Dauntless (Hermione × Fred)

"Hermione Granger." Mr. Eaton calls out, signaling to me it was my turn to choose the place I would be for the rest of my life... I already knew what I was going to pick though. It's been a long two years since I've seen my boyfriend for longer than fifteen minuets, and I don't plan on waiting another day to kiss him. I stand from my seat, smoothing out my Blue and White dress. Sure, I would love to stay in Erudite... It's where my family is, but, I know what's going on with our government, it's corrupt, and I refuse to take part in it. Only I know about the dark blue, nearly black, shorts and shirt I wear underneath this dress, that I intend to remove on stage as soon as I've made my choice. My boyfriend's little sister, Ginny, is sitting in the front row, and as I pass her, she slips a note into my hand. This isn't the first time this has happened between the two of us, every time Fred would come to visit me, she'd give me a note because her mother and father refused to let anyone speak to Fred, or his twin for that matter.

As I make my way up the stairs of the stage, I spot him. Fred... His eyes are watching my every move, almost expecting me to disappear if he blinked. I quicken my steps until I reach Eaton, holding my hand out to take the knife from him. As soon as I feel the cool metal of the knife handle pressed into my hand, I press it into my left plam and drag it across my flesh, creating a cut just big enough for a few drops of blood to slip out. Before I choose, I look up at my mother... Her eyes are watering, so I guess she knows. I don't dare look at my father, as I raise my had above the bowl filled with burning coals, and squeeze my hand together until a single drop of my blood can be heard sizzling against the burning stones that represent Dauntless. I hear a gasp over take the room, the leaders of Erudite not believing what they are seeing. Mr. Eaton looks at me in shock as he passes me a cloth for my hand, not expecting me to turn from him as soon as the bandage is wrapped around my hand, and tear my dress off.

As soon as my midnight blue shorts and shirt are revealed to the crowd, the people in the Dauntless section begin cheering, loudly might I add. Without so much as another glance at my family, I launch myself off the stage and into the arms of Fred. A few hushed whispers of outrage can be heard throughout the room as Fred tilts his head down and connects his lips to mine, this is the first time he's been able to openly kiss me in years, and it feels amazing. We are drawn from our bliss when a few moments later the name "Ronald Weasley." Is called... Fred may have a strained relationship with his family, but, it mattered to him where they went. He and I watch as his little brother takes the knife, cuts his right palm and lets his blood flow into the Amity bowl, signaling yet the fifth Weasley child to defer from the faction they were born into. Once Ron is off the stage, Fred pulls me to him once more, enjoying every little thing about eachother, until I hear the name "Harry Potter." Be called, and see my best friend of five years make his way down to the stage.

Harry looks between Ron and I, trying to choose between his best friends and finally makes a decision as he cuts his right hand, and lets his blood drip into the burning coals. Once Harry is safely with the rest of Dauntless, I turn to Fred and press my lips firmly to his once more. Getting lost in what I can only describe to be heaven. His lips feel like silk as they glide over mine, his tounge reaching out to swipe along my bottom lip... His way of begging me for entry, and trust me, I wasn't about to deny him. Fred and I have been together since I was eleven, so about five years now, and I know him like the back of my own hand... But the way his kisses always seem to take my breath away never stops shocking me, or the way his arms feel when they are wrapped around me; Its like being wrapped in a warm blanket of safety.

The one thing I would have to say I love the most about him though, is the way he loves me. When Fred first told me he loved me, I was nearly fourteen, and he was turning sixteen. We had been together three years, and neither of us could deny it any longer, so, when he said it, my only reply was "I know. I love you too." I knew he loved me when I had hit the lovely age of thirteen and a half, when our normally proper courting turned into us sneaking out of our homes at night to meet on the roof. When the hand holding turned into cuddling under the stars, my back pressed into his chest as we talked about anything and everything... I knew I loved him however, the first time we kissed. It was nearly midnight and we were sitting on the roof, a plate of stolen fruit sitting between us, talking about my upcoming fourteenth birthday. He commented on how beautiful he thought my eyes were, and when I looked up to scold him... I met his eyes.

His usually light blue eyes had darkened a bit, and his face was closer than I had anticipated. My breath hitched in my throat as I brought my hand up to brush through his ginger hair. I felt myself leaning into him as he inched his face closer to mine, but I wasn't prepared for the fireworks that went off I behind my eyes once our lips finally molded together. I wasn't expecting to pull him closer by the front of his baby blue night shirt and kiss him like he was oxygen, like I wouldn't be able to live without him... But I did. It was in that moment when I realized I loved him. It was also in that moment I realized I could never be Erudite, because my faction saw love as a weakness, and I would never stop loving Fred Weasley. Falling in love with Fred Weasley was the best choice I ever made, it was also the bravest. The night before his choosing ceremony, we met on the roof, and he told me he was leaving and tried to break up with me... He thought I wouldn't want to leave Erudite. I kissed him so hard I'm surprised I didn't bruise him and told him that in two years, I would follow him wherever... And that's exactly what I'm doing.

Just before we leave, I take one final look at Erudite, and lock eyes with Ginny Weasley, one of the two remaining Weasley children to still be Erudite. She nods her head at the note tucked into the band of my shorts, then at her brother. I understand what she means, and pass the note to Fred, reading silently with him once he has it opened, and grinning from ear to ear when the note sinks in. "Fred, and Hermione... I've decided love isnt a weakness like I told you it was when I found out about the two of you. I've decided love is my greatest strength and it makes me brave. I've promised Harry I'll follow him next year, I'm leaving Erudite and following my heart to Dauntless. I don't give a damn if the test tells me I should be Amity, or Erudite, or Candor for the matter... I'm,Dauntless enough already because I love such a beautiful mess... I love him the way you two love each other, with passion and fire. A fire so hot it could rival the coals Hermione just allowed her blood to run onto. It will make Mum, Dad, and Percy disappointed to see me go, and Ill be disowned just as you were, Fred, and the rest of our brothers that left... They had us to raise leaders... They just didn't realize we would learn to have minds of our own. - G.W." Fred reads aloud, his voice hardly above a whisper...

Before we have a chance to look back at Ginny, we are being rushed out of the Hob and Fred is pulling me towards a car he has waiting, not allowing me to go with the other new Dauntless members. "It's a perk of being in a position of power, I get what I want... And I'm not going to risk losing you when I've only just gotten you back." Fred says to me, as he pushes me into the back seat of the car and climbs in behind me. Shutting the door and sitting facing me. "It's been two long years... But I finally get to hold you again." Is all he says as he leans back into his seat, grabs my body and twists me around so my back is to his chest, and pulls me firmly against him, the warmth of his body seeping its way into mine.
I've missed this. I've missed him. "You know you're mine, Right?" He asks me, his arms tightening around me ever so slightly. "Fred, you are mine and I am yours. As humans we only fall in love once, and I fell in love with you. Im forever grateful I did, it's the best thing to ever happen to me, and I wouldn't change it for the world." I tell him honestly, just happy to finally be able to touch him. In this moment, I don't know what horrors the future my hold, all I know is my life is forever intertwined with the life that is Fred Weasleys, and so wouldn't change a moment of it.

(Let me know how you feel, this is a possible fic idea.)