Part Three: What Makes A Man (Trigger Warning)

George and I have been home for a week now, and to say he's absolutely enchanted by Rosalie would be an understatement. He's always holding her, talking to her, singing to her... she's going to be a Daddy's girl if he's not carful- and I hope he's not. Rosalie and I are lucky to have him, because of George my daughter will know what a real man looks like. She'll know better than to fall for boys who aren't worth her time. He'll teach her to know better than I did. In truth, George isn't the only person absolutely taken with our daughter. Her namesake, one Rosalie Hale, has been coming to the Burrow everyday for the last week, for at least an hour a day, to spend time with Ro until she has to fly back to her Coven in America. Just as my mind starts to wonder to thinking about a man I loathe with every fiber in my being, George comes sweeping into the room as if he can read my mind. "Look who we found, it's Mummy! Do you want to let your Mummy see you?" He coo's at Ro as he makes to hand her to me.

"Did you miss your Mummy?" I laugh as I take the baby from George, grinning when she looks up at me in wonder. "I can't speak for Ro, but I know I missed her Mummy... Miss Hale and Grandmum Molly almost wouldn't let me have her back." I laugh lightly at the exasperated look on his face at the mention of our faithful babysitters. George had to floo to Hogwarts earlier to pick up our coursework, and since I was asleep he left her with Rosalie and Molly- who I gather clearly didn't want to come off Ro when George got back. "Rosalie goes back to America tomorrow, so we'll probably lose Ro for a few more hours tonight." I remind him, watching as he smirks back at me. "You know what that means? If Rosalie has Ro tonight- that means you and I might finally get some homework done and a few hours of sleep in." Moments after the S word leave his lips, I watch the hopefulness drain from his eyes when our daughter begins crying rather loudly. One sniff and I know the issue, and it looks like it's George's time to shine.

"Here you go, Daddy, she needs a nappy."

Time Skip : Return To Hogwarts, Five Weeks Later.

"Molly, are you sure you don't want us to take her with us? We're only going for lessons... and we'll be home for lunch at noon, then home for the night by no later than five... but if you don't want to keep her George and I can take her will us..." George and Molly both look at me in exasperation as I ask for the millionth time in the last hour if she was sure about keeping Rosalie for us. "Hermione, firstly I've told you to call me Mum, I promise you it's no trouble at all for me to keep her during the day. It'll be nice to not be here alone all day anymore." George doesn't give me a chance to argue with his Mum before he cuts in. "Mione, were not coming back here for lunch, I'm going to come pick Ro up and bring her to Hogwarts so the rest of the family can see her at lunchtime- then I'm bringing her back to Mum before our afternoon lessons."  I open my mouth to protest, but before I can Molly tosses a handful of powder into the fireplace shouting Hogwarts, and George shoves me straight through into McGonagalls office.

"You're an arsehole, George."

Time Skip : Lunch, A Few Hours Later

"Hermione! Where's my niece?!" Fred exclaims in excitement as I drop into the seat next to him. "George just went to go get her from your Mum." The two of us begin digging into our lunch when suddenly the loud sobs of my daughter reach my ears, causing me to groan and shoot up off the bench- Fred following me closely as I approach George at the front of the hall. "George, Love, stop antagonizing the baby and hand her over." He pouts at me, but does as told and shifts our daughter over into my arms. "What's the matter, Darling, did your Daddy torture you with the floo?" As I talk to her, I turn to start back to my seat- only to find one of Draco Malfoy's friends, Theodore Nott, blocking my path. "I just wanted to tell you that your daughter is very beautiful, it's a shame Cedric didn't get to see her... he was my cousin. All he talked about for three months straight was getting to meet her." He walks away before I can respond, tears in his eyes, casting one last look at my baby. It's not until the Twins and I get seated at Gryffindor table do I finally put everything together.