wand at him... Draco Malfoy. He had caused the wall to fall on Fred, and he knew she knew it was him. He didn't even bother to raise his wand, he wouldn't until she attacked. "I trusted you... And you killed him." She said, her voice barely above a whisper. He was expecting a lot of things from the youngest Weasley, but her words were not one of them. Her words sliced through him like a knife, making him feel guilt in ways he never knew he could feel guilt. "I'm sorry, Ginny... The wall wasn't meant to fall." He says, not meeting her eyes. He knows good and well her wand is still trained on him, she doesn't care if he's sorry or not... He knows that.

"Sorry doesn't bring my brother back. Sorry doesn't fix George, he'll be broken beyond repair. Sorry doesn't heal Hermiones broken heart. Sorry isn't going to cut it, Malfoy." She spat at him, her grip on her want tightening until her knuckles were white. He had done it this time, he knew better than to let Granger or the other Weasley Twin see him at all after what he had done... He just hadn't expected Ginny Weasley to catch him. Being on the other end of her wand was nearly as terrifying as being on the business end of Hermione Grangers wand. "Ginny..." He starts to say something to her, but before he can finish his sentence, she's fireing curses at him. Her wand was shooting red and orange hexes at him, not letting one spell hit him before the next one was rolling off her tounge. She was pushing him into a corner, tears slipping from her eyes between each curse or hex. Of all the things he had expected to break him that night, to ruin him mentally, he hadn't expected it to be the tears of the youngest Weasley child. She could hear a few of her brothers running up to assist her, but she didn't want their help.

"Stay back! He's mine!" She had snarled out at her three oldest brothers when they rounded the corner and ran to help her. "Ginny, you don't have to kill him." Her oldest brother tells her, but she doesn't listen. "Yes I do! He killed Fred!" She yells in between her spells. "Charlie found a pulse, Gin." Percy Weasley said to her, his voice calm but firm. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, he hadnt killed Fred Weasley, he was an innocent man. Without so much as a second look at him, she lowered her wand, and took off running to where she knew Fred would be. The two oldest Weasley brothers ran off after their sister, but the third oldest stayed behind, his eyes trained on Draco Malfoy. He watched Percy Weasley, he couldn't believe he hadn't killed Fred Weasley... But he knew this Weasley brother wouldn't leave until he had said what he needed to say. "You may not have killed Fred, but he'll never be the same again. He could easily be paralyzed... Ginny was going to kill you, and we wouldn't have stopped her had Charlie not found Fred's pulse... She will never forgive you, and whatever little friendship the two of you had going on is as good as gone."

Draco took the Weasley boys words like a knife to the heart, the blow hurt... But not as much as he knew it would if he survived this bloody battle. He watches the Weasley brother run off after his siblings, and he sinks to the floor. He closes his eyes only a moment, but when he opens them, she's standing in front of him again. She trained her wand on him, tears slipping from her eyes and onto the floor. "Your Mum... She's killed him... Ron's gone." She tells him, watching his eyes widen at her words. "I didn't kill anyone, Ginny... Im innocent." He tells her, hoping she'll listen. His words make her laugh, "Innocent my arse, Malfoy. You've got plenty you're guilty of." Her words were cutting into the boy, slicing him in ways worse than Bellatrix had sliced Hermione Granger. "If you're going to kill me, get it over with." He snarls at her, tossing his wand at her feet. "I'm not going to kill you, Malfoy. You're going to come with me, and you're going to see what your mother has done to my family."

Without another word, she turns and walks back in the direction of her family... She knows he's following her. When they reach the great hall, he finds many things he hadn't expected to find. Hermione Granger and George Weasley each sitting on a side of Fred Weasleys bed, gripping one of his hands. He sees the bodies of his cousin Tonks, and her husband Remus... She had only just had her baby. Then, his eyes land on Harry Potter. The boy he had made an enemy was sitting by the head of the youngest Weasley brother, tears streaming down his cheeks... He doesn't walk any closer, but She hears him say "I'm guilty." under his breath. She hears him run from the hall, and she knows what hes going to do. He runs mindlessly into the battle until he finds Molly Weasley, her eyes wet with tears. He wants to apologize, but he knows he won't get the chance... He sees his aunt aiming her wand, and does the only thing he can think to do... He launches himself in front of the green light that shoots from her wand.

*A few month's after the battle*

She stood in front of his white marble headstone, she wasn't sad he had died in the battle... But what was written on his headstone never failed to make her laugh in anger... "Draco Malfoy, June 5th 1980 - May 2nd 1998, A guilty man repented." She would never admit it, but she held a great deal of respect for the Malfoy boy after he had saved her mother. Sure, his mum was the reason her brother was dead... But he was the reason her Mum was alive. He took a killing curse for a woman he had known as nothing more than a Blood Traitor his entire life. One upon a time, they were friends... Then he nearly killed Fred. She knew their friendship would have never repaired its self, but she didnt have to worry about that now. Once a week she would come and place Tiger Lily's on his grave, her Guilty enemy turned repented hero.

(Please let me know how you feel about this!)