Dragons (Hermione×OC Muggle Boy)

(I am working on a marriage law fic, not going to say who the ship is yet, but this is a tester to see how you all like Hermiones persona in this story)(Ron is dead in this fic.)(Leave commentary about changes that you think should be made to Hermiones attitude or personality!)

Within half an hour of being informed of my ministry arranged engagement I, along side one seriously pissed off Charlie Weasley, was pulled off the Peru Mission and currently in the process of being shipped back to England. "Are you sure you don't want to change before our arrival at the Ministry?" Harry asks, eyeing my skintight reserve approved taming outfit. "If they're going to force me back to England for an arranged marriage then they can put up with my immodisty. I'm a dragon tamer, not a librarian." I inform him, smirking at Charlie's snort of laughter from behind me as he pulls on his uniform dragonhide jacket and prepares to make the five hour broom ride back home with me. "I like her attitude... if this law didn't exist I wasn't already married to Luna I'd ask her out." Zabini whispers to Harry as they mount their brooms, unaware Charlie and I can hear them. "I'll bet you mum has a heart attack when she sees you in that outfit with that hair." Charlie whispers as he mounts our broom behind me, his arms coming to grip the handle in front of me, making sure I'm secure before he kicks us off into the air.

"It's not like I can change it back even if I wanted to, Dye products made with dragon venom are permanent... I'm more concerned with if the twins ever find out about the tattoos I let you talk me into." I whisper back, watching as we rise higher into the air and more and more of the reserve becomes visible in the moonlight. Sadness floods my mind when it dawns on me I may never get the chance to return to the reserve for work, even after fulfilling the requirements of the law my body would be in no condition to return to the life of a tamer. "We should arrive at the Ministry by no later than four a.m., then you'll go with Charlie to the Burrow and sleep for a few hours before heading to Hogwarts for the mass bonding ceremonies taking place from eight to eleven." Harry flys over to Charlie and I, informing us of our travel plans. It makes sense for us to travel at night like this so we've less of a chance of being seen by muggles- its why our mission was going to leave at ten thirty p.m. instead of ten thirty a.m.

The five hour flight to the Ministry is a silent one, the only noise around us being supplied by the many owls flying in the cover of night, letters and parcels attached to their feet. Upon our arrival in London we were directed by Harry and Zabini inside the Ministy and down to The Department of Magical Law Enforcement. "Harry you promised me time to rest before this bloody mass bonding ceremony, so why the hell am I being dragged through this bloody building instead of being allowed to take my leave?" I question loudly as I'm paraded through the marble corridors of the Ministry, the eyes of every man and woman we pass glued on Charlie and I- hushed whispers of the term Dragon Tamer reaching my ears as I'm inspected by anybody and everybody. "Kingsley wants proof of your compliance... Mione you do realize your compliance is what he's depending on to keep the masses calm, don't you? I married Ginny before the law was passed, and Ron's dead, which means you're the only member of the Golden Trio they can exploit in an attempt to keep people from rioting."

After a brief and very tense meeting with the Minister it is decided that Charlie and I will walk to Diagon Alley and use the Twins floo to reach the Burrow. As Charlie and I walk through muggle London to reach the Leakey Cauldron entrance we pass a group of teenage boys on their way to school, their eyes glued to my leather clad body in awe. "Excuse me, Miss!" One of them calls out, running to catch up with Charlie and I before we round a corner and disappear out of sight. "Yes?" I turn to face the owner of the shout and come face to face with a boy who looks like an even mixture of Cedric Diggory and Viktor Krum rolled into one. "I'm Ladon Collins, eighteen by the way, and I was wondering if you'd snog me? My mate's bet me ten ponds I couldn't convince someone as pretty as you to give me the time of day." He explains, scratching his neck and  throwing me a sheepish grin. "Ladon? Like the dragon from Greek Mythology?" I question with a smirk, ignoring Charlie's groan from beside me. "Ye-" I cut off his reply by crashing my lips to his in a bruising kiss.

After I pull away I wink at him before turning and pulling Charlie around the corner, leaving the group of shocked teenage boys in our wake. "Well, you can cross that name off your bloody list." Charlie snorts in referral to my list of names that mean Dragon. "That was the last one I needed, I've officially snogged every known name that means Dragon."

(Hermione and Ladon pictured at top)