Lost in Battle

She didn't know how she'd ended up separated from Harry and Ron.

One moment the three of them had been racing through the heart of the battle, after only nearly escaping the Room of Requirement.

The next she was locked in duel, fighting alongside Fred Weasley, her comrades nowhere in sight.

They'd had the upper hand, right up until the very moment the wall behind them had come tumbling down.

She'd been quick to throw up a shielding charm, only just managing to protect the two of them long enough for the rubble to be banished.

The moment they'd been freed, the two had parted ways.

He taking off in a mad dash after his twin.

She charging back into battle, no regard for her own life.

She bested the Death Eaters in duel after duel, not allowing one of them the slightest opportunity to gain the upper hand against her.

No matter how hard they looked, they could find no weakness in the witch.

She'd given up hours ago on sparing the lives of those stupid enough to raise their wands to her.

This was war.

Kill or be killed.

She'd rounded into a remote corridor, hoping to catch her breath, when she'd stumbled upon a duel she was positive ran much deeper than this battle.

A boy, a Slytherin, with his wand held up threateningly.

Across from him stood a Death Eater, a father, pleading with his son to join him.

"Stop this nonsense, Theodore, it's time to come home."

The death eater pleaded, and she watched from her hiding place as the boys wand faltered slightly.

"You don't get it, Father... Hogwarts is my home."

Father snarls at son, his wand coming into view for the first time since her arrival.

"Do you understand what you're doing? If you don't join us, join me, you'll be nothing more than a blood traitor in my eyes... just like your Mother."

The mention of his mother sends a shockwave through the boy, his wand now firmly aimed at his father.

"Blood never mattered to Mum, it doesn't matter to me either... I'll not be your pawn."

Snarling, the man prepares for battle.

"Have it your way."

She can't tear her eyes away as she watches father and son duel.

She's frozen to her spot, desperately trying to avoid being noticed by the pair...

...that is until Father starts to gain the upper hand, and it becomes clear son will be amongst the fallen if not assisted.

Rounding the corner, she stops a few steps behind the Slytherin and raises her wand.

His father, unprepared for her intrusion, has no time to prepare when the first of her hexes make way into the duel.

The Slytherin pauses, only for a moment, to glance behind him and see who was foolish enough to try and assist him.

His father was of the original followers of the Dark Lord, serving loyally since the first war.

Momentary shock registers on his face, but it's gone as soon as it appears.

Now is not the time to be shocked by Granger, he'd stopped being supersized by her bravery his first year.