Fist Bumping (Jily)

Lily;
He's hopeless- James is absolutely hopeless. Even bloody Sirius can see I'm not going to give James the time of day anytime soon- admittedly Remus knows the reason why. "Lily, just throw the poor boy a bone and let him take you out. You like him, he's in love with you! I know you're waiting on him to grow up a little, but bloody hell- Snape called you a Mudblood and you still blame James for all the hell all four of us have been giving him... me more so than the others if I'm honest." Remus says, his eyes not lifting from the pages of his book. The two of us are tucked away in a secluded corner of the library, avoiding three people between the two of us. Remus is avoiding Sirius like the plague- and I'd rather die than speak to Sev or James at the moment. "That doesn't change the past, Remus... James always does whatever the hell he wants and doesn't think of the possible outcomes of his actions. He's impulsive and childish- I won't go out with him, no matter how much I may like him, until he realizes his actions can hurt people."

————————————————————————

Sitting in the common room I overhear a discussion between James and Sirius, I don't really think anything of it until I hear Sirius's little brother be mentioned. "Are you sure you won't be able to convince Regulus to come with you? I don't want him left with your mother anymore than I want you to have to go back home over break to pack your things." "Jamie, Reg will never leave... it's safer for him at home anyway. I'm the defector, he's not. He's the perfect Slytherin Pureblood heir- I'm the estranged Gryffindor heir in love with a werewolf and best friends with a Muggle-Born lover. If I don't leave they'll kill me, and if he leaves they'll kill him." My hand moves to cover my mouth to stop the gasp that nearly escapes me, they're talking about Sirius's home life. "Listen carefully, I don't give a damn what your mother says, you're leaving. You'll come to my house, just like we planned, and if anyone tries to interfere they can meet the other end of Mums wand." Sirius nods his head and James and the two boys embrace, they really are like brothers.
————————————————————————

James is growing up, he's becoming the person I always knew he could be, and I'm overjoyed to get to witness it. After overhearing his conversation with Sirius I began watching James Potter more than I've ever watched him before, and I can truly see him growing up. "Your staring again, Lily." I growl quietly at Remus's remark as a blush works it's way into my cheeks. "I'm not staring, I'm observing." Remus snorts at me, unattractively might I add, and casually says, "I heard Sirius was going to try and set James up with Alice." My breath catches in my throat when I look across the room and see Sirius and Alice talking excitedly while she keeps glancing at James over Sirius's shoulder. "I'd make your move now, Lily." Remus says when he sees Alice stand up and start across the common room towards James. "Fuck it." I whisper, standing up and walking the five steps it takes me to reach James so quickly that Alice pauses, startled, halfway to James and just stares at us, turning around to send a panicky look at Sirius who's jaw is on the floor.

Taking a deep breath I tap James on the shoulder to get his attention.

"Lily?" He questions when his eyes lock with mine, fuck it- I'm doing this my way.

Grabbing onto the front of his jumper I yank him down until we're roughly the same height then I lunge forward and clash my lips to his- chuckling slightly at the startled noises I hear from behind me.

...Maybe Potter isn't so bad after all.
————————————————————————
Nobody POV:

As the newfound lovers embraced, across the common room two of their friends were fist bumping, celebrating a job well done.

"Who knew all it'd take was me paying Alice to ask out Jamie to get Lily to make her move?"

"Um, Me? I gave you the idea, Sirius."

"Hush, Remus."