Taken with Her (Hermione Granger×George Weasley)

"Oh my Godric. You're in love with her."   Ginny shouts at her older brother, unaware I'm standing just outside the storage room door, a forgotten WWW product of intrest clutched tightly in my hand. "So what if I am, Ginny? It's not like it matters. She's Ron's girl. You know it, I know it, Ron knows it... My feelings for her mean nothing." My breath catches in my throat, they're talking about me... I hope that's not Fred talking. "George, with all due respect, shut the bloody hell up." Ginny snaps, and it's like all my prayers have been answered- he likes me. George Weasley likes me. "Why should I, Ginny? You know I'm right. Even Fred told me I didn't stand a chance with Mione." "George Weasley you listen to me and you listen good. She's not in love with Ron, hasn't even had a crush on him since her fourth year. It's not my place to say if she's got feelings for you or not, but the fact you wont even confess yours to her because you and everyone else have this premade notion she'll end up with Ron is ridiculous." Ginnys words are cutting and I can practically feel George flinch away from his sister.

"What's the point in telling her if I'm only going to get shot down?" He sighs, I dont even need to see him to know hes running his hand through his hair like he usually does when he's stressed. "If you never tell her, you'll never know how she feels. If you checkout and leave it, you'll never know, you'll get nothing." I hear George respond something about Ron and decide I'm sick of hearing about Ronald. Pushing open the door to the backroom with a bang I practically shout, rather than say, "You've all only ever heard Ron's point of view! Nobody ever asks about mine!" Ginny, seeing my hair sparking with anger, makes her leave and suddenly George and I are alone. "How much of that did you hear?" He asks worriedly, he's seriously on the verge of catching a hex if he keeps playing dumb. "I heard enough to know the truth, George." The color drains from his face and he starts trying to deny it... but I know better. "Listen, George, there's something I need to get off my chest- and you're going to listen to what I have to say if you want to or not."

Without further protest George leans back against the work bench and waits for me to start, his eyes darting between me and the floor every so often. "George, I dont know why you and everyone else seem to think I'm Ron's girl. I've not liked him since fourth year, and I don't see myself ever taking a fancy to him again. I've fancied someone else since fifth year, since I discovered what kind of a person he really was. Since Harry found he and his brother comforting a first year after detention with Umbridge. Since he and his brother decided to be the first to sign the paper for Dumbledore's Army. Since he sat in the hospital wing with me every night for a month while I recoverd from the battle at the Ministry... He's you, George. I've liked you for about a year now." By the time I finish speaking George is staring slackjawed at me, clearly shocked at my liking of him. "What? How?!" He finally shouts in disbelief, clearly still not believing me. "You showed me life's about more than cleverness... You showed me laughter and its healing qualities."

"You really fancy me?"

"Yes, George."

"Thank Merlins harry sack, otherwise this would have been awkward."

"Did you jus- Mhmp!"