Reunion of Sorts (Spencer ReidxHermione Granger)

"Are you sure you want to go to this? We don't have to if you don't want to. You really look like you are having second thoughts about the whole thing." Spencer says as he cradles Athena by the door, his eyes never once leaving our daughter. "I have to do this. I've not seen my friends since the end of the war, and that was fourteen years ago." Adjusting my dress I glimpse the eye roll Spencer gives at my response. He knows I won't back down from going no matter how much I may want to. "You're not the same person you were fourteen years ago, Hermione." Is all he says, finally lifting his eyes from our daughters now sleeping form to look at me. "You think I don't know that? I moved to America and joined your team, we got married and I had Athena... I know I'm not the same person I once was, but that doesn't mean I can keep running from the past." I say flatly, crossing the room to pluck Athena from his arms and put her in her car seat... she looks so much like Spence it's not even funny.

"How are we even getting to this school of yours? You've mentioned means of magical transportation before but none of them seem safe nor logical for traveling with Athena." As soon as he's sure Athena is going to remain sleeping in her seat he starts questioning me. He never has been able to fully grasp the concept of travel in the wizarding world and it drives him crazy. "We're at my parents house for a reason, we're taking the floo directly to Hogwarts. I wrote McGonagall and got permission to use the floo in her office the day I got the invitation for the reunion." Spencer nods his head before looking up at me confused. "You never did explain why you have seven and fourteen year reunions instead of the muggle standard of five and ten. Wouldn't that make much more sense to go by fives instead of sevens?" I roll my eyes at him and hand him Athena's car seat before walking over to the closet to get the bucket of floo powder. "Seven years of schooling, seven years between reunions." I say, throwing a handful of powder into the fire and watching the flames turn green.

"You two go first, I'll follow. When I shout the name of the school you need to step into the flames- and no, they won't hurt you or Athena." I explain, raising my hand to stop his river of questions before they can begin to flow. "Hogwarts!" I shout and shove Spence and our daughter into the flames, watching with a grin as they both disappear. A second later I grab another handful of powder and send myself through the floo network, landing gracefully in McGonagalls office. Taking notice of Athena's empty carrier I look around the room and smile when I see McGonagall cradling my daughters small form while talking adamantly with my husband. Upon walking closer I realize they're talking about Athena. "She's absolutely precious, what exactly did you say her name was, Mr Reid?" McGonagall asks, cooing at my baby. "Her name is Athena Minerva Reid. Hermione and I named her after the Greek and Roman goddesses of wisdom and knowledge." He explains, not realizing that our daughters middle name might have come from somewhere else. "Actually her middle name is after the best professor I've ever had, Headmistress." I say, finally drawing attention to myself.

McGonagall grins widely at me before handing Athena back to Spencer so she can hug me. "It's good to see you again, Miss Granger... or perhaps I should be calling you Mrs Reid." She says, squeezing me tightly. "The two of you may feel free to leave her carrier here if you'd like, however I must insist you not allow me to keep you from the reunion any longer than I already have. I trust you can still find your way to the great hall, Hermione?" After releasing me from her anaconda like grip, she directs Spence and I out of her office and towards the great hall. As I lead Spencer towards the great hall I warn him not to bombard my school friends with too many questions about the magical world. "Just hold your questions until we get back to Mum and Dads tonight then you can ask away and I'll answer anything you want to know." I say just as we reach the open doors to the great hall, my voice wavering slightly at the end of my sentence. "It's not too late to back out." "Yes it is."

With a deep breath I walk into the hall, Spencer and Athena right behind me. As soon as we enter the hall, Spencer catches sight of Luna and Dean Thomas, the only of my magical friends he's ever met, and rushes over to talk to Luna- taking Athena with him. I move to follow him, but stop when I make eye contact with a set of green eyes I'd know from anywhere. Harry. His eyebrows shoot up into his hairline and he smacks the ginger to his right on the shoulder as I approach them, alerting Ron to my presence. "Hermione? Is it really you?" Harry asks when I'm within earshot, causing the other members of table to look up at me in shock. "Yes, it's me, Harry." I whisper, preparing for the telling off I'm sure is to come. Harry stands there gaping at me, not really sure of what to say... but the ginger woman sitting to his left finds words for him. "Where the bloody hell have you been? Do you know what you put all of us through? How long we looked for you? You broke my brothers heart when you left! Suddenly you think it's okay to just appear out of thin air fourteen years after dropping off the face of the earth?!"