Dirty Blood

The Silver Trio.

Three Lions in the pit of Snakes.

Two of Dirty Blood.

One a mix of Dirty and Pure.

The three had rocked the Wizarding World when they'd been sorted into Slytherin their first year.

They'd gotten so much attention that the fact Harry Potter had arrived to Hogwarts the same day had been totally overlooked.

The half-blood, Seamus Finnigan, was the first to adopt the silver and green robes.

He'd been expecting to go to his mother's house, Hufflepuff, or even Gryffindor...

...but, Slytherin?

He wasn't evil, and his mum said all the darkest wizards were Slytherins.

He was ashamed to be a Snake, because he was not evil.

Far from it actually.

He was kind, brave, and intelligent.

He was not cunning, not ambitious...

...or so he thought.

The girl followed him, Hermione Granger, her parents were muggles.

Dentists.

She'd read all about Hogwarts and knew enough to know her being sorted into Slytherin would cause a commotion.

She was of Dirty Blood.

Slytherin was a house for those deemed Pure.

She'd been expecting Ravenclaw.

She was intelligent and witty.

She decided the moment the hat shouted out her house that she wouldn't do it.

She would not allow her magic to be tainted.

The last of the three was a shy lad, Dean Thomas, his mum was a muggle and he knew not of his father.

He could have been very well been a half-blood...

...but claiming so didn't feel right.

He had not grown up in this world and would not make false claims to it.

He knew nothing of the houses and their reputations when he was sorted into Slytherin.

All he knew was that the bushy haired girl and the boy with trembling hands looked just as out of place as he did.

So he'd marched himself over and seated himself between them, this sparking the beginning of a powerful friendship.

The three found themselves at odds with their housemates, and as a result, spent most of their time alone in the library.

Their first year was spent learning spells to protect themselves from their housemates...

...and somehow striking up a friendship of sorts with the red headed Gryffindor twins, Fred and George Weasley...

...and Harry Potter.

The unusual friendship between the six began out of convenience.

Fred and George wanted to use the trios brains to execute a prank against the older members of the Slytherin House.

Harry had needed a tutor in Potions, and found himself sitting in the library between Dean and Seamus every Tuesday -

- listening to Hermione as she lectured the three of them on Potion making.